Most of the people who know us have said, "you need to open a bakery!" We are and as Isabelle as the head baker and young entrepreneur that she is we know it's going to be a blast!
As Isabelle embarks on the journey from dedicated worker into the privilege of business ownership, she has created her website in conjunction with her 2 year old blog, all of the necessary spreadsheets for book keeping purposes, food costs and supply needs. A detailed business plan has been drafted and research about equipment needs and renovations required to open a bakery within The Soda Works. Her commitment to the business shows by the fact that she has saved and bought many of the items needed for her bakery like website and logo costs, commercial coffee brewer & supplies, business cards, and promotional costs.
Kickstarter provides an avenue for her to raise her own funding and seek support from individuals in realizing her dream as a bakery owner. This not only impresses on her the gravity of her venture, it requires her to show a work ethic far before selling a single cookie. We have owned a restaurant in the past and since then she has had a passion for the culinary arts. Over the years we have catered over 50 events and she has always been right there working, creating, innovating and dreaming.
Please consider contributing to her business venture and see how the next generation will continue the entrepreneurial spirit of the future. As we work along side her in this endeavor she will lead the way for her generation of future business owners.
"Instead of finding a job in a bakery and working to further their dream, I would rather work harder and longer to see my own dream into reality." ~ Isabelle's version of Tony Gaskins' famous quote, "If you do not work for your own dream, someone will hire you to work for theirs."
The BEST part: You get AWESOME Baked Goods for your support!!
Check out our sites:
With the funds raised for this project Isabelle will purchase:
1. Used commercial convection oven
2. Used Hobart Mixer
3. Prep island and counters
5. Install 3 basin sink and demo/renovate designated baking area
6. Signage and advertising
7. Display case and storage containers
8. Initial baking supplies and tools needed
9. To-go containers, coffee, tea and other misc items
10. Stove top for making sauces and other accoutrements
Your support is so appreciated!!
Risks and challenges
1. Keeping perspective on the process of opening a new business and removing the rose colored glasses about reality in the sense of "if I follow steps 1 through 10, everything will work out perfectly".
2. Completing daily business tasks like book keeping, food cost analysis, and customer service training.
3. Since this bakery is going to become an extension of an existing business, a challenge will be cultivating our current client base to find additional value in what we offer.
Since we have over 25 years experience in customer service, business building and operating, our expertise will help us tremendously as we mentor Isabelle in the forming of her first business. We will all work along side one another to build lasting customer relationships.
- (30 days)