This project's funding goal was not reached on September 6, 2012.
About this project
Wanted to share the good news. We have been covered by the leading tech blogs:
TechCrunch - Read Here
Mashable - Read/ Watch Here
Evolver.FM - Read Here
We are honored and humbled by everyone's feedback. Thank you!!
Follow us @radioshoutout
Like us @Facebook.com/ShoutOutRadio
Remember back when you called your local radio station and dedicated a song to someone? When that song played, you knew everyone would hear it. That was cool. But ok, grandpa, those days are long gone.
We’ve all migrated to music on-demand. And radio pretty much plays advertisements and the same three songs in a sad loop. Seems like “radio” just isn’t cool anymore.
Just because we consume music differently doesn’t mean we still can’t send and dedicate music – right?
This is the idea of ShoutOut Radio.
ShoutOut Radio lets you send, receive and hear music with your Facebook friends. It’s like your personal radio station where you can dedicate a song to a select few or send your favorite songs as a ShoutOut to all.
Here is how it works.
1) Download the ShoutOut Radio app and sign up. All your Facebook friends are instantly added and can get music from you (ShoutOuts!).
2) To send music, you can send songs from your device’s iPod, choose top tracks, or search millions of songs.
3) Select who you want to send a ShoutOut to, add your message (public or private) and click send.
What happens next?
Your friends who already have ShoutOut Radio will get a notice and see it instantly. Friends who don’t have the app will get your ShoutOut within Facebook.
Now you have this killer song being heard by all your friends all around your ShoutOut message. Think you’ll get some comments? You bet! Here is the magic (well, more magic). Each ShoutOut can be commented on and liked from within the app or on Facebook directly – all synced up in real-time so everyone is in the know.
Hold on, we have more up our sleeves.
You and your friends have been sending cool music as ShoutOuts and you have some great songs you’re discovering, or ones you forgot you loved. Well, just click a button and we will create a unique radio station around that song.
If you don’t want to use a ShoutOut to make a radio station, that’s ok. Just create your own by the artist and songs you love (kinda like Pandora).
Really? Yep, here are some other features:
- Your profile. You can create a profile about yourself to share with others on ShoutOut Radio.
- Real-time notices. Know if someone listened to your ShoutOut, ‘liked’ your song, or commented on it.
- Settings to toggle your privacy. Because you should control who gets what.
- And. All the things you expect to have in a great app.
Progress & Timeline
What has been done so far?
- Legal stuff is done.
- Music rights acquired and minimums paid to playing music.
- Initial servers are set up, backed up and running.
- Design, strategy and website are complete.
- 9 months of development and experience under our “belt”.
The goal is to have the iPhone and Android apps publicly available and free by October of this year. Yeah, we know it’s a lot of work. But we’ve had 9 months to get started and we’re confident we can hit this goal.
What we need funding for
1. Roll out the completed iPhone app to you, our supporters.
2. Finish and roll out the Android app. Again, first to our supporters.
How will we do this?
One person can’t code everything, so:
- I’ve enlisted the help of 2 brilliant developers. Oh, “enlist” = each is paid a minimum salary so they don’t have to get day-jobs and keep 100% focused.
- Will hire another developer to help code faster.
- Going to dedicate a team to test, test and re-test (you can help also).
- Planning on add more servers to stream your favorite “Just Beiber” song.
If we’re lucky enough to raise more than our goal, we plan to work on and release some cool features like SoundCloud integration and song identification (similar to Shazam).
Who are you?
My name is Rick Reich and I’ve been developing and building apps for 8 years. I have a day job, but hack all night. Although I have the title of Founder, I’m lucky enough to have the brilliant development help of Ivon and Sergey. Together, our team of 3 decided to jump into building ShoutOut Radio with a limited budget (rational? Maybe not, but who cares). With the help of you and this Kickstarter community, we can make this idea a reality.
Oh Sweet Rewards!
Yep, we have rewards for all support levels and they are pretty cool (we think). Each reward level builds on each other, so if you pledge $100, you get all the rewards before it too. You can read all about them on the right, but here are some highlights:
A t-shirt you would actually wear for a $35 pledge.
I’m a backer B*#$@ Business cards for $75 pledge. Or, a custom ShoutOut Radio iPhone case for a $250 pledge.
Easter Egg (Say what? It's a hidden feature in the app) for a $750 pledge.
And there is more.. Scroll up and look right for Pledge levels!
And, One Last Thing…
Thank you, thank you AND thank you for your time and support. We can’t wait to send you ShoutOuts.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)