Hang 12: The push-your-luck party game! (Canceled)
Do you know what your friends are thinking? Guess correctly to surf bigger and bigger waves, before it all comes crashing down! Whoah!!
Do you know what your friends are thinking? Guess correctly, and you will surf bigger and bigger waves, but if you answer incorrectly, it will all come crashing down! Ride your wave in to shore before you lose it! You may even get to hang 12 and cry, “Cowabunga!"
Grail Games is pleased to bring you Hang 12 - the game is ready and the artwork complete - we just need your help to print and produce this simple, clever (and often, hilarious) game...
Hang 12 is the push-your-luck party game!
In Hang 12, you take turns trying to guess what another player thinks. In order to catch a wave, you will need to guess correctly. Then, by continuing to answer correctly, you will ride the wave higher and higher, giving you greater potential to score lots of points when you ride the wave in to shore.
But be careful! If you don't get to shore before giving an incorrect answer, you will wipe out and score nothing! Be the first to collect twenty-four points to win!
1) Playing the game is simple. After selecting the beach to be surfed at, the active player draws a card and secretly answers the question from the selected beach with their surf boards...
2) Then the other players place a surf board face down, trying to pick what the active player selected...
3) The other choice for players, is to Surf...
4) If you don't Surf a wave before you wipe out you won't score any points for it. The first to 24 points (in the standard game) wins!
Hang 12 is a game in which the more players that play, often the quicker it takes. (because there are more questions to answer before it is your turn.) This game does a gnarly job of catering to 3-6 players!
➼ Watch an overview of how to play the game here:
Note: This play-through video uses prototype components.
Also note: We were having so much fun, we forgot the rule that if everyone gets an answer wrong, no one wipes out. Whoops! No wonder the game took a while :)
All backers will receive the following in their copies of Hang 12 (and more will be added if we reach the stretch goals listed below!)
- 60+ question cards
- 66 wave cards
- 8 beach "postcards"
- 18 cardboard surfboards
- Rule book
...All in a sturdy, 2-piece box (20x20x5cm)
Note that the question and wave cards will be 63x88mm.
YES! All backers will receive two promo cards for the game (more if we hit stretch goals!) That's an extra 16 questions for the game!
These cards will form the "Gamers" pack and will contain board game related questions, such as...
- I prefer (a) Euro (b) Ameritrash
- I would rather play as (a) Blue (b) Green
- I have cheated True/False
- I actually secretly kind of like Monopoly True/False
- I would rather go to (a) The Oscars (b) The SdJ
There are plans to increase the number of promos backers will get, and to include more question "themes". Stay tuned :)
With your help, we will be able to make Hang 12 even bigger and better! Whoah! Tubular!
AWESOME! Thank you for your support!
Ten more question cards will be added to the game! Righteous!
Sweet! Now the surf boards will be 2mm thick cardboard, instead of 1mm!
Ten more question cards will be added to the game! Even more righteous!
Yes way! Now the surfboards will come with a swish linen finish!
Ten more question cards will be added to the game! Even more righteousness awaits!
Whoah! Now the surfboards will be even thicker! 3mm!
Ten more question cards will be added to the game! So righteous I'm gonna hurl!
Nice! Reaching this goal will allow us to increase the 8 beach cards to a tarot-like 70x110mm size!
What the?! It's true! Linen finish cards across the board!!
Now each backer will receive an extra 2 promo cards! Wicked!
That's right, dudes and dudettes! We have more stretch goals up our sleeves that we can't wait to announce, should we get there...!
If you would like to add any number of copies of the following games to your pledges, please "Manage Your Pledge" and add the following amounts to secure a copy of these games. We will send a survey after the campaign ends, asking you to confirm what games you have added-on.
- Hang 12: $28AUD extra per copy (approx $20.90USD or $28.25CAD or £16.10 or €18.60).
- Jeju Island: $25AUD extra per copy (approx $18.70USD or $25.20CAD) - US, CAN ONLY.
Grail Games has recently published the English language edition of Jeju Island. Originally from Korea, this game takes place on Jeju - the famous tourist destination. A family game that combines a mancala mechanism with card collecting, it has a quirky (and charming) look!
➼ Watch an overview of how to play the game from BGG News' W Eric Martin here:
Note: We can only ship this game to the US and Canada during this campaign (shipped in July.) All other backers should look out for it at their favorite online, or local, game store.
Q: Is shipping for this game actually free?!
Well... yes and no. Worldwide shipping is certainly not free! However, we are happy to swallow this cost if it will mean getting this great game into your hands! Your pledge includes shipment to you, no matter where you live.
Backers who pledge for Jeju Island will receive it within a month after the close of the campaign. Hang 12 is due to be sent to you in November, 2017 (hopefully before!)
Yes! Hang 12 will be sent to EU backers from within the EU, and AU backers from within AU! NOTE: Jeju Island will be sent from the US.
By supporting Hang 12 on Kickstarter, not only are you helping us to produce the game in the first place, but if you back now, you also receive these perks:
- PRICE! You will receive your copy of of the game at, or below, retail cost - especially considering that worldwide shipping is included in your pledge! (MSRP will be approximately $30USD/$40AUD.)
- PROMOS! The promo cards that all backers will receive will not be available after the campaign, except (if any are left) via the Grail Games online store (and, perhaps, conventions, etc.) for a cost.
- EARLY! You will receive your copy at least a few weeks prior to the game being made available to online and bricks & mortar game stores.
- NICE! Your support will make the game better! More stretch goals means more components and a better quality.
- AND! We are also providing copies of Jeju Island to backers of this campaign at a reduced price as a thank you to you!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SURF-TACULAR SUPPORT!
Grail Games is a card and board game publishing studio located in Sydney, Australia. Founded almost three years ago, we have already run nine successful Kickstarter campaigns. We focus on reprints and producing English language versions of great games from Asia!
Grail Games’ aim is to produce board and card games that are:
- Family-friendly: We believe that games can strengthen friendships and families. All of our games can be enjoyed by players of a variety of ages.
- Fast to teach: our games have clean, straight-forward rules sets to decrease the number of barriers to entry.
- Replayable: Games blossom when they offer a variety of pathways to explore. All our games have a high Depth>Box Size ratio.
Olga is an illustrator who works outside of (and inside of) Bureau Stabil in Saarbrücken. Her skills cannot be beat, and she is so happy to have had the opportunity to give Hang 12 such a beautiful coat of paint!
Heiko is well known in board gaming circles (and squares). He is the mad scientist behind the look of such iconic games as Glory to Rome, The Networks, and Grail's own Circus Flohcati and Doughnut Drive-Thru! He has also co-designed the upcoming Peak Oil!
➼ Visit the Grail Games website!
➼ Visit Hang 12 on BGG for videos, forums, photos and more!
And feel free to show your support across social media with the following downloadable avatars:
Thanks for supporting Hang 12! GNARLY!
Risks and challenges
Grail Games has already produced tnwelve games, all currently available in game stores around the world. Since our first Kickstarter campaign was received EARLY by backers in January 2015, we have continued to send high quality products to backers on time! We have our systems well in place and use a top manufacturer to produce and ship quality games around the world. Grail Games is beginning to forge a track record of delivering fun games with quality components… on time!
However, unforseen circumstances can hold up a project. This can happen at the point of manufacture or during shipment. Grail Games has given a time-frame for delivery of Hang 12 that we believe is certainly achievable. If anything does affect the project, backers will be kept in the loop via regular backer updates at every step of the production and shipment process.
Note that the currency conversions in the pledge level blurbs are a guide only. Currency values may fluctuate during the campaign.
Also note: Pledge levels do include all shipping costs, and backers will receive their games before retail stores, but Grail Games cannot guarantee that retailers will not sell Hang 12 at a cheaper price than Kickstarter supporters will “pay.”
Finally, Grail Games will happily send replacement copies of any game damaged in shipment to backers, etc., but if backers fail to inform Grail Games of a change in shipping address or similar, backers may be asked to pay extra costs for a replacement copy of the game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)