About this project
UPDATE 3.0: Youth Group or Small Group?
My gratitude continues to spill over for the overwhelming support you all have shown for this project! This will be the last update you will receive for some time, Lord-willing. I certainly don't want to clutter inboxes. Yuck!
I just posted this on Facebook (with youth groups and small groups in mind, especially—though this is open to everyone): Now that we've gone FAR past our goal, my wife and I are dying to GIVE BACK. Using the extra money we've raised to subsidize the cost of materials and shipping, we're offering the hardcover book and physical DVD Series for $5 per set.
With exactly 10 hours to go before the deadline, here's how this will work: Pledge anywhere between $25 and $50—and for every $5, you will receive a set of the hardcover and copy of the DVD Series.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE! PRAISE GOD!
UPDATE 2.0: Pledging for the $13 Reward After You've Already Made a Pledge
I've received messages from several of you who are trying to pledge for the $13 reward ON TOP of your previous pledge. Kickstarter recognizes this as a change in your pledge amount—not a second pledge. SO, here's how we're going to fix this:
For anyone who'd like these materials (ebook, personalized hardcover, DVD Series) for the wholesale price of $13, simply hit the "Manage Your Pledge" button and "up" your pledge in increments of $13. (Kickstarter will let me know of the change so that I can ship the right quantities).
Example: add $13 for one set of the three items, $26 for two sets, and $39 for three sets (I can't go any farther because my math is SO bad!). =D
There is less than 24 hours to go, and I'm THRILLED for this opportunity to give the materials away at wholesale. If you have friends or family who'd benefit from these resources, please consider letting them know about this opportunity.
And if you know someone who cannot afford the $13 (but wants the ebook/hardcover/DVD Series), have them email me and I'll send the materials to them as well (as many as I can afford by the time the project is ready to ship).
You all are truly incredible. This is so FUN connecting with the Body of Christ and seeing our great God and King do His amazing wonders. Much love to all of you! =D
P.S. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any other questions/concerns!
UPDATE!: NEW WHOLESALE REWARD!
Because we've met our goal (PRAISE GOD!), this reward is completely wholesale: You will receive the ebook, hardcover book, and DVD Series for $13!
Thank you for the 260 Facebook shares...
Thank you for the endless tweets...
Thank you for the blog posts...
Thank you for putting up with me...
Thank you for encouraging me...
Thank you for E V E R Y T H I N G...
...especially the $9,041 (100%) you've now pledged...
And a big, BIG, BIGGEST BIG THANK YOU to my God and Savior, who shows me more and more that life is about walking on water and moving mountains more than comfort zones and hiding in holes...
This is crazy. When God calls you to do something, He provides for it. Thank you, Jesus!
With 54 hours to go before the Kickstarter deadline, I've created a new reward for anyone who would like my ebook, hardcover book, and DVD Series for wholesale price (shipping included): $13.
I will be in touch with all of you Kickstarter Backers in the months ahead as we make this DVD Series a reality.
Crazy, crazy, crazy...
Filling the Gaping Hole in the Lives of My Generation
Welcome, my friend in Christ! I'm so thrilled that you're here. Chances are that you have a son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, nephew or niece who has left the church physically or emotionally.
As you may have read, Millennials (ages 18 to 32) see the church as heavy on tradition, but light on conviction. Packed with people, but empty of relationships. Overflowing with smiles, but dry in authenticity. So they leave in search of something that looks more real, loving, and purposeful—like Jesus.
This DVD Series combines biblical truth and practical application to help Millennials see that Jesus wants them to make an amazing impact for Him in the church. God has already provided a skilled videographer and professional equipment. The only thing missing? Money. So I started this Kickstarter campaign, and now I'm praying hard that God would use this DVD Series to fill the gaping hole in the lives of my generation.
What are Some of the DVD's Core Concepts?
- Core Concept 1: Jesus loves His Bride and will never give up on her—neither should we. The Millennial Generation believes that Jesus would burst through the doors and turn over tables in most churches. This DVD Series helps them see that for every church in which Jesus would turn tables, there are one hundred more in which He would enter and say, "He who has ears, let him hear."
- Core Concept 2: Church is a place where we can help others reject status quo Christianity and embrace the Way of Jesus. The Millennial Generation believes that people in the church are stuck in mediocrity. This DVD Serieshelps them see that God wants Millennials to be a light not only to the lost, but also to their brothers and sisters in church who are living lukewarm lifestyles.
- Core Concept 3: We must take purposeful action within our churches—starting with ourselves. The Millennial Generation believes that leaving the church is the best thing they can do. This DVD Series introduces a new thought: that being humble and fearless in spurring on the Body of Christ to love, good works, and action, is the best thing they can do (Heb 10:23-25).
How You Can Help Create this DVD Series
If this Kickstarter campaign reaches the minimum in pledges, then the DVDs will be produced and made available free-of-charge digitally to thousands of Millennials. If it doesn't reach the minimum, none of the backers will be charged and the DVDs are not created. It's all or nothing. Below are three vital things you can do to make this project a success:
- ONE—Please PRAY that God would "do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" (Eph 3:20-21). “For nothing is impossible with God” (Luke 1:37).
- TWO—Please send a personal email about this DVD Series to a friend or family member, or write a personal message about it on Facebook, Twitter, or your blog. Also, sharing the video above is vitally important, as it encapsulates the mission God has put on my heart and tells the sad-but-hopeful story of the Millennial Generation (Share buttons are located directly beneath the video).
- THREE—Become a “Backer” at the highest possible level ($25, $50, $75 $100, $150, $200, $300, $400, $500) by choosing one of the cool rewards to the right of your screen. If you do not want a reward, that option is available as well. But I REALLY want to bless you with a reward!
Please email me (email@example.com) or call me (email me for my number) if you have any questions or concerns about this project. I’m here to listen, talk, pray, discuss, or all of the above. Much grace and peace to you!
Support this project
- (43 days)