A game of Thieving, because there's only so much Gold to go around and you either want it all or want your friends to have none too
A card game where you take the good cards, give the bad cards, and do anything possible to keep your opponents from winning... even if that means giving up your own chance at victory! By the end of the game you generally want to have more cards than any remaining opponents because greed is what this game is all about! Oh yeah, and before I forget, cheating is very much encouraged~
Super easy to play, tons of strategic possibilities, or you can self destruct and take everyone else with you!
Three main card types:
Play To Use cards let you thieve from one and all, for gain or just for the fun of it.
Play When Taken cards are a trap waiting to spring on your greedy competitors!
Do Not Play cards have all kinds of side effects that will change your strategy... mostly bad ones though, I mean this isn't a game of good intentions~
One main goal:
When it's your turn you choose between drawing a card, playing a card, or activating a card that was either taken from you or already in play. Do whatever it takes to get some gold, get more cards than everyone else, and wipe out an opponent to end the game and seal your victory
One less optimistic goal:
Say you're not going to win, well then either take someone down before anyone is ready to win, or just wipe yourself out for mutually assured destruction!!
What you get
All backers who donate $25 or more receive the following:
- The Game: 50 game cards, 8 tracking cards, a rulebook, and a convenient box that holds it all together!
- The Kickstarter Exclusive: Four copies of Gold Fever, a card that lets you grow your hand as a free action, very much a game changer
The First 500 backers at $25 or more also get:
- A copy of the Limited Exclusive Special Card: True Supporter, that allows you to win the game by running out of cards first completely changing how your opponents play around you
Backers who feel especially giving and donate $30 or more get:
- A special thank you in the rules. You're giving more than you need to and I really do appreciate it so I figured I do this small gesture in return
Anyone who donates $50 or more gets what I hope could be something great:
- An invitation to contribute to a game currently in development called Villains Beware. This is a game of heroes and monsters where anyone can submit their own unique character to be included, but by giving so much I guarantee to include your character in the main deck as long as it is not deemed offensive. This game will likely be the third or fourth game produced by Stray Joker Innovations in hopes that by the time it is ready there will be a large community full of contributors that will make it into something bigger than all the ideas before it.
At $100 or more I'm not sure what to do, you must like this game a crazy amount or know one of the creators personally so for your fervor you get:
- A super special, hard to miss, thank you on the game box. That way any passers by can see it, you can use it to impress or woo anybody who may or may not be impressed or wooed by such a thing (hey, I won't judge), and finally you will know not just my thanks but the thanks of everyone who enjoys the game for it was your giving nature that got them their copies too
Last, but the very opposite of least, at kingly sum of $250 one person will receive on top of all the other goodies including the True Supporter card:
- An additional, special, Makers Edition of the game. One of only 10 copies being made, the only other people getting copies are the creator and artist behind the game. I'm not sure if anyone will take us up on the offer but if by some miracle this turns into something crazy successful it could become quite the collectible.
Risks and challenges
Any possible delays in production or shipping will lead to delays to you, but you will be kept up to date and any contact made with concerns will be replied when able. Quality Checks and keeping in contact with everyone involved will reduce risks but they can still happen and at worst your copy of the game may arrive later as a result.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (59 days)