About this project
My name is Ime Etim and I am a playing card designer and entrepreneur. I am originally from Missouri. I've lived all over the USA but reside in Wisconsin now. Let me say, It is my goal to create and promote All-Things-Whot! I fell in love with the Whot! card game after being introduced to it by my cousin and business partner in late 2010. In early 2011, I took a trip to West Africa. While in West Africa, I noticed how passionate the locals were about playing the card game Whot! Upon returning to the USA, I realized that Whot! or any variant of the game was not found in the U.S. My cousin and I are avid gamers, share a true love for the Whot! card game, and have decided to promote the game here in the U.S. and throughout the World. Late this Year we started out by developing our own unique FREE version of Whot! on iOS, Android, and Facebook through a sister company nKanika Inc.
My goal with Mitee Games Inc. is to economically produce the physical version of the card game with a set of non-standard cards in five suits: circles, crosses, triangles, stars and squares with unique allien mascots and a rule set that makes playing Whot! easy to learn but offers players plenty of twists and surprises that will make it one of the most popular card games in the U.S. and throughout the world.
Packaging layout for Standard Whot! Card Game Deck:
Prototype Mitee Games Whot! Card Game Box:
Prototype Mitee Games Whot! Game Cards:
Mitee Games Whot! T-Shirt (Front & Back views)
Mitee Games T-Shirt (Front View)
What Funding is this project seeking?
Mitee Games is asking for $5,500 in funding to manufacture the physical card game version (standard and special edition) of Whot!
How do you play Whot!?
Mitee Games Whot! Card Game is played with a set of non-standard cards in five suits: circles, crosses, triangles, stars and squares. The game is dynamic, fast-paced and an exciting card game for all ages. It is a shedding game similar to Crazy Eights and UNO. Get rid of all your cards first and score points for the cards you play. The first player who gets rid of all their cards wins. WHOT! is easy to learn but offers players plenty of twists and surprises that will make it one of the most popular card games in the world.
The Possible Card Plays in Mitee Games Whot! are as follows:
- Card #1: "Skip" - Playing this card causes the next player to miss a turn, and the next player in line gets to play.
- Card #2: "Pick 2" - The next player must either play another two within the time limit, or draw at least two cards from the stock as a penalty, the penalty accumulates with each successful turn.
- Card #5: "Pick 3" - The next player must either play another five within the time limit, or draw at least three cards from the stock as a penalty; the penalty accumulates with each successful turn.
- Card #8: "Hold" - The player who plays this card skips over all other players, and gets to play again
- Card #9: "Reverse" - Playing this card reverses the direction of play
- Card #14: "General Market" - Playing this card causes everyone but the player to get dealt an additional card. The player gets another turn.
- Whot! Card: "Whot!" - This card lets the user change the current suit to another suit (symbol) card. The next card played must be a card of the named suit or another “Whot!” card.
Special Edition Whot! Card Box:
What will you do with any extra funds?
We will use all extra funds to aggressively advertise, market, and grow the Whot! card game in the U.S. and world wide. My greatest passion is playing, making, and promoting ALL-THINGS-WHOT!
Support this project
- (60 days)