About this project
Finally! The long awaited final volume in the definitive account of the making of the original Star Trek TV Series is ready to go to the printer.
After the final edit this hardcover volume is 754 pages long and includes 456 photographs. Author Marc Cushman wants to get the book out this year, and so do many who have already read Season One and Season Two. So we are launching this Kickstarter to get Season Three published this year. And you can get your copy before anyone, as well as get discounted copies of the first two volumes.
“The level of research is astounding … an incredible job … The reviews are wonderful and well deserved.”
– LEONARD NIMOY
What makes These Are The Voyages special?
• Access to Gene Roddenberry's private letters, script notes, and other production details including set design, casting and editing.
• Hundreds of previously unpublished insights and recollections from actors, writers, directors, producers, and crew of the series.
• New interview material from creator Gene Roddenberry, privately recorded before his passing and made public here for the first time.
• Unique insight into genius Gene Roddenberry's creative process and instincts as he guided and shaped this ground-breaking television series.
• The first-ever inside look at Gene Coon's extensive memos, Star Trek producer and writer whose extraordinary contributions helped to define the series.
Saturn Award winner!
"This is going to be the bible to Star Trek and how it was made. This is a book that I'm going to keep near and dear and utilize throughout my life."
- ROD RODDENBERRY (son of Gene Roddenberry).
Author Marc Cushman has spent the better part of six years writing a three-book series called These Are the Voyages, documenting the making of the original Star Trek. Actually, the research phase dates back further than that. This is a project that Gene Roddenberry gave his blessing to do way back in the 1980s, and which Bob Justman endorsed with his participation after that, along with the kind support of Dorothy Fontana, John D.F. Black, and so many of the others who helped to create and write and bring to us the first and the best of the Star Treks.
In August 2013, Jacobs Brown Press published These Are the Voyages – TOS: Season One. It’s over 600 pages long, with more than 300 images, and with foreword by John D.F. Black, the man who wrote the words, “Space … the final frontier.” The reviews were amazing. In April 2014, Season Two was published. The reviews remained fantastic. And in June of 2014, The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films presented Marc with a Special Achievement Saturn Award for the first two volumes.
Read excerpts from Volume One here.
Read excerpts from Volume Two here.
CANADIAN AND FOREIGN DONORS
If you are interested in buying the books, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are handling all foreign sales directly, as we charge exact USPS shipping to foreign countries. Please do not ask us what that cost will be as we will not know until we have the books in hand and know the weight.
Risks and challenges
The Risks are minimal. The book is already finished. The only risk is that something delays us and we are unable to get the book out to donors before Christmas, but have planned well.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)