Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler: Portable pour-over coffee maker
World's first portable pour-over coffee maker that has combined coffee grinder, dripping kettle, dripper, and mug into a single tumbler
1. Background of developing Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler
Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler is a patent-pending creative product. Anyone who sees the product will clap hands why he/she didn't think of this idea before. It is that much simple but innovative product, which has never been introduced in the world.
The inventor and CEO of Beanscorp, Hansang Yoon was just an ordinary company staff who loved drinking coffee, maybe 3, 4 cups a day. Although he was a coffee lover, he didn't want to spend too much on an espresso machine nor capsule coffee machine that were expensive and not portable. Purchasing and handling all different types of brewing kits were also too much hassle for him. Furthermore, spending 15, 20 bucks a day at franchise coffee shops was just too much. He began to ideate a SIMPLE and affordable coffee maker that is PORTABLE, can be used ANYTIME and EASY-TO-USE. That is All-in-one Tumbler!
2. Original Design
3. First version of Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler
[Pic 4] and [Pic 5] show the first version of Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler. Following Mr. Yoon's vision and goal, we tried to focus on developing an affordable and environment-friendly All-in-one Tumbler with portability and usability enabling anyone to enjoy fresh coffee anytime, anywhere.
4. Upgrading the original version
There were couple of issues with the first mock-up version of All-in-one Tumbler. It was relatively heavy, which was a little burden for users to carry around and its big size made female users difficult to grind whole beans comfortably. We tried to resolve the issues with simpler design, optimized number of components, shorter height and a longer folding hand-mill.
5. Second mock-up version of Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler
6. Material Review (commercial version)
7. Current Status
We are currently discussing business opportunities with a couple of renowned corporations in Europe and the U.S.. Our video clips uploaded on YouTube are already making buzz among coffee lovers and leading ordinary people to send us query emails for purchasing. It has made us even more excited with hopes of success. We've already gathered ideas of optimizing and upgrading the second mock-up version of Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler, which can reflect better usability and sustainability.
8. Our Plans...
Feb 2013 : Started designing Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler and Cangrinder
Nov 2013 : First mock-up All-in-one Tumbler
Feb 2014 : First mock-up Cangrinder
Apr 2014 : Second mock-up All-in-one Tumbler
Aug 2014 : Make molds for volume production of All-in-one Tumbler
Oct 2014 : Start volume production of All-in-one Tumbler
Nov 2014 : First commercial products will be sent to Proud Backers
9. Cafflano 'One Team' and Friends
- Seung Gu Kim, CFO (left) : CPA, Kyungpook National Univ., Former member of Korea Technology Transfer Center, Venture Capitalist
- Han Sang Yoon, CEO (center) : SungKyunKwan Univ., Former CEO of Ilchang Precision, Inventor & engineer of Cafflano products
- Stephen Kim, CMO (right) : Arizona State Univ., Former Bechtel Corp., Former Head of Sales of RealNetworks Co., India & SAARC.
- Justin Ahn, Director, EMEA (left) : Dongkuk Univ., Former Samsung Electronics Regional Marketing in London, U.K., Former Sr Marketing Manager of Fairchild Semiconductor, EMEA.
- Yong Eun Kim, Director, America (right) : SungKyunKwan Univ., Former Samsung Electronics Regional Marketing in America, Former Sr. Director of Fairchild Semiconductor San Jose, CA.
Risks and challenges
Although we have been vigorously working with the vision of making coffee lovers smile with a single coffee brewing kit that is simple, portable, and environment-friendly; there are of course risks and challenges to consider as with any project.
The design of the second mock-up version of Cafflano All-in-one Tumbler will be improved further with the commercial version; for example, even more lighter by making the tumbler's height shorter and apply a longer folding hand-mill for grinding with lesser force. While applying the new designs and preparing for volume production, the expected time-line may be little delayed (our expected time-line for commercial volume production is Oct 2014). However, we have already completed reviewing all aspects of the new All-in-one Tumbler, so we believe the risk of delay is minimal.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)