Grilling and cooking outdoors is one of the most popular summer activities, however, it usually combines some fairly combustable ingredients; an open fire, hot oil, or boiling water, combined with a splash of alcohol and a touch of testosterone and you have a possible recipe for an accident. In fact, over 10,000 people a year are badly injured by hot oil and boiling liquid cooking accidents.
Fueled by our own love for grilling and outdoor cooking, we came up with the concept of creating a fabric treatment that would revolutionize safety in the culinary world. We are introducing this technology here on Kickstarter with the creation of the MicroCool Apron, the ultimate protective cooking apron for the everyday backyard chef and grilling aficionado.
THE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND MicroCool
There are plenty of fabrics out there that repel liquids, but our MicroCool Apron repels HOT OIL and BOILING LIQUIDS, as well as being FIRE RETARDANT. Anyone who has been around oil knows that it absorbs into fabric incredibly fast. Now imagine HOT OIL, which has a much higher viscosity and absorption rate. The micro technology used on the MicroCool Apron actually disperses and repels heat from hot oil allowing protection at a time when every second counts.
OUR MICROCOOL APRON is so much more than an apron...
1. Treated with MicroLok technology. Our unique process provides for protection from hot oil and boiling liquids, and is fire retardant. Best of all, our technology is permanent, so it won't wash out.
2. It's made of durable denim. Just like your favorite blue jeans, our technology leaves our denim fabric soft, breathable, and comfortable to wear.
3. Rugged quality that is made to last. Our focus on function makes our cooking apron suitable for any backyard cook, or commercial restaurant chef.
4. 100% Made In America. Our entire manufacturing process from milling our fabric, to cut and construction is domestically produced.
5. It's manly! Being prudent is also manly, along with fire extinguishers, bike helmets, and life preservers. If we could have given our MicroCool Apron a hairy chest, we would have. Need we say more?
HELP US GET PRODUCTION STARTED
After months of researching, designing, and testing our micro thermal technology, we are finally ready to launch our first product, the MicroCool Apron. We need your help to fund our initial run of treated fabric and manufacture our aprons. In return for your support, we are offering a special discounted price of $85.00 to our first 200 supporters, and $95 to the Kickstarter community thereafter. Our MicroCool Apron will retail for $125.00.
This is just the beginning for MicroCool.
We're asking for the support of the Kickstarter community to help us take our technology to the world. Our plan is to eventually broaden our line of protective clothing to include gloves, leggings, sleeves and headgear. We will also introduce a line of culinary garments for the cooking and food preparation industry. We are currently working to enhance our fabric treatment technology to include antimicrobial properties that won't wash out, for the medical and meat preparation industries.
Reward levels range from MicroCool Aprons to an authentic Low Country Oyster Roast hosted by the founders. US shipping is included.
We guarantee you will love the quality and level of protection you receive from your MicroCool Apron. We want our apron to protect everyone, so if you require longer ties, just let us know and we can send you an extender kit to lengthen the ties.
We are 100% committed to making our apron in the USA using only domestic materials and labor.
PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please pass our story along to your friends. We will be forever thankful!
Special Thanks to The Dunder Chiefs for the use of their incredible song "Bye Bye to the Blues". You can find them here, http://thedunderchiefs.com.
Risks and challenges
1. We already have our testing complete. Our textile mill is ready to ship our denim and we can begin our thermal treatment process as soon as our funding is received.
2. Our manufacturing facility has many years experience sewing for national labels. They’re set up to take our orders, and we’re confident in their ability to produce and deliver the quality we require.
3. Delays and unforeseen obstacles are always possible. We find it extremely unlikely. That said, if for any reason we do experience anything unexpected, our community of supporters will be the first to be informed.
- (30 days)