Link to new project:
If you are like me, you have a really hard time finding t-shirts that you like. It seems like every shirt I see in a store is uncomfortable, unattractive, or way out of my price range ($50 for a t-shirt anybody?) If you want something that feels good to wear, won't cost you a small fortune, and doesn't feature the word "Swag", this project is for you.
I want to have a line of comfortable, cool looking, and affordable shirts made. I am doing this by using my own artwork and ordering in bulk. These shirts are 4.5oz 100% pre-shrunk cotton (except for Death Star and Raccoon with AK, those are cotton/poly blend due to the color choice). I'm also doing prints and spray paintings for backers who don't want a t-shirt. I already have the supplies to do the paintings and prints, so the numbers are limited. If you want me to create a custom t-shirt from a picture you submit, check out the $99 reward!
I have set my goal at $3000. This is enough to screen print 120 shirts and ship them to backers. If I were to print and ship 80 shirts, the cost per shirt would be $30 for a $2400 goal. It seemed logical to knock $5 off per shirt and set the bar a little higher.
After the project ends, I will send a survey to all backers that will ask for shirt size(s) and to verify the shirts each backer wants. From there, I will double check (for the third time) the t-shirt designs and make any final adjustments that are necessary. After that, there is a two-week turnaround before the shirts are ready. I will post an update the day the shirts are done. From there, I will work on packing and shipping shirts. I estimate that I can make about 50 shipments per day, but I have enlisted the help of a few friends so I can ship more if needed.
More on the Shirts:
Sizes: Adult Small- 3XL available
Soft, lightweight cotton fabric
Double-needle stitched for durability
$15 Reward Example:
$20 Reward Examples (one more coming soon):
If you are new to Kickstarter, It's easy! Here's how it works:
1. Decide which reward you want.
2. Create a Kickstarter account or sign in through Facebook.
3. Select the reward, and confirm your pledge amount. If you are in the United States, no additional shipping fee is required. If you are in any other country, an additional shipping fee will be added to your pledge. At this point, you will be redirected to Amazon. If you do not have an Amazon account, you will need to create one.
3. Enjoy the ride! On October 11th, If my goal of $3000 is reached, your account will be charged for the amount of your pledge, and I will get started on fulfilling your reward. If my goal is not reached, your account will not be charged, and no shirts will be made.
4. If you want one of these t-shirts as much as I do, tell your friends! Twitter, Facebook, or just good, old-fashioned conversation. Be sure to mention how easy it is to create an account!
I'd like to thank my family and friends, all of my backers (past, present, and future), kickingitforward.org, and Kickstarter for making this project a possibility.
Risks and challenges
The biggest risk was making the shirts affordable without losing money. I have eliminated this with the high goal amount. Another risk is that the shirts will be in some way defective when they arrive. I have addressed this by using the highest rated screen printing company that I could find. If things go really well (500+shirts ordered), I have several friends who have volunteered to help with the process of packing and shipping.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)