Please note that we're in New Zealand and the rules of Kickstarter don't let us use US$ and we have to use New Zealand $, the symbol is same but the price in US$ is lower! (For example the shipping is $13 New Zealand, but you will pay $ 10 USD)
Short and snappy sum-up of what the project is about in bold font
Want to keep your information secure, private, but tired of creating, remembering, changing and typing those pretty long passwords all the time? The solution is only a iTouch ID away!
Short description of the device and it’s capabilities
- It’s the fingerprint scanner that fits your lifestyle
- Log on With a simple touch and you’ll be able to access your accounts, not bothering with complicated passwords or being in fear that someone might be looking over your shoulder
- It is the smallest fingerprint USB scanner in the world It is compatible with both PC and Mac systems
- Laser-cut Sapphire glass
- Aircraft Grade Aluminium body with hard-anodized finish
- Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor with 500 pixels per inch resolution
- Hi-Security AES-256 encrypted with a unique identifier per device for two level authentications
It helps you secure your privacy, and you will be the only one holding the key. But, above all, that means you can use it on the go, and will hardly ever need to unplug it from your laptop.
How usual passwords are bad and counterproductive
Today almost everyone has a lot of accounts - from the basic email to the multiple social networks, forums, cloud storages, bank accounts and many others. Experts recommend that, in order to secure them, you need to create a unique nonsensical at least 12-figure combination with letters, numbers and symbols for each of your accounts. FOR EACH ONE. It is a headache to remember one of two, let alone couple dozen. And even if you lock them all under one password, it would be the weak link. But there’s another way.
About fingerprint scanning technology, and why ours is superior
Every person is the world has a different fingerprint. So you already own a unique key, and we provide a fitting lock. To break it down, when you use iTouch ID for the first time it captures an image of your fingerprint and stores only the analysis data of the print but never the actual image. When you use it again, to access your accounts, it compares parameters of your fingerprint with the template, and if they match, lets you pass. No hacker in the world can get access to your fingerprint - because the image is not stored!
iTouch ID is capable of being the front line of defence for your laptop’s operating system, acting as a main password alternative. It also can manage multiple passwords to your accounts, and automatically log you into your favorite social networks, messaging clients and any other programs or websites. It even can lock and unlock files and folders on your computer, you just have to set a setting, and iTouch ID will follow. Basically, every situation where you would previously need a password, can now be resolved with iTouch ID.
About device’s small size, easy usage and other benefits
iTouch ID protects your laptop, computer, tablet (with Windows) from any unauthorised users behind the solid wall of hardware scanners and reliable software. So you can be sure that your private information stays private.
iTouch ID is quite simply, the smallest fingerprint scanner in the world that is on the market today. The majority of other devices are a size of a computer mouse and need cables to operate. They are too big and take too much work to set-up every time you want to use them. Having a laptop means that you are a mobile person, and you got no time for messing with all those cables, plugging and unplugging them over and over again. The size and look of iTouch ID were designed specifically to fit the needs of laptop owners,
Easy to use
The initial set-up only needs to be made once, after that - one touch is all it takes. It is also compatible with both Mac OS X and Windows laptops, computers, tablets (with Windows)!
When you put your finger against the glass of the iTouch ID, it automatically detects it, scannes it, making the analysis and giving the result in under a second! This is even faster than typing in the password.
It may look small, but the body of the iTouch ID is made out of the single solid piece of aircraft grade aluminum with hard-anodized finish and we are using laser-cut sapphire glass. It is scratch, impact and waterproof resistant.
- Manufacturer: iTouch ID, Ltd.
- Model: DO-I
- Fingerprint Sensor: ID FPS360, capacitive touch to detect the user's fingerprint
- 500 pixels per inch resolution, 256 x 300 pixel array
- Once plugged into a USB port, the iTouch ID measures only 0.72 inches (18.2 mm width) by 0.42 inches (10.6 mm length) by 0.24 inches (6 mm height)
- The laser-cut sapphire crystal glass
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum - hard-anodized finish
- Power Supply: 5V via USB
- Operating temperature: 0'C to 5'C (32'F to 122'F)
- Storage temperature: -40'C to 80'C (-40'F to 176'F)
- Humidity 10-90%
- USB 2.0
- Tamper evident housing
- Water Resistant
- PC with 1200 MHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- 100MB of available hard disk space
- Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
- USB 2.0 backward compatible for USB 1.1
- OS Windows or Mac OS X
- iTouch ID FPS360 Personal Identity Device USB BioMetric Fingerprint scanner
- iTouch ID combines strong authentication, logical access into one convenient portable device.
- Integrates seamlessly with the iTouch ID suite of enterprise software for an end-to-end identity management solution.
- Provides portable biometric authentication for use by individual and enterprise via standard USB connectivity.
- Stores biometric data securely
- Secures documents and other personal information such as financial and medical records.
- eWallet by iTouch ID allows users to maintain form information for a website, reducing the need to remember passwords or enter credit card details manually.
Features and Functionality
- BioMetric Fingerprint data are encrypted and stored
- Secure password storage
- Native USB implementation to immediately enable the device
- Unique identifier per device for two level authentications
- AES encryption
- Integrates seamlessly with the iTouch ID suite of enterprise software for an end-to-end identity management solution
- Multi-factor authentication
- Reduce identity fraud
- Secure internet banking
- Secure transactions
- One device for multiple accounts & applications
- Reduce costs associated with passwords
- Cost effective deployment
- Protect access to sensitive information
- Secure storage of health and other public records
- Increase network security
Risks and challenges
There are always risks that can delay the process before iTouch ID gets into your hands. We thought it might be good to share information some of them so you know what we are dealing with.
Component supply: iTouch ID, or any product for that matter, contains a significant amount of components. These components come from different suppliers which have different lead times for their components. If one of these suppliers has a short supply or a long lead-time this will delay the entire production if a substitute is not found for that component.
Enhancements in production: When in production there are a couple of parameters that can be improved during the process such as the color, click feeling, translucence, IP class etc. Making such enhancements during the process will be in order to improve your experience with iTouch ID. We will do everything we can to ensure that iTouch ID ships with superior quality.
Shipping and customs: When we start shipping there's always a risk of the product getting stuck in customs, either when we are receiving the products from the factory or shipping them to you. We are prepared as well as we can and hopefully there won't be any delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)