A collaboration project with Hagen's Alley Books, Walter Day's Gaming Superstars Volume One is a 100+ page book that will cover the entire first year of trading cards released in the series. The cards will be accompanied by beautiful imagery and stories told by people within the gaming community who were featured on the cards, as well as stories from Walter Day himself.
About the Book
- 100+ Full Color Pages
- Cover Art by legendary artist Dan Tearle
- All 200 cards listed, including variants and unprinted cards
- Historical Stories about Walter Day
- Beautiful Imagery throughout the Book
A Word from Walter about the Book!
This book is all about the first year of trading cards from The Walter Day Collection. Not only will the book focus on all of the cards released, but also has stories about Walter Day from those people involved. This is the ultimate tribute to everything Walter Day has accomplished with this series of cards.
We were lucky enough to have the legendary artist Dan Tearle draw a rendition of Walter for the cover of this book. Dan has been involved in lots of projects over the years, including working at Topps with an amazing Star Wars series.
There are at least 4 classic Twin Galaxies references on this cover. Can you spot them all?
Digital Copy - $10
- Support the book project and get a digital copy that is playable on your compatible e-reader.
Physical Book - $30
- This is the main item from the campaign. Get a beautiful large hardcover book that is in color and you name in the back for supporting.
Book with Walter Day's Signature and Random Card - $40
- Get the book with Walter Day's Signature and a trading card chosen at random by Walter Day himself.
Book with Walter Day's Signature and 5 Random Cards - $50
- Get the book with Walter Day's Signature and five random trading cards chosen by Walter.
Book with Walter Day's Signature and 10 Random Cards + Walter Day Signature Card - $75
- Get the book signed with Walter's signature plus ten random trading cards and as a bonus you will get a signed Walter Day card of the book's cover!
Tell Your Story! - $100
- Not only do you get everything from the lower tiers this but you also get to tell your story that will be included in the book!
Book plus Year One Binder with all available Cards - $200
- You get everything in this project, including the signed book and you can tell your story. On top of that Walter will create a binder for you with every card he has from Year One. It may look different than the originals as Walter is hand assembling these!
The Goal of this Project
Upon funding of this project, and coverage of all printing/shipping of the books, all proceeds will go directly to Walter Day himself. This is the best thing we can do as a thank Walter for everything he has done for the gaming community.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments and please share with anyone passionate about gaming. Thanks!
~ Jeffrey Wittenhagen and Todd Friedman
Risks and challenges
The timeline for this is very far in the future on purpose to allow us time to get everything out to people. The goal is to get everything out to supporters as soon as possible!
Some cards since they were published have been removed from circulation, those were requested to be listed as anonymous to avoid complications. Those cards will also not be included in any card distributions with this project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)