LoveLive! School Idol Festival is a rhythm game developed by KLab. You can download it on iOS and Android. It is based on the LoveLive! School Idol Project franchise. The majority of players is in Japan (more than 9 millions players) but a big community also exists worldwide. See Official Site for more information.
School Idol Tomodachi is a website that gathers and provides resources for players of the mobile game LoveLive! School Idol Festival.
- Get all pictures, information & statistics about the cards in the game!
- Get trivia & information about all the idols in the game!
- Create a profile and enter your cards to show them to your friends!
- Follow what your friends are doing on the game and comment on their profiles!
- Get information and a countdown for all the events in Japanese & English version!
- Vote for your favorite idol & the prettiest cards on the global contest and on special contests!
- And much more: check out the list of features!
It started 3 months ago, and today reached over 6000 users!
We've been developing it in our spare time, in addition to our full time jobs. We pay for the servers ourselves, and it's getting a bit expensive; due to the necessity of high performance hardware and good reliability. However, we really want to keep it free to use and avoid displaying annoying advertisements. That's why today, we need help from the community to help us cover the server costs!
We hope that you understand and that you will help us keep going!
If this campaign is successful, we plan to add two major features:
Get information, search/filter and track your scores/trophies on songs! You loved it on the cards, we're going to do it with the songs as well!
You'll be able to search and filter songs using titles, sub-units, attribute, order songs by notes, length, LPs required, and more!
You'll also have a Songs section in your profile where you'll be able to track your scores and trophies. You'll even be able to say whether the song was played in a Score Match, a Medley or as a regular live stage.
Sort your cards by teams or ask the website to automatically generate optimized teams for you!
You'll be able to show your teams on your profile! Each team will have a name and 9 cards. You'll be able to add as many teams as you want!
We will also provide a tool that will automatically create teams for you, depending on the attribute, and your needs:
- If you want to get a high score, we will calculate the statistics & bonds
- If you want to get a full combo, we will fill your team with Perfect Lock cards
- If you want to survive the hardest songs, we will fill your team with Healer cards
- We will redesign the profile page to make it prettier
- We will redesign the homepage to show relevant information to you
- We will improve the activities to make them more interesting: "Like" activities, post your own activities with free text and pictures, filter activities (only SR/UR), etc.
- We will improve your experience on mobile
- We will make the transfer code storage more secure
- We will redesign the idols pages to improve navigation and make them prettier
- We will add cool new things to the cards: version name, tags, transparent images, see who else own the card, and more
- And lots of other features. You won't be disappointed ;)
#1 - $700 / Achievements
We will add Achievements to unlock!
Since we track your progress, we will give you special virtual rewards for your proud accomplishments in the game, such as:
- Reached rank 100, 200, 300!
- Got your first UR, 5 UR, 10 UR!
- Reached T2, T1 in event!
- And much more!
The cute achievement badges will be visible on your profile :)
#2 - $850 / Giveaways
We will add a Giveaways page!
You'll be able to participate in giveaways to win accounts to play in the game! You'll be able to organize a giveaway, make your own rules to win and transfer the account to the winner!
Our Safe Transfer feature, using Gold or Silver verifications, will guarantee that the accounts are real!
In addition, if you organize a giveaway on another page, such as the Trading&Giveaway Facebook group, you'll be able to use our website to transfer accounts safely as well.
#3 - $1000 / Quick Add Cards
We will add a Quick Add mode to add cards!
You'll be able to select cards option once then add lots of cards at the same time. It will be much easier and faster to build your profile and share your pretty cards~
#4 - $1337 / Change Cards List Style
You will be able to change the layout of the cards page, depending on why you're browsing it:
- Full cards: The current style you see on the site right now :)
- Round cards: Smaller cards with round icons (same as your profile) that will load faster and allow you to find cards quickly
- List cards: Small round cards with statistics shown in a list
#5 - $1500 / Events Search/Filter
We will improve the events page!
You'll be able to search for events, filter the events by EN/JP past events, your favorite idol or the type of event!
#6 - $2000 / Auto Tweets
Automatically post your activities to your Twitter!
Ask the website to work for you: it will automatically share your activities on Twitter! Every time you get a new SR/UR card, you rank up, you rank in an event, you'll be able to tell the world about it!
#7 - $2500 / Idols Contests
We will add a new type of contest: vote for your favorite idol!
You liked voting for your favorite cards? Vote for idols!
This contest will not be a facemash like the other one: users will be able to vote only once per contest.
Contests will last 10 days and will have different themes, such as:
- Who do you ship with Umi?
- Who would you like to marry?
- Who would you like to travel the world with?
#8 - $3000 / Show what matters on your account
Your event scores are more important to you than your cards? You'll be able to show them when people open your profile!
For each of your accounts, decide the tab opened by default:
- Your deck of cards
- Your album
- Your wish list of cards
- Your event scores
- Your activities
- Your song scores
#9 - $3500 / Hey, listen!
For each idol, listen to the sentences they usually say on your home screen on their sound boards!
For each card, listen to the sound effect that the idol makes when the skill is activated during a live show!
#10 - $4000 / Idols pictures & Goodies
For each idol from μ's, we will add multiple tabs to let you show your love for your waifu even more!
You'll be able to see and download pictures of your favorite idols, but also browse and purchase merchandises of your favorite idol.
#11 - $4500 / Auto Emails+Notifications+RSS
No need to panic anymore: School Idol Tomodachi got your back!
Choose to either receive an email, a notification on your Android or iPhone or read your RSS to get informed about what is happening in the game and in your community:
- When new cards are released
- When someone follows you
- When an event is about to end
- When an event is about to start
- and more ;)
#12 - $5000 / What's next on EN?
Since we know what is going to happen in the EN game, we will add a page that tells you in advance what the next event, the next cards and the next songs!
#13 - $5500 / Leaderboards
We will add Leaderboards!
Various leaderboards will allow the community to compare various statistics among the players registered on School Idol Tomodachi!
- Who has the highest level in JP?
- Who has the biggest collection of URs?
- Who is the best in events?
The answer is coming with this new feature ;)
#14 - $6000 / Custom Cards
Create your own custom cards using an image of your choice!
You'll be able to create your own cards for N, R, SR and UR cards, as well as circled avatars!
#15 - $6500 / Songs Contest
You liked it on cards? Let's all fight for our favorite songs!
This contest will be a facemash (same as current cards contests) but with songs!
+ If everything goes well, we might even be able to let you legally listen to extracts of the songs while voting ;)
#16 - $7000 / Scouting simulator
We will create a scouting simulator!
Never tired of being excited when you scout 10+1 cards? Our scouting simulator for both English & Japanese versions will allow you to experience again and again the joy of scouting new idols!
#17 - $7500 / Let us guide you and simplify the site~
Most players only use the deck and never use the album or the present box. We will allow you to choose to use them or not! It will simplify your experience while adding your cards!
We will also add tutorials that explain how to use the website the first time you create an account.
#18 - $8000 / iOs App
We will make an iOs app that lets you browse the cards, see the activities of the people you follow, and more!
Pick your favorite card and we'll hand-craft a cute keyring that looks like it :)
We got the permission from a very talented Japanese artist to use his drawings for our supporters' t-shirts!
- Click on these links to preview the different colors: green, red, black, orange, yellow, blue, white, navy blue.
- Click on these links to preview the different idols from μ's: Maki, Nico, Eli, Umi, Nozomi, Honoka, Kotori, Hanayo, Rin.
- Check your size on the chart below : S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL (unisex, looks good on girls!)
Check out the blog of the artist ハル犬: 八月二日
Besides the rewards fees, we will entirely use it to pay for the server. The server costs approximatively $75 / month.
It sounds expensive, but understand that we have a lot of traffic, which requires us to pay for a very good server and lots of bandwidth.
Transparency & honesty are our priorities! That's why we published a full detailed budget here. Feel free to comment or ask questions about it :)
During the first month of existence of the website, we had a pretty standard server that was inexpensive (AWS Free tier). Most of the time, people would get errors because the server couldn't handle all the requests, and we had to pay for a lot of extra bandwidth (first bill was $200). As a result, we had to migrate multiple times until we could find the best option.
Today we have a pretty robust architecture that corresponds to our needs!
- The server runs on Amazon Web Services EC2
- We have a t2 medium instance with 2 CPUs and 4 GiB RAM
- We store the images (cards, events banners) on S3
- EC2 used to be in Tokyo, is now in North Virginia
- S3 is in Tokyo, will migrate to North Virginia June 1st
We are two developers and relatively casual players of the game. It's the first project we made together.
We're both 23 years old and we live in San Francisco, California. We come from the same computer science university and both work as software engineers in the same company: http://life.tl/
We started coding School Idol Tomodachi in January 2015. The reason why we started it was because we used to update spreadsheets to track our progress, but we thought that we could probably find a better way to do it. So we made it.
At first it was just an API. We knew we were not the only ones who were tracking cards, so to make it easier to use, we made a website on top of the API. And to make the website more fun, we also made a contest.
At some point, we decided to talk to some IRC + Reddit folks, and a few tests and feedback gathering later, we launched School Idol Tomodachi to the public on February 2nd!
The LoveLive! community got interested in it and started asking for more features, which we happily added.
From a simple cards tracker, it became a full-featured website on its own that gathers the community around the game and keeps providing players nice resources to help them play the game.
This heartwarming support from the community keeps motivating us to do more! We love helping the community by providing as much information as we can about the game, while keeping the website easy to use, shiny, cute and pink ^_^
We don't know how far we will go with this, but one thing we know for sure is that we are having a lot of fun doing it and sharing this crazy idol adventure with you.
School Idol Tomodachi is not a representative and is not associated with LoveLive!. LoveLive!, School Idol Project, School Idol Festival, their logos and cards images are Trademarks of ASCII Media Works, Dengeki G's Magazine, Sunrise Studio, Bushiroad and KLab.
Chibi characters drawings come from Sankaku Complex.
Musics come from MidiStar.
Risks and challenges
We also have a full time job, so our schedule cannot be guaranteed, since we work on this on our spare time. We're pretty confident though, since so far we met all our goals in time.
Generally speaking, running the website without the financial help of the community might be very hard, because we don't have extra money to spend on the website. If we come to the point where it's too expensive for us, we might consider the very sad option of adding advertisements, or worse option of closing the website ;_;Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)