THE SECOND PHASE:
Due to the overwhelming response and continued interest, we are creating a second wave funding for direct buyers on this project. This book we got funding for in the first round is ALREADY being put together and creators are still coming in with an extended deadline of June 15th for their work. We're making every effort for the book to be printed and delivered in time for San Diego Comic-Con, and people who buy from the first wave will get their books first. Those who buy in this second wave will STILL get access to exclusive perks as well as receive their books far ahead of the street date of October 2011 when it will arrive in comic shops. Shipping is included in the various tiers... So there's definitely an incentive to ordering through Kickstarter now rather than later! (Remember, funds are not deducted by Kickstarter until the end of the campaign).
JAPAN NEEDS HEROES is a comic book featuring numerous creative talent from both the Webcomic and Print comic worlds coming together for a common cause.
The book's theme will be about uplifting stories of hope and inspiration.
MORE REWARDS and LEVELS will be added as people come on and agree to more stuff. So feel free to give BIG, you might be surprised at what you get! And all pledges of $5 or more will include a downloadable version of the comic via comiXology!
More and more creative talents will be listed here as they confirm that they are on board. Some listed people may be subject to change, so check back often for updated roster of talent. Current creators include:
* Aaron Williams -- Nodwick, Full Frontal Nerdity, PS238, and South 40
* Ben Edlund -- The Tick
* Benny Powell & Weilin Yang -- Wayward Sons: Legends
* Bill Walko -- The Hero Business
* Brett Barkley -- Phantom Jack, Bulldog Drummond for Moonstone
* Brian J. Crowley -- Hamster Rage
* Brandon "Brando" Peterson -- Veteran Marvel artist including Ultimate Vision, Ultimate Extinction, Strange, Ultimate X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, Magneto Rex, X-Men, and Uncanny X-Men and more!
* Brion Foulke -- Flipside
* Chris Crosby & Owen Gieni -- Sore Thumbs
* Clay Mann -- Marvel artist (various), Titan Falls
* Cody Shaw -- Bibliography
* Cory Brown & Ran Brown -- The End
* Courtney Huddleston, Dale Mettam and Matt Keltner -- Luci Phurr's Imps, Decoy, Cemetery Street; Inspector Gadget & Johnny Test
* Darwyn Cooke -- Batman/The Spirit, Catwoman, DC: The New Frontier, The Spirit
* Dave Warren -- Selkie
* David Campiti -- Exposure
* Gar Molloy -- Neko The Kitty
* Genzoman -- Legendary Visions
* Howard Mackie -- Ghost Rider
* Jade Griffin -- Shards: Grimm Fairy Tales are Back
* Jason M. Burns -- The Dummy's Guide to Danger and The Expendable One
* Jazmin 'Jaz Kitty' Ruotolo -- Angel Trip Studios
* Jennifer Brazas -- Mystic Revolution
* Jennifer Mercer -- Jennifer Mercer Graphite Art
* Jenny Sargent and Rob Haines -- Generation Minus One
* Jesse Norton, Koga Sato & Studio Members -- Humouring the Fates
* Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner -- Painkiller Jane, Jonah Hex, Power Girl, etc... and Listen to Jimmy
* Jinky Coranado -- Banzai Girl
* Kat Klockow -- The Nine Lives of Maggie Monroe
* Ken Anthony II -- Artistic License Studio
* Ken Johnson -- Velica
* Kez - War of Winds
*Larry Hama -- G.I. Joe, Wolverine, 'Nam and more
* Mark McKenna -- Banana Tail
* Mike Deodato -- Jade Warriors, New Avengers, Thor, Avengers, Wonder Woman and much more...
* Peter David -- Hulk, X-Factor, Young Justice, Supergirl, and more...
* Rae Baade -- Overlord of Ravenfell
* Rob Haines & Jenny Sargent -- Generation Minus One
* Robbie "Leezard" and Sarrah "Nightlyre" Wilkinson -- Planes of Eldlor
* Scott Story -- Johnny Saturn
* Tarol Hunt -- Goblins
* Tayler Bryan -- Bad Luck and After Death
* Tracy Bailey -- Luci Phurr's Imps and Catena Manor
NOTE -- All of the profits for this book will go to benefit the victims affected by the tragedy in Japan. As per Kickstarter Regulations please understand that this is NOT a charity fund-raiser or awareness campaign, but you are buying PRODUCTS. The fact that we give our profits to The Japan Society does not make this a charitable organization nor a charity event. You are buying the creative BOOKS, T-SHIRTS, ETC. ;-)
ALSO NOTE -- Creators are subject to change, but usually in the "addition" category of things, so keep watching as more and more creators come on board. NEW DEADLINE for creators is June 15th! Contact RedGiantComics@aol.com to join in if you are a comics creator!!!
- (90 days)