Eco-Garden Planter Bags for Herbs, Fruits, Flowers & Veggies
Eco-Garden Planter Bags for Herbs, Fruits, Flowers & Veggies
Recycled. Stylish. Functional. Fun. Eco-Garden Bags make growing so easy - indoors or out, the future of sustainable urban gardening!
Recycled. Stylish. Functional. Fun. Eco-Garden Bags make growing so easy - indoors or out, the future of sustainable urban gardening! Read more
A lot of people tell us that they enjoy gardening but have a difficult time keeping their plants healthy and alive. We experienced a lot of the same frustrations. BloomBagz were created to give you the best growing advantage possible without having a ton of experience.
Using air-pruning and root trapping technology, these double layered breathable fabric bags will give you improved growing results compared to traditional plastic and ceramic grow pots. This ensures you don't experience root spiraling as seen in hard non-breathable containers.
Another problem people like you and I commonly experience is over watering. Many hard containers do not have proper drainage to prevent drowning, which causes dreaded root rot.
BloomBagz have stainless steel mesh grommets on the bottom and sides that keep your soil in, but make sure you don't over water your plants.
Another hurdle for people who love to grow is having the proper space to garden. BloomBagz make it possible to plant even if you're limited to a balcony, small patio, front step, or a window with sun. Bad weather coming? The sturdy handles make moving plants from outdoors to indoors easy, greatly extending your growing season.
Another amazing feature of BloomBagz is their easy care and storage. Plastic and ceramic containers can crack easily in cold weather. At the end of the season you're left with the "leaning-tower-of-pots."
BloomBagz are dishwasher and washing machine safe, and air dry quickly! At the end of the season just clean them out, fold them up and store them anywhere. Never again worry about the "Cracking and Stacking!"
BloomBagz aren't just functional ... We designed them to be a statement of self expression. Whether you're growing herbs, vegetables, or flowers, they'll brighten up any living space. BloomBagz showcase your style, and no matter where they are placed, will become instant conversation pieces.
Growing your own plants is fun, therapeutic, and good for the earth. But buying plastic containers doesn't make Mother Earth so happy. Not only did we want to prevent adding plastic into the eco-system, we also wanted to take plastic out. To achieve this we found a way to make our BloomBagz out of recycled plastic bottles. Each BloomBag diverts FIVE to TEN plastic bottles from landfills, waterways, oceans, and roadsides.
When you grow with BloomBagz you're taking a small, but real step towards minimizing plastic waste in the environment.
One of the biggest problems people face when growing, is the time needed for plant care. For people who have busy lives, just remembering to water can be difficult. That's why we developed the BloomBagz Self Watering Tray made from recycled materials.
1. An absorbent wick is placed into the water-filled tray and threaded through the removed screen of the grommet on the bag's base.
2. The absorbent wick is then coiled through the soil as you fill and plant your bag.
3. A re-purposed bottle filled with water is placed into the catch basin of the tray (much like a large jug used in office water coolers). Water will now be gravity fed into the tray as needed.
4. The absorbent wick draws water upwards from the tray to where it's needed. The beauty of a wick is that it acts like a straw for the plant to suck up only the water it needs to maintain a moist but not saturated root zone (picture a tiki torch which uses a wick drawing kerosene to fuel the flame).
5. The best part about this system is that it's easy and au naturale: no pumps or plugins, and its made from recycled material! If you see the water bottle is empty just remove and refill.....simple.
To build awareness for the product, we've set up Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter pages, something that we want to build on for the future so we can engage with our customers and create a mass garden following!
We've worked for two years to develop and refine our BloomBagz products. This past year was spent showcasing our ideas at farmer's markets and garden shows. During this time we got lots of great feedback and even won two awards for "Most Innovative Product of the Year!" This was all achieved with limited product runs and prototypes.
We know we have something special and want to bring it to the world. So here's a list of what we need to accomplish:
1. Meet cost effective minimum order quantities for full scale BloomBagz production.
2. Upgrade from test molds to production molds for Self-Watering Tray.
3. Refine, Print, and Produce our labels so they're more then just throw away packaging.
4. Prototyping new designs. We are already working on new innovations and designs ranging from a bag made for growing beans and peas, to bags made for hanging on your walls and fences.
In short, we really need your help so that BloomBagz can be a big part of the awesome and growing Urban Gardening movement. Here are the packages so that you can help us reach our goal, and we can all share some planting love!
Jesse and Erin Nelson are born-and-bred entrepreneurs having created multiple successful businesses, including their most recent endeavor- an awesome garden center. Austin West is a traveling fanatic, and even had his own T.V. show in China. He recently became obsessed with urban gardening and tries to make as many meals as possible with stuff he grows! The bear was just a photo-bomber....
Risks and challenges
Because we have already worked with our manufacturer on a small scale, we are very confident in their capability to deliver in the timetables we have set, and with a focus on quality.
For our self-watering system, we have gone through several prototypes and sample molds. The most time consuming process will be final refinement, and transitioning to a production mold.
We have been careful with our timelines so as not to over promise and under deliver. Our goal is to make sure that everyone who pledges receives their products AT LEAST before spring 2015.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)