Welcome to the kickstarter for The Unfortunate Adventures of Uncle Chainsaw.
This is a fun, crazy, kooky, silly, somewhat mental card game for 2+ players of all ages.
Please! Know Your Audience!
This game started out as a joke between friends.
and my friend Louise
So after a friendly laugh and joke, Uncle Chainsaw was born.
Yeah, my drawing skills are not great.
But not as bad as my husbands
After much playing, and thinking, and laughing, and general all round silliness, we had the rules for game play done.
We created 2 alpha decks and played with friends
Much hilarity ensued.
We then found an artist.
We pitched our idea to him, and played a game with him one afternoon and he thought it was hilarious. He agreed to do the art for us and we commissioned him for 3 images to start with.
A few words from Derek
In the mean time, we made play test deck, and it was awful. They were useful to show people how to play, but they looked just..nope.
We decided to be patient, and want for the images from Derek, we then created some beta decks.
They were great
We play tested with more people. A local geek cafe let us leave a deck there for people to test and leave feedback. I have had people asking me if they can buy a copy! Lots of people want to play this game. Its just that good.
And that pretty much brings us up to now.
A word from Uncle Chainsaw himself.
(Yes, he is based on a real person, this dude here. He is awesome too)
The Future of Uncle Chainsaw
The reason we are launching this kickstarter is to make the deck fully illustrated, publish it and have it available to purchase from gaming stores and online *fingers crossed* in time for Christmas.
By changing the cards from text based to image based we feel it opens up the game play more, adds another element of randomness to the game.
We are hoping to raise £16,000
- Pay for the artist to make 54 individual fully illustrated cards.
- Pay for the printing of 500 decks that we will then sell via our website and in stores.
- pay for the website hosting
- pay for advertising, marketing, and postage costs
- Promotional materials such as fliers and postcards and so on
If there is any money left over after we will use that towards attending the UK Gaming Expo in 2016 and Newcastle Film and Comic Con in 2016 as traders, where we can promote Uncle Chainsaw further.
Thank you for looking at our project.
Please back us, if you can't please share this with anyone you think maybe interested.
Game Play Footage
We hope you enjoyed our own brand of strangeness.
Have a good day
and always, always
Know Your Audience.
Steel Tooth Gaming.
Risks and challenges
The challenges we may face after the campaign are
1) How long it may take the artist to complete all 54 images. This is why we have decided to give ourselves 3 months after the campaign has closed to ensure he has a good chunk of time to do the work. Some images are simple, some are more complex. but while we hope to be ready on time, there could be a few delays. We will make sure our backers are updated regularly.
2) Fulfillment may be difficult as we will be doing the fulfillment ourselves from home. We aim to be on time, but as a busy family of 7, there could be delays. We will keep our backers updated regularly.
- (30 days)