as many of you hopefully already have realized, the INFECTED! add-on has been released last week.
Everyone who's pledge included the first add-on will find the new content unlocked automatically. You do NOT need the Steam DLC to get it, so Steam won't show you this as installed, since it is coming from our internal coupon system and has been added to your tier's coupon code.
The add-on features a fanatic technomancer cult and a famous runner group as competition alongside new skills and gear, so if you haven't already checked it out, do so now :).
Next week we are going to tidy up a few things in the add-on based on your feedback and sit together to map out the next update for the game. Exciting times!
Talking about exciting: The first prototype prints of 3 of the minis has come back to our friends at Prodos and we have to give kudos for they have turned out absolutely beautiful!
These are 3d print prototypes to create the moulds from and we are very pleased to see them finally becoming reality! Just look at the details like the Jaguar Guards shoulder pad or the bullet holes in the troll's armour :)
So that's our update for today. If you play on Steam and want to give the game a review, that would also be appreciated and help our rating, which helps our sales and alows us to continue making more Shadowrun.
October is here and we plan to release the new add-on for SRC innocently named INFECTED! at the end of the month.
There is new content and we expanded and adjusted the skill trees and weapon flavors, so I am sure we added some terrible exploits, nerfed some great combos and in general made a mess of things. So we need help from some real pros...you guys.
We will announce the Beta Test here when it commences, but want to start next week.
So how do I get into the Beta?
If you want to join the Beta Test it is really easy - all of our Early Access AND Kickstarter backers already have access to a beta channel on Steam (you received the password for that way back before release and the channel can szill be activated from you Library by right clikcing on the game and selecting Properties/Betas and activating the beta channel from the drop down menu.
Now you can already experiment with our new skill trees, but you will need the add-on to actually test the new content, upgraded weapons and gear - we will put the first four new missions and all into the Beta. If you own a Deluxe version or are a Backer Runner's Apprentice Level or above (50$+), you will automatically get the new content unlocked. If you are not, you will need to hitch a ride with another team for the time being or buy a Deluxe upgrade to the game.
How can I give feedback?
Well, if it is a bug report, we would love to get a description (alongside a screenshot or in case of technical issue the output_log.txt from your game folder), so please send bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have general balancing remarks, suggestions and balancing discussions, pleas put them in the FEEDBACK FOR THE BETA forum and not in the General thread.
We will have more news when the Beta commences.
Thanks for your help and we will see you in the shadows, Chummers.
thanks to everyone who answered our survey up to now and sorry for not communicating clearly enough that this was just to help us get a picture of where people stand as opposed to you actually forgoing your backer rewards.
From the over two third of backers who answered almost half of you were willing to swap some physical for digital rewards. That is a GREAT show of support from you guys after all we have put you through and just again goes to show that you are the best.
As there s no clear preference for any item versus another, we have done a new calculation that includes producing every item but with smaller numbers, which of course means more money for development but it also means something else, which I am sure is good news for many of you:
After we have sent out the recent updates we have been contacted by the good folks at Prodos (http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/), who have offered to help us with the mini and promised a good price...much below the quotes we had gotten previously. And you know what: They were absolutely right and (extremely helpful and flexible)! As we assume we will save some money from the above reduced amount of physical swag and we assume some more money can be raised by adding a swag shop, as some backers said they would gladly pay a little extra if they could still get all their swag, we are happy to announce:The minis are back in! (Fanfare, little dance of joy) IF the survey results are in line with your actual decision down the line, that is. So here is a 3d mock-up of one of our 4 minis.
Now how and when are we going to finally get the physcal swag?
So here is the plan:
1) We will set up a "store", which will allow backers to add extra donations or even pre-order additional swag (Christmas IS coming) as well as exchange some stuff for digital rewards.
2) We will actually open this to the public and SR fans out there, so they can also pre-order things (though at a higher price point than our backers to account for the increased cost of shipping, packing and goods since we started this)
3) Once we have those pre-orders complete, we will start producing the physical rewards - in the case of the minis we will pre-order a certain amount, as they will take until early next year already to be created and shipped.
4) Depending on the production pipelines and cost, we will ship rewards out as a bundle. However since most of the stuff is probably shippable before Christmas, we may try add an option for people to purchase "express shipment" for everything that can be shipped until mid-December to be put into a separate package (basically that increases the price of picking and packing and also cost shipment twice), if that is feasible and the software we are using can handle splitting orders.
5) Now the above calculation rests on two things: People actually skipping some of their physical rewards or donating a little extra for them and us making some money from the non-backer swag store. Which I hope we will. Otherwise we will again have screwed ourselves development budget wise by trying to get the minis back in...but they were one of the most wanted items and we so love them.
So fingers crossed that our karma turns our a little better for once and that we manage to pull this off.
I will keep you all updated, of course, as soon as we have more intel on this.
In other news
Meanwhile, if you are interested, this week should see the release of our Jagged Alliance Online pay to play version on the 24th, named Jagged Alliance Online: Reloaded. It is the game our Kickstarter Shadowrun demo was based on and we now finally have gotten the rights to the technology back completely (it was work for hire project back then).
Subsequently we have taken out the grindy free to play mechanics (the game still has some grind, but now it is optional), added a bit of extra content and re-balanced the economy to make progression faster and more fun. It has a weather/lighting based perception system including hearing and stealth, detailed recoil and aiming mechanics and a bunch of other stuff that makes it a nice game, even though the visuals have aged a little. Now this is NOT Jagged Alliance 2 and by far not a perfect game, but you get 60+ hours of mission gameplay and a cool PvP mode for less than 8 bucks during launch week and it is well worth the money, I would think.
Feel free to check it out on Steam, Humble Store or Green Man Gaming!