This project's funding goal was not reached on May 9, 2012.
About this project
Gadgetsteria: “The concept is definitely unique, and could provide a hit with people who love their iPhones dearly but suffer from less than stellar eyesight”
Ubergizmo: “A pretty cool idea”
Gizmag: “iPhone cases need to do more than simply protect an iPhone … in the case of the MagniCase, a flip-out Fresnel lens that magnifies the iPhone’s display by up to 1.5 times.”
YourTechReport: “… gives you a Larger Screen…without using up all of that extra pocket space”
Techchee: “If you’re one of those envious of Android users having larger screen, here is a quick fix for your iPhone”
Uberphones: “the iPhone certainly packs a much smaller screen measuring at 3.5” which unfortunately might make certain things harder to read, even more so for elderly folk or those who might not have good eyesight…. MagniCase is hoping to change that.”
Gizmo Watch: ”You can convert your iPhone to a 5-inch tablet with the new innovative design of the MagniCase”
Love your iPhone but wish you could enlarge the display for better viewing?
Discover MagniCase – the case that magnifies your iPhone display! Now you can enjoy iPhone’s amazing Retina display at 1.5x larger, making text and visuals even more awesome.
Many people use their smartphones for all kinds of things from surfing the internet, reading news, social networking, viewing photos, playing games to watching sport events or movies. The display on a smartphone is fairly small since it is made to be portable. This puts a lot of strain on the eyes. Prolonged viewing of a small display will give people discomfort, headaches or could even harm their eyesight.
That’s why we’ve designed the MagniCase - an iPhone protective case with a flip-out magnifying Fresnel lens to enlarge the display 1.5x. With the innovative design of the new MagniCase, you can instantly turn your iPhone into a 5" tablet!
MagniCase Product Features & Benefits:
- Take advantage of iPhone’s Retina display. 1.5x magnification will not produce any noticeable decrease in resolution. No more zooming and moving the page around. Display and see the whole website all at once!
- The MagniCase uses a very special, high quality Fresnel lens with 250 grooves per inch density; this will ensure a resolution equivalent to the new iPad 3 Retina display (264ppi)
- Flip-out magnifying Fresnel lens enlarges the display by 1.5 times. For iPhone 4/4s with a 3.5” display the viewing display will be equivalent to 5.3”. 1.5x magnification is equivalent to 52” TV vs. 35” TV.
- The Fresnel lens and extension arm will not interfere with the iPhone’s function. You can touch, type and swipe the screen as normal in both landscape and portrait orientations.
- The Fresnel lens can be instantly folded away to the back of the phone.
- The sturdy case can be used as a regular protective case for the phone.
- The shatter resistant lens and extension arm can even be used as a stand in vertical or horizontal position!
- Use as a regular magnifying glass for reading newspaper, book, looking at collectibles or other general observation.
The Physics Behind MagniCase:
The Fresnel lens is just a little bigger than the iPhone display but since it is a lot closer to the eyes it looks much bigger. The lens magnifies the display and the magnified image fills up the lens. Everything will look bigger and clearer.
You can verify this by holding up the iPhone a few inches away from your eyes. You will see your whole face through the reflection on the screen even though the screen on the phone is a lot smaller than your face. The difference is that the image is not magnified as in the case of the MagniCase.
Help Fund this Awesome Project:
The MagniCase is an innovative and unobtrusive solution for improving the display of your iPhone with increased visual satisfaction! We can’t wait to share this revolutionary new product design with you. With your support, your orders will help push this project through the final stages and give us the money to make the molds for the parts.
The retail price for the MagniCase 1.5x is $40.00. Replacement quality Fresnel lens is $10 each. By ordering early through KickStarter, you will receive an awesome discount. And when you see the MagniCase at a retail store near you, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you helped make it happen!
There are six finishes for you to choose: Black, White, Grey, Pink, Blue and Clear.
We encourage you to share our exciting project with your friends and family, work colleagues and all fans of the iPhone. Use the social share buttons at the top of the page below our video. Thank you for stopping by and we hope you can support us!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (45 days)