About this project
12/22/12 - THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT THUS FAR!!!
As we're counting down the last 44 hours of our project, we are so amazed by how far we've come in the past 17 days! Having been able to raise $22,500 in that short amount of time is awesome!!!
We know that your support has been paramount, and we want to thank you for the support and make sure that we all keep doing everything that we can to spread the word!
We know that getting your own Brick Oven Box is motivation enough, however, as an additional incentive, if we are able to exceed our goal of $25,000 in the next 44 hours, everyone that pledges (or has already pledged) for a reward of $99 or more will also receive a BakerStone Oven Mitt with their reward!
Please continue to spread the word by posting the following link on facebook, twitter, blogs, forums, emails, etc and make sure to add your own personal message about why you love The Brick Oven Box Project:
Also, don't forget to show and tell your friends and family about The Brick Oven Box over the Holiday Weekend!
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!
12/21/12 - Hooray!!! The world is still here! We're so relieved...we couldn't bear the thought of not being able to make pizzas in The Brick Oven Box ever again!
Only 70 hours left (2.91 days to be exact) for The Brick Oven Box Project to reach our $25,000 goal...
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR BACKERS THAT HAVE SUPPORTED US SO FAR!!!
Congratulations for choosing to think inside the box!!!
We are working non-stop to spread the word about The Brick Oven Box Project and need your help to continue spreading the word. Please share the following link with everyone you know through email, facebook, twitter, forums, blogs, etc!
A big thank you Danio for introducing us to the Kickingitforward.org movement! This falls right in line with our "If we don't help each other, who will?" philosophy! We're already actively backing other projects and will continue to keep the movement going. Check out kickingitforward.org to find other like-minded individuals and projects.
Thank you again for all of your support!!!
12/18/12 - The Brick Oven Box Project just got featured on PRWEB today!!!
Check out The Release and share it with the world... Keep following our project and The BakerStone Team as we charge into the new year!!!
And for all of you holiday shoppers out there...
'Tis the season, if you are looking for that one of a kind gift this holiday, give the gift of pizza!!! The Brick Oven Box is a perfect gift for that pizza loving backyard chef on your list this year!!!
DudeIWantThat.com contacted us to let us know that they featured The Brick Oven Box in a review yesterday, and it appears that they love it as much as we do!
Please go check it out and share it so we can keep spreading the word!
Welcome to The Brick Oven Box Project.
Let us show you how to think inside the box.
The Brick Oven Box enables you to transform your gas grill into a Brick Oven, Deck Pizza Oven or Convection Oven.
WHAT IS THE BRICK OVEN BOX?
In technical jargon, The Brick Oven Box is a refractory baking chamber with an external baffle to capture and redirect escaping heat...blah, blah, blah. We currently have a patent pending on The Brick Oven Box and it's full of overly technical descriptions like that.
In our own words, The Brick Oven Box is a pizza stone's bigger, stronger and faster brother.
For thousands of years, man has been harnessing the power of fire and refractory materials in the form of wood-fired brick ovens. In recent times, we have transformed that power into several types of commercial and home ovens, though a home oven typically lacks a hearth to bake upon.
One of best ways to achieve the superior bake quality that comes from the hearth of a wood-fired brick oven at home is to use a pizza stone in a home oven or on a grill.
In terms of making pizza, this produces an excellent bake quality for the bottom of the crust, however, the top and edges of the pizza typically lack the browning and even melting that a deck pizza oven or wood-fired brick oven produces.
The Brick Oven Box changes that. It creates an efficient baking chamber that ensures an even bake on the top and bottom of the pizza, producing pizzeria quality pizzas every time.
With The Brick Oven Box, you will be able to use your gas grill to:
- Bake Pizzeria Quality Pizzas in 3 to 6 minutes! *
- Bake Neapolitan Style Pizzas in around 90 seconds! *
- Bake Delicious Treats just as you would in your home oven!
- Produce Perfectly Seared Steaks like a high-end steakhouse! *
EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS (subject to change based upon final design):
TOTAL WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS - L: 17" - W: 23" - H: 5" - Weight: 29 lbs
DIMENSIONS OF EACH COMPONENT:
- The Stone (Top & Base) - L: 16" - W: 16" - H: 4" - Weight: 24 lbs
- Stone Top - L: 16" - W: 16" - H: 4" - Weight: 14 lbs
- Stone Base - L: 14" - W: 16" - H: 5/8" - Weight: 10 lbs
- The Hood - L: 17" - W: 23" - H: 5" - Weight: 5 lbs
INTERNAL DIMENSIONS (subject to change based upon final design):
- Hearth Baking Area - L: 14" - W: 15 1/8" - H: 2 3/4"
- Dish/Sheet Baking Area - L: 15 1/4" - W: 15 1/8" - H: 2 3/4"
Temperature Range - 200 F to 1,000 F
- Setup takes less than 30 seconds as The Brick Oven Box is comprised of only 3 pieces.
- Reach temperatures in the 500 F to 700 F range in 15 to 20 minutes and temperatures of 700 F to 900 F in 25 to 30 minutes (varies by grill and external temperatures).
- Bake your favorite style of pizza right at home.
- Provide an excellent source of entertainment for your family and friends.
- Easily transport The Brick Oven Box anywhere you can take a gas grill. Bake pizzeria quality pizzas, steakhouse quality steaks or freshly baked treats while you're at a picnic, camping or tailgating!
- While it is most effective when used on a gas grill, The Brick Oven Box can be used on charcoal grills or in a home oven to improve the overall bake quality of pizzas, breads, baked goods, etc.
- The Stone Base of The Brick Oven Box can be used on its own as a high quality pizza stone.
The Brick Oven Box enables you to:
- Bake Pizzeria Quality Pizzas in 3 to 6 minutes & Neapolitan Style Pizzas in 60 to 90 seconds!
- Bake Delicious Treats just as you would in your home oven!
- Produce Perfectly Seared Steaks like a high-end steakhouse!
Your support will help us to take our project from prototype to production and fulfill the first production run of The Brick Oven Box. Our $25,000 goal will cover the costs of the tooling and die, initial setup fees, our first production run, and pay for all packaging, shipping and fulfillment costs for our Rewards for our Supporters. It will also get The Brick Oven Box onto grills everywhere!
The rewards for your generosity range from a simple "Thank You" on our website to an all-inclusive package that gives you everything you'll need to start producing pizzeria quality pizzas on your gas grill. If you can't make up your mind regarding which reward you want, or want to pledge for more than one reward, simply pledge the full amount that you want to pledge in a single pledge and send us a message to let us know how much you pledged and what rewards you would like.
While we designed The Brick Oven Box to be as safe and easy to use as possible, it is a product that is intended to be used upon a gas grill, and therefore poses certain risks, both apparent and implied. As The Brick Oven Box is capable of reaching extremely hot temperatures, please exercise extreme caution when using and handling The Brick Oven Box. This includes using grill mitts/gloves when touching the controls of your grill, moving or adjusting The Brick Oven Box, or while placing, tending to and removing your pizza or other items to be baked in The Brick Oven Box. If you choose The Brick Oven Box as a reward, it will come with an instruction manual; please read the manual in its entirety prior to using The Brick Oven Box.
The prototype used in the video and photos is a fully functional and tested prototype, but the details & dimensions that are shown are subject to change in the final production design based upon functionality and manufacturing efficiencies.
* The exact pizza cooking times and abillity to produce Neapolitan Style Pizza in around 90 seconds or Perfectly Seared Steaks may vary based upon the specifications of your grill, including BTU rating, grill dimensions, gauge of steel used in construction, etc, as well as environmental factors including external temperature, high winds, etc.
As indicated in our rewards, we are including shipping within the US for the 48 Continental states, but backers in Alaska, Hawaii, and outside the US will be responsible for the shipping charges, as well as any applicable tariffs and customs fees. We would love for everyone in the world to Think Inside The Box, so feel free to contact us for a quote on the cost of shipping to you.
THE THANK YOU
We want to start out by saying thank you to Kickstarter for making this opportunity possible and thank you to the Kickstarter community for being here and taking the time to check out our project. A big thank you goes out to all of the people that have guided and will continue to guide us along this journey. We also want to thank Armando Pina of Pineapple Productions for helping us create our video, and of course, all of our family and friends that have been so supportive along the way. Here's to hoping that we can make The Brick Oven Box Project a success together!
I was introduced to Kickstarter when I met an individual that had successfully funded a project through Kickstarter. When I met Mason Rinehart and learned about what Kickstarter and the Kickstarter Community were able to help him to do with his project, I knew that I had to see what the Kickstarter Community would think of The Brick Oven Box, and thus, The Brick Oven Box Project was born. I am extremely grateful for having met Mason and for the insight and guidance that he has shared throughout the journey of developing my project. Mason's insight and excellent feedback has helped me to hopefully create a project that will be well received by the Kickstarter Community. So, A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Mason Rinehart!
Mason and the Sketchy Design Studio team are the visionary designers behind Andromeda Tactical Lighting. If you haven't seen their project, then you definitely need to check it out. Their funding ended on August 26th, 2012 and they are currently fulfilling their rewards:
A very special thank you goes out to Attribution Theory (Check out their work at SoundCloud) for the music behind our videos; they wouldn't be the same without your work!
The goal of The Brick Oven Box Project is to take The Brick Oven Box from prototype to production, and give others the ability to create their own pizzeria quality pizzas at home while enjoying great times with their family and friends.
We created and built the prototype shown in the demonstration video and photos ourselves, and have been working with a local, Los Angeles based manufacturer to produce The Stone portion of The Brick Oven Box. The manufacturer that we are working with has specialized in producing the highest quality ceramic and refractory products for nearly 70 years now. They have assisted us in insuring that our design will be extremely efficient in regards to manufacturing and will produce the pizzeria quality pizzas that we expect. They are ready and waiting to help us fulfill our first production run.
For The Hood portion of The Brick Oven Box, we are also working with a Los Angeles based manufacturer that has a longstanding history in producing high quality metal components for a variety of industries. We were recommended to this company through the network of trusted advisors that I have developed while working as a business banker.
We also have a close friend that is a 25 year veteran of the packaging and shipping industry on stand-by. He is ready to provide us with everything that we need to insure that each and every Brick Oven Box gets safely delivered to our supporters.
Having worked in Business Banking for the past 4 years, I have been fortunate enough to gain exposure to, and build relationships with, a large network of individuals and trusted advisors that specialize in a variety of different fields. Due to these relationships, I have been able to learn from and work with individuals that specialize in each area of the product development, manufacturing, packaging, fulfillment, and distribution process, and have been able to turn to them for guidance throughout our project. I have spent a large amount of time learning from their past successes and failures, and have used that knowledge, combined with their guidance to devise the best course of action to bring my project to life. I have also been able to identify and address the impending obstacles and challenges before they became stumbling blocks, and am continuously looking ahead to ensure that when life throws us a curve ball, we're ready.
Nishan has been working in the fields of brand development and advertising for almost 5 years. One of his most successful clients is now a leading manufacturer of pellet-fueled barbeque grills. He has gained a great deal of knowledge regarding the barbeque industry and manufacturing process through his experience with this client over the past few years. We have been able to use his expertise to assist in developing our brand, our product and our project
Risks and challenges
If we are fortunate enough to reach our funding goal, then we are more than ready to meet and hopefully exceed our Estimated Delivery Date of mid to late April, 2013. However, as Burns, and in-turn, Steinbeck wrote, “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.”
Knowing this, we have spent countless hours researching several manufacturing, component supplier, distribution, and shipping options.
We feel that we have everything in place to set our first production-run in motion, but we'll let you decide that for yourself; here's the plan once we've successfully funded:
1) The first thing we'll do (after the happy dance of course!) is send a THANK-YOU-FROM-THE-BOTTOM-OF-OUR-HEARTS message to each and every one of our supporters to thank them for their support and congratulate them for their role in making The Brick Oven Box Project a success.
2) Next, we'll GET DOWN TO BUSINESS! We will compile a database of all of our Supporters and the Rewards that they earned, determine the quantity levels of each component to be ordered, and place the appropriate orders with our suppliers. We currently have at least 2 suppliers lined up for each component of our project; you may call that redundant, we call it knowing that life throws you curve balls from time to time.
3) Once we have the wheels-in-motion on our components, we'll get busy creating the personalized Commemorative Pizza Peel images for the Peels of Our Pledges Page (say that 10 times fast!) as well as the personalized art files for our physical Commemorative Pizza Peels.
4) Finally, once we've received our components, we'll have a Pick n Pack party (aka, you help us put the pieces in the box and we'll compensate you in pizza, wine & beer) and begin the shipping process. We are currently considering either doing this ourselves or contracting a 3PL (3rd Party Logistics / Fulfillment Center) company to handle the entire packaging and shipping process. So far it looks like the 3PL is going to win in terms of cost efficiency and ensuring a smooth process for our Reward Fulfillment. You believe in us so we feel it's only right to get you your reward as quickly and efficiently as possible!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We know that there are backers that would like to pledge for multiples of The Brick Oven Box, perhaps to give as gifts, etc.
While we can not offer multiples as a specific reward package, if you are certain that you would like multiple rewards, you can create a single pledge for the total amount of all of the rewards that you would like, and then send us a message to let us know which rewards you want to receive.
Will you include your recipes with the rewards? Will there be a forum for us to use to share our experiences with The Brick Oven Box?
Of course! Good food is meant to be shared!
Any reward that includes The Brick Oven Box ($99+ rewards) will receive an instruction manual with recipes for dough, pizzas, etc
We are also planning to add a recipes section to our website which will include demo videos and recipes for The Brick Oven Box as well as a Forum so we can all share our experiences and recipes.
Shipping charges vary by country, so please send us a message with your address to find out how much your shipping would be.
Support this project
- (19 days)