Meater is the first truly wireless smart meat thermometer. Along with the Meater app, it will help you cook the juiciest steak, chicken, turkey, fish or other meats perfectly every time for every occasion.
We know that not everyone is a master chef, so we designed Meater to allow anyone with any skill level to operate and cook any cut of meat to master chef perfection.
It doesn’t matter how experienced a chef you are or if you've cooked the same steak 100 times before, as it often happens while cooking meat, you can’t help yourself attending to your friends and family first, then watching your cooking second. Usually, by the time you remember to check on your food, it is already too late.
With Meater, when your food has reached the correct internal temperature, you will receive a notification on your smartphone. You can finally break free from the kitchen or grill and have confidence Meater will tell you when your food is ready.
The cost of Meater and 2 store bought steaks is less than the cost of one visit to a high end steak house. Once you own Meater, you can get repeatable, restaurant quality results at home and at a fraction of the cost.
Meater Block will enable Meater Link and Meater Cloud to connect your Meaters to your WiFi network. This allows you to monitor your meat anywhere your smartphone has access to the Internet. Meater Block is the perfect cooking accessory for:
- Homes that need extended wireless range
- Operate Meaters without the use of your smartphone
- Cook everyone's steak the way they like it
Step 1: Turn on Meater and open the Meater app.
Step 2: Select your target cook and place the Meater probe in the meat.
Step 3: Place food in the oven or grill and let Meater monitor the food for you.
Ready: When your meat has reached the target temperature, the Meater app will send you a notification, sound an alarm, and even vibrate.
Problem 1: Forgetting to check your food because you are busy doing other things.
Solution: The Meater app will notify you to get your attention. It'll vibrate, sound an alarm, and even send a notification to your friend to make sure your food is taken care of.
Problem 2: Wires are a huge hassle:
- They can break easily by getting them wet, pinched, or pulled
- You cannot close the grill on them or they will burn
- They can get tangled
- It doesn’t allow you to do a Rotisserie or Sous Vide cooking method
- Inconvenient to clean and store
Solution: Remove the wires! Meater is the very first completely wire-free meat thermometer. All the electronics are inside the Meater probe, eliminating the need for any wires.
Problem 3: You don't know how long it takes to cook your meat which makes it difficult to plan your side dishes or do other tasks.
Solutions: Using the Meater Dual Sensor System, the Meater app will tell you the estimated time your food will be ready so you can manage your time better.
Problem 4: You don't know how high the internal temperature of your meat will increase while resting. This could lead to over cooking your food.
Solution: Using the Meater Dual Sensor System, it can accurately estimate the resting temperature of your food and notify you when to take it off the grill or oven. This way, the internal heat can rise to the correct target temperature and deliver the perfect cook.
Problem 5: Inaccuracy of analog meat thermometers can lead to under and over cooked foods.
Solution: Meater temperature sensors can provide +/- 1°F (+/- 0.5°C) of accuracy. Essential for achieving exact and repeatable cooking results.
Moist chicken, yum!
Super juicy steak, double yum!
Keep the other white meat moist!
Melt in your mouth beef tenderloin roasts cooked to perfection.
You can also use the Meater with Lamb, Fish, Roasts, Burgers, Hotdogs and use multiple Meaters when cooking a large meal.
When the Meater probe is inserted into the food, the meat acts as a heat insulator protecting the Meater electronics from extreme heat. We’ve miniaturized the Meater components, specified them to withstand the highest internal meat temperature and provide a warning to the user should Meater begin to approach its limits.
- Move your food freely without getting tangled with wires
- Finally close your grill or smoker without worrying about wires
- Easier to clean and store
- Go where no other wired thermometer has gone before: Rotisserie and Sous Vide cooking method
- Monitor multiple Meaters using a single device
Meater Dual Sensor System
- Ambient Temperature Sensor: Allows you to monitor the ambient temperature close to your food. Perfect for smoking meats and long BBQ roasts where maintaining the external cooking temperature is extremely important.
- Can estimate your food's finish time so you know when to return to the kitchen or grill
- Can estimate the resting temperature of your food to prevent over cooking
- Convenience: 1 wireless probe contains 2 sensors vs. Using 2 probes to measure internal and external temperature
Meater Link - Extended Wireless Range
Meater Block has built-in WiFi connectivity to act as a WiFi bridge. This gives the Meater probes greater range of connectivity to your smart device. It also enables anyone with the Meater app to receive notifications (just in case you forget).
Meater Cloud - Super Wireless Range Championship Edition Turbo
Connect to Meater Cloud for unlimited wireless range capability. You have access to your cooking status and receive notifications anywhere your smart device has internet connectivity.
- Stainless steel construction
- Water resistant design, dustproof, and easy to clean
- Wireless up to 33 feet (10 meters): Bluetooth LE connection to your smart device (iOS or Android)
- Meater Dual Sensor System
- Internal temperature sensor range: 212°F (100°C)
- Ambient temperature sensor range: 527°F (275°C)
- Rechargeable Battery: Lasts 48 hours or more of continuous cooking between charges
- Stores and charges your Meater probe
- Modern design, made with real wood to match any kitchen or outdoor decor
- Charges your Meater probe up to 100 times using 1x AAA battery
- LED indicator to show charging and pairing status
- Magnetic backing to attach the Charger to any metallic surface like your grill, stove, or refrigerator
- Monitor the internal and ambient temperature of your food in real time
- Select the meat type, cut type, and desired cooking result and the app will automatically set the target temperature
- Receive audible and visual notifications when your food is ready!
- Finish Time: Provides a countdown timer or actual time when the food is expected to reach the target temperature.
- Add custom notifications and timers so you can plan and have total control of your cooking experience
- Enable Meater Link and Meater Cloud
- Available for iOS and Android smart devices
- Stores and charges up to 4 Meater probes allowing you to cook different meats at various temperatures at the same time
- Modern design, made with real wood to match any kitchen or outdoor decor
- Enables Meater Link and Meater Cloud to extend Wireless Range
- With touch capacitive control and a bright OLED display, you don’t need to have your mobile device to cook with the Meater
- Speakers: Provides audible notification when the probes are ready.
- Powered by standard 2x AA batteries allowing wireless usage of the Block. Perfect for placing it anywhere in the kitchen or the backyard grill.
Joseph and Teemu have worked together for 8 years as a dynamic duo for a well known electronics company. Combining their skills and experience in Sales, Product Development and Engineering, they've decided to join their passions and start their own company: Apption Labs.
As avid fans of crowdfunding, cool products and ideas, they look to Kickstarter and the community to help bring Meater to market. They will use the funds raised to pay for tooling, certifications, and actual production costs.
- Together they've launched 40+ electronic products from conception to product release
- Combined 20+ years of developing products for Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Government, and Commercial/Industrial markets
- Experts in Consumer Product Design, Embedded Systems, Connectivity and Audio Video Systems
- Teemu is a connoisseur of Scotch and enjoys medium rare bone-in ribeye steaks (and also makes a killer lobster bisque)
- Joseph enjoys flying RC airplanes, learned how to drink Scotch from Teemu, and almost named his 3 year old rescued pup "Marles Barkley" because he had heavily matted fur
- Engineering - Dauson, Hanro, Loren, Wen Wen, Victor Tsai, Juho Saarela, David Sommerich
- Zach Tarraf - Voice Over Actor - www.zachtarrafvo.com
- Rachel Schreibman - Video Editor
- Ryan Gelber - Music
- Derek Watkins - Lead Actor
- Wen Nivala - Patient and Understanding Wife
- Lauren Miyake - Assistant Director, Patient and Understanding Love of Joseph's Life
- Lam-Tanimoto House - Video Location
- Video Extras - Rebekah, Yeung, Eric, Jeremy, Heather, Troy, Anita, Diran, Stacey and Gunner
- Michael Ruiz - Illustrator
Risiken und Herausforderungen
As a company whose co-founders collectively backed numerous Kickstarter projects, we understand the importance of meeting delivery deadlines without compromising the quality of the product. We've waited until now to introduce the Meater to the world because we wanted to reduce the number of risks and challenges faced during development. We are now in the late stages of the project and ready to move forward with finalizing the product and get to mass production.Näheres zur Rechenschaftspflicht auf Kickstarter
- (30 Tage)