As a thank you to everyone who supports us during this campaign, we have added this Kickstarter Exclusive Booster Pack to the game. Every backer will receive the booster pack of 15 additional, exclusive cards with locations, peeps and pictures alongside their reward, plus a couple of other awesome goodies :)
Carrot & Stick comes in several different editions and here is what you will get with each one of them:
1. First we have the ‘Sugar & Spice’ edition of the game - it’s cute, diverse and suitable for the whole family.
2. Then we have the ‘Naughtier than Nice’ edition for those of you who like the darker, creepier side of life.
3. But for the truly cruel among you we offer a world unsettlingly similar to reality - mix the two decks for one epic story, involving doing despicable things to some very, very sweet peeps ;-)
4. And for the most adventurous of you, we have a limited edition, custom designed expansion pack, exclusive to Kickstarter. All the fun of creative sweetness and cruelty, with your personal characters in the mix:
Here are a couple of the awesome and adorable custom designs we have created for some of our backers:
What's in the Box:
Carrot & Stick can be played in several different ways. The base versions of the game come with two play modes - Party Mode and 2 Player Mode. The Deluxe Game comes with all four play modes. Here is a little bit about what our four play modes are like:
How to Play:
To give you a better idea, here is how you play Party Mode. The idea is simple - you move through the world and at every stage you meet a peep, who is stuck on an island and is facing a problem. Using the cards in your hand, tell a story to solve the problem:
This is it in a nutshell. The game is super portable, quick to set up and very easy to learn and play. It is suitable for 3 to 6 players and it takes anywhere between 20 and 90 minutes. All you need are a few friends and a lot of storytelling creativity.
Hi, we are Matthew and Petya, the co-founders of Mindpipe and the designers and creators of Carrot & Stick. We met more than 13 years ago, on the first day of university and we have been together ever since. Mindpipe has been our dream, obsession and battlefield for seven whole years. It is a tiny design studio, a sanctuary where the two of us can work on creative projects we dream up ourselves, projects we design and develop with passion, help from our many talented friends and family and a very large pinch of insanity.
We adore our small studio. The work is exciting, creative, terrifying and frankly endless. This is why we love board games. An evening with friends and family, playing a game, chatting and catching up is our absolute favourite time. We would often struggle though, to find a game we all wanted to play. This is what we had in mind the whole time we were designing and testing Carrot & Stick. A game that is small enough we can just carry around with us; simple enough, so we can introduce new players in minutes; and versatile enough, so we can play with our family as well as with our friends over a round at the pub. We couldn't be happier with the result. In many ways Carrot & Stick is shaped by the individual players as well as the overall mood of the group. Each player sees different opportunities in the cards, tells different stories and builds different worlds. You will never play the same game twice :)
We are so grateful to everyone out there who has been with us the whole way. All the feedback, ideas and comments we got over the last two years have been instrumental in creating the game and especially in the development of our organic design approach.
Carrot & Stick has always been all about the amazingly adorable and versatile world we were creating. A world you can shape, grow and develop. The two of us represent the entire team of Mindpipe and we are the ones creating every single design. If you join us on this journey, you will not only witness how we create our little characters and designs, but you will also help us. You will have the chance to have a real input in the final game.
We already have many more designs than the game requires, but we are not done yet. Every day of this campaign you will see a new design, a peep or a location. You will see them in progress, completed and even the entire process filmed.
and at the end of the campaign,
You will have your say!
At the end of our Kickstarter campaign, we will give all our backers an amazing opportunity. We will send you our gallery of choices, including exclusive, never before seen designs and we will have you choose your favourites. We will then tally up the scores and include only the crowd favourites in the final version of the game. Your support would mean a lot to us and we would love to thank you for it by giving you this sneak peek into our organic design approach.
We thought long and hard about what we can do for our Kickstarter backers to thank you for your support and faith in our project, so here are a few goodies you will get with the game, especially if we over fund, even just a bit :)
We love our game, but what do others think?
Here are some links, quotes and other wonderful pieces of wisdom from our play-testers, reviewers, fans and critics:
A great video review for Carrot & Stick from Jen.
- more reviews coming very soon :)
Here's a little something from some of our play-testers, fans and backers:
- 'Very fun (you'll be rolling on the floor in no time and you can bond with previously unknown people if you play this together), very cute (just look at the characters! you can tell a lot of heart has been put into them and I know I want to cuddle all) and very versatile (you can play as per the instructions or create any story for any age using the peeps and places, so basically the fun doesn't have to end. EVER).' Madi
- 'Hello, there potential players :)! Do you work hard? Do you have a stresful job? Do you have a feeling you have not truly had fun for ages or laughed out loud for quite some time? I certainly do. Playing Carrot & stick the other day was sooo refreshing for me. I got to relax, got in touch with my inner child, who was somewhat neglected, and I let my imagination run wild and naughty... or, occasionally, nice 😋. I admit I was on the naughty side, though 😈. Plus I got to be creative for fun and I found the rules quite flexible and not constricting at all. I hate to abide by loads of strict and complex rules in my spare time for, you see, I am a lawyer. And if that game can make a lawyer have fun and laugh it must be quite something.' Irina Nedyalkova
- 'This is a great game and huge fun to play. Think Cards Against Humanity with super artwork save that there is nothing inherently rude in any of the cards so the game can be played in as “rude” or “clean” versions as the players choose to make it, the only limitation being the players’ imagination. No two games played will be exactly the same.' Roger King
Shipping and Manufacturing
- Carrot & Stick ships free of charge to anywhere in the US.
- We also ship anywhere else in the world for a small additional shipping charge.
- We have been working with the Print Ninja team to ensure the game's high quality and fast production.
We just want to say a quick thank you to everyone who has supported us, believed in us and helped us along the way:
- First and foremost, all our friends and family!
- all our play-testers, fans, bloggers and reviewers, who have been so wonderful to us.
- all our critics, who helped us improve the game so much
- and last, but not least, thank you Bensound (www.bensound.com) for the wonderfully cheeky and adorable music for our Kickstarter video!
Risks and challenges
Carrot & Stick is a card game and as such it is easy enough to produce. We have been negotiating with manufacturers as well as fulfillment companies for many moons now and we are confident we will not disappoint.
The only problem we can see would be the best one ever - if you love us so very much and you buy many many copies of the game, we will need to work twice as hard to fulfill on time. We are, however more than happy to work our socks off and we will do our very bestest to be right on time and have you love us even more.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)