Grab some friends. Think of a word. Play a letter. Don't be the one to complete the spelling of a word. Is this Déjà vu? Kinda.
WordGhost turns your favorite childhood spelling game into a card game with a twist.
Supernatural? No, just WordGhost.
WordGhost is easily played and enjoyed by all ages. Perfect for holiday parties or a casual Friday night in. It can get pretty competitive, but that's the fun part, right?
Challenge Your Opponent: If a player thinks the opponent that plays directly before them is spelling a fake word, the player can “challenge” them.
To challenge, the player must say the magic words, “I challenge you”. The player who is being challenged must say the word that they are spelling. If they come up with a legitimate word, the player who challenged them loses the round. If they were bluffing and do not have a legitimate word in mind, they lose the round.
- Wild Cards: Serve as any letter the player chooses
- Skip Cards: Allows players to skip their own turn
- “Remove 1” Cards: Player is allowed to remove any letter of their choosing
- “Remove 2” Cards: Player is allowed to remove any 2 letters of their choosing
- Reverse Cards: When this card is played, the order of play is reversed (Ex: switch the order of play from clockwise to counterclockwise)
- Anagram Cards: Player is allowed to rearrange the letters in any order they want (all letters still must be used)
WordGhost is fun, challenging, & educational all at the same time! One of the reasons we at The Word Finder created this game is because we are so passionate about words. We think this game promotes a strong vocabulary, which often starts with reading skills and experience as a child. We are passionate about literacy, so we are donating 10% of first-year profits to Open Books, a nonprofit social venture that provides literacy experiences for tens of thousands of readers each year. Open Books provides thousands of books each week to Chicago schools and other literacy and book granting programs.
Risks and challenges
We like to think this one is pretty risk free for our backers. We've already handmade a prototype of the cards (these are the cards you see in the video). We will run full production of the card game in July 2018. Card games should be ready to ship to all Kickstarter backers by August or September.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)