As more bells land in your hands, there are some FAQs that we thought it would be helpful to answer for all backers:
1. The "Titanium Classic” bell
- Some of you have mentioned you have received a Classic instead of a Ti bell. In fact the Classic comes in Titanium as well as the four Aluminium models. See the image below which shows a “silver” aluminium bell on left and Titanium on right. You can check the model number on yours to be sure. Bells with 1200...K are Titanium.
- Also with Ti, there are two designs: Ti White (we introduced this as a stretch goal) and Ti “Black". The colour refers to the mount colour, not the ringer. Sorry if this caused any confusion.
2. Unwanted rattle coming from bell
When the bell is overtightened, the screw may get too close to the ringer and cause an unwanted tapping noise. Please ensure the bell is firm on your bar BUT NO TIGHTER. See below for what it should look like. If this doesn’t solve your ringing problem, you have a faulty bell. Please follow the procedure set out in previous update for getting a replacement.
3. Faulty bells
- As we’ve mentioned in previous posts, and as has been evident from the comments, there was a problem in production that caused an error rate with a small proportion of bells. This meant that the bell gave a thud rather than rang out. We wanted to show you the difference between a good and bad bell.
- Of course, there will be very minor differences in sound between working bells, but if the bell sounds like the bad one in this video, then it is faulty and we will replace. Just send us a video file link in a DM (e.g. DropBox, iCloud, GoogleDrive etc) of the faulty bell.
- The small bell only fits bar diameter 22.2mm.
- The large bell includes shims to it can fits bars larger than that up to 31.8mm. The shims are located underneath the grey tray, tucked inside the circular extrusion.
Hope this helps for those with the queries above.
We’re really excited that as of today, all 37,000+ bells for the 20,787 Oi Kickstarter backers are manufactured and are either delivered, or on their way. Those who pre-ordered after the campaign will follow closely behind over the next 3 weeks.
For the vast majority of you who are enjoying your bell, that’s awesome. We’re grateful to receive your emails of support, and excited to see all of you on social media posting pictures and comments.
For the few that have had issues, we take them very seriously. Here is the process we’re undertaking:
- for those whose tracking details don’t show any activity since 10 Oct, pls email email@example.com with Subject: Tracking.
- for those who haven’t received a tracking number, pls check your junk mail, then follow process above if necessary.
- for those who have a faulty bell, or the wrong bells have been dispatched, pls send a direct msg with video/photo respectively and we will replace.
Please be aware, some of the deliveries can take up to 21 days (but are usually quicker) once you get the tracking number.
Anyone who has sent us a DM already on any topic, we are working through the responses now – thank you for your patience.