This remarkable New Testament is a dynamic 26-hour "Videobook" that you watch, read, and hear all at once in the palm of your hand.
Video Bible Production:
Over ten years in the making and as long as thirteen films, the 26-hour WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE is the first professional production of the entire New Testament ever made. History’s all-time best-seller is now a dynamic “videobook”—to make Bible-reading effortless and compelling to transform lives in a media age. The production includes all 27 books of the New Testament word for word, from Matthew’s Gospel through The Book of Revelation.
There is nothing quite like the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE. You literally Watch the Word as it leaps from Gutenberg print to 21st century digital video. But unlike a movie, WATCHWORD is a videobook that you watch, read, and hear all at once...
- Thousands of on-location scenes from Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Greece and Italy provide context.
- The words are presented on-screen by whole thoughts and natural phrases with 80,000 individually-designed graphics to improve comprehension.
- A world-class, single-voice narration is carefully paced in 20,000 places for perfect synch as you read.
- The production is underscored with 130 original music compositions written scene by scene to enhance the experience.
- Tens of thousands of sound effects and myriad video effects help give the production an immediate, yet timeless quality.
With limited means of distribution, we’ve also sold over 500,000 DVDs—pretty amazing for an independent producer. One title, THE BOOK OF REVELATION, won two top awards at a secular Film Festival in Madison Square Garden in NYC. It has over 500 scenes, some of them with a hundred layers of video and multiple special effects on each layer. But all this work helps make reading the Bible compelling and easy for a media generation. Plus, it’s almost impossible to miss what is being said. The various elements engage your attention and increase your comprehension. In addition, you remember only 10% of what you read in print, but up to 50% of what you see and hear.
Video Bible App:
At the start of production, I told our team I thought the ultimate best use of our work would someday be on handheld players. We were making God’s word easy to read on video—but being handheld would make it convenient for daily use. Now, Version 1.0 of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE iPhone app is available in the Apple App Store. It’s free to install and comes with ten sample video chapters to download. The individual videobooks are available for in-app purchase, as well as the entire 26-hour Video Bible New Testament, which enables downloading of all 27 books, chapter by chapter.
However, there are two basic problems. The encoded video files are huge and the 260 chapters of the New Testament are 10 Gigabytes when downloaded! And it’s only native for the iPhone.
To solve these problems with your backing:
1) Our project will enable us to create App Version 2.0:
- To provide for instant streaming of the large video files, and
- Native versions for tablets and platforms like iPad, Android, and Kindle Fire.
2) It will also enable us to produce a new 2-DVD Set of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT:
- Providing a permanent copy encoded for downloading to mobile devices
- With 640x480 resolution and 50% higher encoding for sharper images than streaming will allow, and
- That can also be watched on a computer or a TV with proper connections, even without a mobile device.
If we can exceed our goal with sufficient backing, we believe the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE App can literally explode on the scene to help more people read God's word. As scripture says, “No one lights a lamp and puts it under a bushel, but on a lampstand where it gives light to everyone in the house” (Matthew 5:15). So we ask you to help us put this lamp on a large lampstand to shed its light to the world (Psalm 119:105)! Please tell those you know… your family, friends and people at church or at work. You can send this link to your email list and post it on Facebook and Twitter. Let your interested LinkedIn contacts know and pin our image on Pinterest, too. We need all the help we can get! And we've got great rewards!
$10 - PDF file of WHY DID HE DIE (90 pages), by producer Jim Fitzgerald.
$15 - Download THE BOOK OF REVELATION (110 min) from the WatchWord Video Bible.
$25 – One Set of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT (2 DVDs/26 hrs). The DVDs will be encoded for downloading to tablets and smartphones with 640x480 video resolution and 50% sharper images than streaming video.
$50 - Two Sets of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT plus a PDF file of WHY DID HE DIE.
$100 - Four Sets of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT, a PDF file of WHY DID HE DIE, and a download of THE BOOK OF REVELATION.
$200 - Eight Sets of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT, small hard-back copy of WHY DID HE DIE,and THE BOOK OF REVELATION DVD.
$500 – Twenty-five Sets of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT for distribution, signed copy of WHY DID HE DIE, THE BOOK OF REVELATION DVD, and frame-able calligraphy of God’s promise in REVELATION 1:3.
$1,000 - A PERMANENT SPONSOR LISTING on our promotional website, plus 50 Sets of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT for distribution, signed copy of WHY DID HE DIE; THE BOOK OF REVELATION DVD, and frame-able calligraphy of REVELATION 1:3.
$5,000 - A PERMANENT LOGO LINK to your business or church in the Sponsor Grid featured on our promotional website, and 250 Sets of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT for distribution. You also receive a signed copy of the book, the DVD, and the calligraphy as above. The space in our Sponsor Grid may also be in memoriam to honor a loved one and the DVDs donated to a church or ministry.
$10,000 - A PERMANENT DOUBLE-SIZE LOGO LINK to your business or church in the Sponsor Grid featured on our campaign website, and 500 Sets of the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE NEW TESTAMENT for distribution. You also receive a signed copy of the book, the DVD, and the calligraphy as above. Two spaces in our Sponsor Grid may also be in memoriam to honor loved ones and the DVDs donated to a church or ministry.
WatchWord Video Bible Vision:
On 11/11/11, we celebrated the 20th anniversary of a vision to bring the Bible to the world as a cutting edge videobook to help more people read God’s word and be renewed. Our DVDs are currently used in homes, churches, schools, youth groups, prisons, nursing homes, and on the mission fields, and serve people of all ages and backgrounds. Our online video streaming Subscription Service at www.TheBibleChannel.com is also used by believers all around the world. Now, just as we always dreamed, we want to make the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE accessible to millions of people in the palm of their hand.
In addition to English, we’ve also produced other languages, including: most of The Arabic New Testament (approx. 24 hrs.), a completed co-production of The Japanese New Testament, (approx. 26 hrs.) and a co-production of The German Gospel of Mark. Working with others in the future, we also hope to produce at least the ten major world languages and make them all available as apps. If possible, we plan to proceed with the Old Testament in phases, too, beginning with Psalms. From the start it has always been our aim to see proceeds from English sales serve as an engine to enable these other productions. You can learn more about us at:
Thank you for your backing!
Together we can bring the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE to the whole world on mobile devices…so millions of busy people can meet God daily through His word on video…and be transformed!
What others are saying:
- "I cannot put into words how excited I am about this product."
- "The best Bible app I have ever experienced...I've learned so much from this Bible translation, and the background sounds, video and text makes this app really enjoyable, you want to listen/watch over and over."
- "This app helps me to be able to read the Bible more effectively. I was able to understand it in a clearer way, makes it very enjoyable in reading the scripture."
- "I just bought the WatchWord Bible on DVD last week and I loved it! It's the best!! It got me so much closer to God and I thank you all so much."
- "Thank you for obeying God's call to create this masterpiece."
- "It is so exciting for me because I have a few learning disabilities. It is hard for me to stay [focused] for any length while I'm doing school work or [reading]. Your DVDs are so easy for me to listen and follow along with my Bible."
- "I was very impressed with the workmanship that went into making this available. The photography was astounding."
- "Never before was I able to sit and read the Bible for a long time in one sitting. When I watched the Bible DVD, I watched for three and a half hours non-stop and still could not get enough. The pictures, sounds, music and special effects were amazing and totally relaxing not to mention spiritually educational."
- Why isn’t the WATCHWORD VIDEO BIBLE App offered as a reward? It isn't possible in the app stores which are controled by Apple. The app is free to download with about fifty minutes of free video to download and sample, and the rest is available for in-app purchase.
- What translation is used? The Contemporary English Version (CEV) is the American Bible Society’s most modern English version and is translated at a fifth grade level to be easily understood by children and adults, as well as those learning English as a second language.The American Bible Society is the world's largest Bible Society, working in the harvest since 1816.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.