Order here: www.tagonce.com (pre-orders available from Monday 24 of August)
LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook
Thank you backers for your confidence in us and for helping us in making our dream become reality!
The story behind TagonceEverything is set – you’re on your way on vacation and are just in time for your flight. You reach the airport and scan the check-in area for a luggage tag on which you can quickly jot down your contact information. Either you don’t find one or if you do you may end up not having time enough to write your contact information in a readable manner before you reach the check in counter for your luggage – sounds familiar?
This exact scenario played itself out over and over for my wife and I when we were flying. Finally, on a trip to Paris my wife and I said to each other: Clearly there must be an easier solution for this. But there wasn't, so we created Tagonce.
What is Tagonce?
- You don't have to write the same contact information on your luggage tag every time you travel
- You can update your contact information at any time and from anywhere using your smartphone
- You can plan multiple journeys by entering future dates and places you are planning to stay and your contact information will change automatically based on this info
- You don't have to search for a luggage tag, at the airport
- You don't have to remember a pen
- People can easily scan and read your tag without the app
- People can send you messages using their smartphone if they find your luggage
- We added NFC as a stretch goal together with extra colors and straps - please find the details further down in the campaign
- The software and tag is designed, developed and produced in Denmark.
- The projected price at retail is $10 per tag. Get it here for a price as low as $5,5
- The app is 100 percent free to use after you buy the tag - no subscription
How does it work?
1. Attach the Tagonce tag to your lugagge and scan the tag
2. Enter your basic contact information
3. Enter where and when you are going
4. Enjoy your trip. The tag is now setup to display your contact information when scanned
Anyone with a smartphone is able to read your tag. The app is not needed.
If plans change, or you have to plan a new trip - you simply open the app and change the plans without needing to have your luggage next to you.
We currently offer three different versions of the tag: Tansparent, black and white. Below you can see our current prototypes:
The finished product will have its own unique QR code and the text printed on the tag, after which it will be coated as shown below:
You get 3 straps per tag you order - each one in a different color:
- The black tag comes with a red, transparent and black strap
- The white tag comes with a purple, transparent and black strap
- The transparent tag comes with a green, transparent and black strap.
These are the straps:
- Fluorescent Helios Yellow comes with a purple, transparent and black strap
- Fluorescent Neptune Blue comes with a green, transparent and black strap
- Fluorescent Lava Orange comes with a red, transparent and black strap.
Why do we need you?
First of all, we want to prove to ourselves that this is in fact a really cool product that people want to buy. So far, we’ve only received positive feedback, but before we invest even more money and time into it we want to really have evidence to show us that our idea is useful for people.
Secondly, we want to make this product available to everyone around the world through retail stores and online market places. Backing this product through this campaign will mean that we will be able to bring the product from our minds to your home in a very short period of time.
If we reach our goal of 45.000, then we will use all the money to create the first batch of tags, but if we get more than expected we would use the extra money to speed up the process of expanding the functionalitites of the tagonce software.
Material and specs
Tag material: Acrylic
Acrylic print and coating: In order to imprint the tags with the QR code and text, we have in cooperation with one of the leading suppliers of acrylic-solutions in Denmark, found an easy way to print and coat the tags. By doing so we have ensured flexible and easy production yet a very scratch resistant tag that will withstand the rough environment of luggage transportation.
Tags measurements: The tag thickness is 3 millimeter.
Tags colors : White: Moonligt white, Black: Midnight black, Transparent: Standard perspex clear
Strap length: 6 inches / 15 cm long.
Strap material: We have chosen silicone due to its flexible yet durable performance.
What's next ?
- Travel log: log airlines used, hotels, restaurants, attractions and rate them – add images, texts and videos, possible integration with existing travel apps/sites. Integration with Google.
- Connect with friends: Connect with existing friends or find new ones with same travel interests as yourself. Check out their travel logs for the cities/countries you’re interested in, comment etc.
Risks and challenges
A) We are dependent on a subcontractor to deliver on time and in the top quality we expect.
Mitigation of risk:
1) Using a Danish subcontractor means no language barriers and, we can physically meet with our subcontractor within a few hours.
2) We got a committed delivery time, price, materials, print and coating from our subcontractor before we launched the campaign.
3) We added a buffer of a month and a week to our subcontractor’s delivery time in order to minimize the risk of not delivering on time.
B) Brian has developed the app and all its features over a period of the last year, and everything has been ready for a while.
Usually when developing software it is good practice to have somebody other than the developer to test it. The reason why we haven't done this at this point, is that we haven't had the budget yet.
Mitigation of risk:
1) We will dedicate all our time from funding is reached to the tags are send out, to make sure every scenario is tested before the app becomes available for the public.
We want to make sure that you get the best possible user experience when using the app.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)