SHAEF IS FUNDED!! THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
STRETCH GOALS UNLOCKED:
STRETCH GOAL 1: GBP £7,500 - UNLOCKED! We're increasing the size of the cards to poker-sized cards.
STRETCH GOAL 2: GBP £8,000 - UNLOCKED! We'll mount the game board (rather than using a thick card board).
STRETCH GOAL 3: GBP £8,750 - UNLOCKED! We'll double the number of dice in the box - upgrading from 2 ten-sided dice to 4 of them.
STRETCH GOAL 4: GBP £10,000 - UNLOCKED! Kickstarter exclusive: In addition to the dice included in the box, we'll send all of our backers 2 exclusive ten-sided dice with a 'SHAEF' logo printed in place of the '10'.
EARLY BIRD PLEDGES!!!
We’re running an Early Bird special with an even better saving on the MSRP than the standard SHAEF pledge offers. To help things along, we've changed the Early Bird from only being available for the first 72 hours of the campaign to being available to our first 250 backers. If you’d like to back Ian Brody’s latest board game, come on board now to take advantage of the Early Bird price.
SHAEF is a two-player, card-driven World War II strategy game covering the period from June 1944 to March 1945, by Quartermaster General designer Ian Brody. SHAEF covers the war in Western Europe from D-Day to the Allied advance over the River Rhine.
The game box includes the rulebook, the game board, 2 ten-sided dice, 360 cards (illustrated with historically-themed photographs), 2 player mats, 2 player aid cards, die-cut counter sheets, and plastic stands for the on-board armies.
ABOUT THE GAME
Preview the rulebook in our Kickstarter updates HERE.
One player takes the role of SHAEF – Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force commanded by US General Dwight D. Eisenhower. The Allied player’s goal is to control at least two of four key locations in Germany before the end of March 1945.
The other player takes the role of the Axis forces opposing the Allied invasion. The Axis player wins if the Allied player fails to control two of the key locations before the end of the game, or if all Allied units are eliminated from the continent during or after August 1944.
Gameplay is at army and corps level, with each turn of the game representing a full month of the campaign. The historical armies and corps that fought in the campaign are represented by counters moving on the gameboard map. Lower echelon forces, such as divisions and brigades, are represented by cards assigned to the army counters. Other cards provide combat support and special tactics for each side.
Players use Operations Points to perform actions, and must carefully manage this resource every turn. Each player takes three movement and combat phases per turn, and must also juggle with their supply line and replacement units.
A successful Kickstarter campaign will mean that we can make a number of cosmetic upgrades to our game. As the targets shown below are reached and unlocked, we'll make the following upgrades to the game.
STRETCH GOAL 1: GBP £7,500 - UNLOCKED!
We'll upgrade the size of the cards from bridge size to poker size. This will make them easier to read and handle.
STRETCH GOAL 2: GBP £8,000 - UNLOCKED!
We'll mount the game board (rather than using a thick card board).
STRETCH GOAL 3: GBP £8,750 - UNLOCKED!
We'll double the number of dice in the box - upgrading from 2 ten-sided dice to 4 of them.
STRETCH GOAL 4: GBP £10,000 - UNLOCKED!
Kickstarter exclusive: In addition to the dice included in the box, we'll send all of our backers 2 exclusive ten-sided dice with a 'SHAEF' logo printed in place of the '10'.
WHERE WE'RE AT
Ian Brody is a well-known and respected designer, best known for his popular Quartermaster General series of games.
Ian has completed his game design and has thoroughly playtested it. The rulebook, game board, and components have been completed and we have our manufacturer in place and ready to roll.
Shipping is currently planned for June 2018.
To add any of the 'Optional buys' shown below, click the 'Manage your pledge' button on the Kickstarter page and add your desired amount of funds to cover the optional buys you wish to add. You will be able to select what this extra money is going towards when we send out our pledge manager survey after the Kickstarter campaign has closed.
You may add any (or all!) of the following optional buys to your pledge:
- Ian Brody's Quartermaster General: Victory or Death @ GBP £38 (MSRP GBP £45)
- The Great War Centenary Edition @ GBP £56 (MSRP GBP £70)
- The Great War Tank Expansion @ GBP £32 (MSRP GBP £40)
- The Great War French Army Expansion @ GBP £38 (MSRP GBP £45)
- The Battle of Britain @ GBP £48 (MSRP GBP £60)
- Hold the Line: The American Revolution @ GBP £55 (MSRP GBP £59.95)
- Hold the Line: The French & Indian Wars expansion @ GBP £25 (MSRP GBP £29.95)
- Hold the Line bundle: The American Revolution AND The French & Indian Wars expansion @ GBP £70 (MSRP GBP £80)
In addition to our games, we thought it would be fun to offer some of our Normandy campaign plastic model kits as optional buys - although they're not something you can use in SHAEF, we think that some of you might already be military kit modellers or miniature wargamers ... or might like to become one! These kits are 1/72 (20mm) scale, and are supplied unassembled and unpainted; vehicle boxes usually contain 3 models plus variants, and infantry boxes contain approximately 50-60 miniatures.
- 1/72 Late War British Infantry 1944-45 @ GBP £9.50 (MSRP GBP £11.75)
- 1/72 American Infantry 1944-45 @ GBP £9.50 (MSRP GBP £11.75)
- 1/72 British 25pdr and Morris Quad Tractor @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Easy Assembly Sherman M4A1 76mm Tank @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 M3 Halftrack @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Sherman M4A4/Firefly Tank @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Churchill Tank @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Cromwell Tank @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Late War German Infantry 1943-45 @ GBP £9.50 (MSRP GBP £11.75)
- 1/72 Pak 40 and Raupenschlepper Ost @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Easy Assembly Panzer IV Tank @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Easy Assembly Sdkfz 251 Ausf D Halftrack @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Stug IIIG Assault Gun @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Panther Ausf A with Zimmerit @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Panzer 38T and Marder variants @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
- 1/72 Sdkfz 250 Alte Halftrack @ GBP £15.50 (MSRP GBP £18.95)
Battlegroup Wargame Rules
- Battlegroup Ruleset (2nd edition) @ GBP £16 (MSRP GBP £20)
- Battlegroup Overlord - Beyond the Beaches supplement @ GBP £13 (MSRP GBP £16)
- Battlegroup Market Garden supplement @ GBP £10 (MSRP GBP £12)
Shipping will be charged after the Kickstarter campaign ends. Doing this allows us to reduce the charges if we find a more efficient shipping method or local partner for your zone.
When the Kickstarter campaign ends, we will send you a shipping survey asking for your shipping address, and our pledge manager will use this to calculate and charge you for shipping.
Taxes and import duties may be charged by your local postal service. If you add optional buys to your pledge, your shipping cost will increase.
Please note that the prices shown below are our current shipping estimates for single copies of the game (which may change).
- Zone 1: UK: GBP £3.00
- Zone 2: Most EU countries (exceptions apply) & Ireland: GBP £10.00
- Zone 3: USA & Canada: £16.00
- Zone 4: Other destinations: GBP £16.00
Risks and challenges
We have appointed a dedicated games manager to improve communication about our great products, and to ensure that our games are produced on schedule and to a high standard.
That said, unexpected delays may affect any production schedule. In our case, these would most likely be associated with shipping, manufacturing, or customs processes. Should any delays occur, we will endeavour to keep our backers up to date every step of the way.
The estimated shipping date is June 2018, but please keep in mind this is only an estimate. Also, due to the logistics of international shipping, backers in some regions of the world may receive their rewards sooner than others.
Please note that our game's stretch goals and final design may differ from those shown in our campaign – sometimes we need to make technical changes as we go, or find a better way to do things.
If you’re unsure about committing to our Kickstarter, please remember that you’ll be able to buy the game once it hits the shops, but without any Kickstarter exclusives or the benefit of special Kickstarter prices.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)