How many times have you had that day? That day where you just hate your job. It could be the day that a customer yells at you for not giving in to their outrageous demands, or the day where your boss gets on to you for something completely out of your control. Maybe you’re just frustrated and bored at work. Well suffer no more, because now there’s I Hate My Job.
I Hate My Job is the first iOS and Android game, and first video game, period, made by Devious Gamers, where you play as one of a number of playable characters at SaveLess. The base objective of the game is to get the highest score possible, throwing the customer’s purchases right back at them. Avoid hitting other employees and your score will climb, your throwing speed will increase, and you’ll begin to build up a Rage Meter for a burst of rapid fire grocery carnage.
- Hit customers for points and more time.
- Hit employees... lose points and lose time.
- Get combos for increased speed.
- Get a bunch of points and RAGE OUT!!!
Time to take care of the customer!
I Hate My Job is one of the first mobile games developed in Unreal Engine 4, which has allowed us to have a much higher production quality than previously possible in other engines. The character physically picks up and throws each object. No shortcuts, no teleporting objects, just a naturally immersive look. We’ve benefited greatly from the engine’s Blueprints functionality. Blueprints are a new means of scripting with a visual medium, meaning that people with no previous experience in video game development, like each of us here at Devious Gamers, can bring our ideas to life without having to know programming languages. With a desire to learn and a lot of hard work, we were able to get as far as we have in just seven months.
Devious Gamers began as an online guild network across a small number of MMOs, who’s members wanted to do something more. Seeing an opportunity, they created Devious Gamers LLC in June of 2014 with the dream of building the first all in one games company. From game development, to news, reviews, social media, and more. The people behind Devious Gamers think big, but at the same time want to always remain privately owned to ensure that the quality of everything they do is never compromised, and so that they never lose their connection to gamers.
It's time for you to leave, sir.
I Hate My Job is the first step in that mission. With your help we can make this the most addicting game on mobile. The gameplay itself is simple:
- Tilt your phone left and right to aim.
- When you take aim at a customer and the reticle turns green, tap the screen to throw an item.
- You can also hold your thumb on the screen to power up for a Charge Shot, giving you more points.
- Alternatively, you can change the settings so that you can slide your thumb on the left side of the screen to aim and tap the screen with your right thumb to throw.
Avoid the other employees, who will be indicated by the reticle turning red, and your score will keep going up. Once you reach a threshold you'll be able to enter Rage Mode. In Rage Mode every throw is a Charge Shot, letting you go all out on the customers for an explosive boost to your score.
Unleash brutal Rage Outs!
The final version of I Hate My Job will feature an episodic story told in five hilarious installments that will be released in the months following the launch of the game. There will also be an endless Arcade mode, where the higher you keep your score the longer the game will last and the harder it will be to keep up with the clock; and a fun multiplayer mode where you can try to top your friends.
We've spent thousands of hours carefully crafting the game's design, art style, sound design, and sense of humor to provide the most fun to be had on a mobile device. But without your help we won't be able to make it the experience it was meant to be.
Live, in-game menus will keep you immersed.
So, what do we plan on doing with the money we earn here?
- Multiplayer Servers. Purchase servers for multiplayer. We are looking at $2000+ just to get it setup, and potentially more for hiring assistance in stabilizing and perfecting the functionality.
- New Content. The more funding we receive, the more we are able to temporarily forego petty things like earning money, and focus our entire efforts on maximizing the content. We will be able to design many more levels and characters with your support, and for your entertainment.
- Pay the bills. That's right. Using top-of-the-line programs like Maya, Photoshop, Unreal Engine 4, and Logic, means our pockets are empty. We've barely made it this far, and there are naturally new expenses that will arise from prepping launching the game.
- Marketing. With a game to release, not only will we need to continue coughing up the dough for production, we need go through proper marketing channels to make sure this game that we've spent thousands of hours on, and the game that YOU have spent precious money backing, sees the light of day.
In order to make backing I Hate My Job worth your while, we have a number of rewards on offer. More than that, we have a number of stretch goals that we would like to achieve, and we think you'll like what we'll do with the support you bring us.
If we can reach just $4000, we will be able to add more playable characters and levels beyond those we already have planned.
$6000 will let us double the multiplayer action you'll get, meaning much more fun to be had challenging your friends to see who will come out on top.
On top of our $4000 goal where we will add more levels, with $8000 we will be able to add even MORE locations and content to the I Hate My Job levels and multiplayer.
If you help us get to $10,000, we'll work our tails off to make a Steam version of I Hate My Job!
If by some quirk of fate you back us to $20,000, we'll really go the extra mile and develop Playstation and Xbox versions of the game and have them out to you as soon as humanly possible!
Who knows how far we can go? One thing is for sure though, the more backers we get the more content and characters we can add to make the game better. We can always add more stretch goals too so if we're getting close to $30,000, we'll add more!
Please check us out elsewhere on the internet at:
We look forward to creating a lot of awesome and fun content with you! But remember: while you can't condone assaulting customers while you're on the clock, you can always live out all of your grocery throwing fantasies with I Hate My Job on iOS and Android. Take care of the customer the way you've always wanted to.
Risks and challenges
There are still hurdles that we will have to overcome to make I Hate My Job a success. As with any game there is the possibility of delay for many reasons, the biggest being paying the bills. If we don't secure enough funding through launch, we won't be able to finish some of the most important features. Without advertising, it will be very difficult to get the word out about our game.
After we are successfully funded, we would only have a production delay if there was a serious quality-related issue.
If there are any problems receiving rewards at any point, please contact us at email@example.comLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)