Get your raw and vegan chocolate to you via this Kickstarter project
CocoCaravan, to some, already known as makers of the most amazing raw and vegan chocolate.
Our chocolate might look like your normal block or bar of chocolate, but with it's surprisingly dark and rich chocolate flavour and full bodied character it is in a league of its own. Our signature vegan caramel that we've added to a line of our chocolate bars has delighted our foodie fans.
We're all about loving to share and to make more people happy with this chocolate. And sharing is what we love to do. That's how we started and that is how we intend to continue.
What people have said:
- Abby - Totnes: 'This is the most amazing chocolate ever'
- Kara - Cardiff: 'Life changing Devine'
- Danielle - London: 'By far the best raw chocolate bar on earth'
- Natural Elixir - 'Truly scrumptions'
- Richard - Cardiff: 'man, your chocolate is absolutely amazing' (repeated it 4 times)
What we would like to do
Through this Kickstarter project we would like to raise funds and do a few things to further grow:
- We already use only vegan, only fair-trade and only organic ingredients. But now we need to rubber stamp that on our packaging. And that costs money. Our first goal will be to achieve this accreditation yardstick.
- At the moment we stock 15 different shops and we would like to create a transportation-friendly display for them. We want to do this using recycled materials whilst printing and cutting is done locally. So our second goal in this kickstarter project is to have the design and making of our display packaging set up.
- Now here is where it get really interesting, and where we need quite a bit more funds for it, but, we'd like to set up a larger space to make more chocolate and hold chocolate events and chocolate workshops. To invite people to come and enjoy, share and most of all be happy. The aim is also to make a chocolate kitchen mobile, so we can bring it to festivals, parties and people's homes.
We would also open the space for other cool foodie events with a focus on raw and vegan food. At the moment we are making all our Chocolate in our efficient yet cosy domestic kitchen. So to make our dream come true, what do we need in this space:
- We are looking at a few shop spaces and would like convert them into a chocolate studio. In this great space we'll install working benches.
- Currently we are tempering everything by hand, but we would like to purchase two small tempering machines. Working with raw chocolate and liquid sweeteners is tricky. While working on my own in the chocolate kitchen it is easy, but working with groups makes it challenging. The tempering machines will help to keep the chocolate in temper, and will allow us to talk and work with out it setting to fast.
Risks and challenges
Our chocolate making and wrapping is already running smoothly, in 2014 we made about 15,000 chocolate bars and we stock 15 stores already.
So your rewards are already being made.
The setting up of the workshop studio will involve a few challenges, we need to secure the right space first, but we are on the right track. Even if we can't find it at first we will be able set up a mobile version and bring the workshop to the people from our current works space in Cardiff. In fact we love to be mobile and bring this event out to interested parties as often as we can.
Our founder Jacques Cöp has a long history in cooking, chocolate making and as a ecologist has got over 10 years of experience in project management. Currently he is engaged with the project full time and is making tracks in the raw and vegan chocolate world.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)