The long wait is finally over: With the Early Access Update 7 of Shadowrun Online we return with a MAJOR overhaul of the game that brings us much closer to the final state. We have been busy adding Friends, direct Co-Op, a World Map and the first prototype of real-time Hubs (where Fixers and Johnsons hang out) to the game. We’ve also done a massive rework of skills, visuals, team size and all that in a big chunk of ALL NEW missions.
As you will be able to play a slice of our second act, every character gets Karma points and weapons to start out with. Be sure to learn a few skills and equip the appropriate weapons BEFORE going into a mission!
- Increased Party Size: Depending on the run you will now be able to select up to three henchmen who will accompany your character.
- Co-Op with a friend: No need to play coop with random people anymore! Add fellow runners to your friend’s list and invite them to experience the story of Shadowrun Online together! (Please note: You will need friends in your friends list in order to play co-op missions)
- Skill trees: Spend Karma in eight different skill groups - Conjuring, Spellcasting, Blades, Blunt, Pistols, Shotguns, Automatics and Hacking. Please note that the skills in these groups are only available up to Rank 5 for now. There will be more ranks in later versions of the game as well as a ninth tree for Rigging.
- Skill rework: All skills have been revisited, some old ones removed and lots of new abilities were added!
- Summoning: Skilling in the Conjuring Tree will allow you to summon a bear spirit, the first summon available in Shadowrun Online!
- Non-combat skills: Hack security consoles, break open doors, unlock gates and talk to people (or harvest their organs).
- New Missions: Experience a slice of the second Act of our Campaign.
- Map of Boston: Where will the next run take you? Just take a look at our map of Boston!
- New Metatype: Dwarves are now available as a playable character Shadowrun Online!
- Improved Models: The old character models have been replaced with new high-res ones
- Updated User Interface: The in-mission-UI has been overhauled with a new look and improved usability.
- Fog of War: Parts of the map you haven’t seen yet will be hidden and enemies you currently can’t see will not be shown. In return, if the enemies can’t see you, they might not know you are there either …
- Hub Prototype: Enter the hub in order to get hired for new runs or report your successes. Please note that this is just a placeholder and only available in solo play.
- Dress for success: New items for the character customization screen are now available
- Character Comments: Your characters will now comment on certain situations within a mission.
Be sure to check out the new version and tell us what you think on www.shadowrun.com or on the Steam Forums!
See you in the shadows, Chummers!