Miners R Us - Family Friendly Minecraft!
Miners R Us - Family Friendly Minecraft!
Ever had problems with swearing on Minecraft servers? Come join Miners R Us! We don't tolerate bad language! Friendly members/staff!
Ever had problems with swearing on Minecraft servers? Come join Miners R Us! We don't tolerate bad language! Friendly members/staff! Read more
Hello, and thank you for taking the time for reading my Kickstarter Project. I am Kenson Martz, aka kcmartz in Minecraft. I am here today with a project that I think you might be interested in. A 100% family friendly Minecraft server.
If you do not have an Minecraft account, but you know someone who does, you can put in their username for a surprise reward when the server is up! (Just make sure to tell them about this project if they do not already know about it!)
Family friendly Minecraft servers can be very difficult to find, since most servers don't have plugins to prevent swearing, which most families don't want their younger children hearing or even just seeing online. That's where Miners R Us will step in --- We will have an very advanced anti-swearing plugin, that blocks 95% of the bad language (it is not 100% preventable online, of course), and we will have grief prevention tools, as well as tools to rollback (fix) griefing, if it ever happens. That's what the Miners R Us staff, and the members of Gaming Nation Forums (multigaming, family friendly forum) will do our very best to do.
Miners R Us is a play on Toys R Us, and Toys R Us is a family store with games of all sorts, which is what we hope to do in the future. If we can get this server funded, we can add both a Peaceful and hard survival world. Peaceful has no mobs like Zombies and Creepers, for those who don't like to have those in their Minecraft worlds, but we also have a separate world that will have those mobs enabled for those who do like to have Zombies and Creepers visiting them all over the world.
The plugins we will use are:
- Essentials --- Provides features like /home for quick teleportation to their home instead of having to travel back, just in case it is a far distance, for example.
- Towny --- Allows members to build a town and invite members to live in their town, including rent, and taxes! (all with completely free, earnable in-game money.)
- LogBlock and GriefPrevention --- These two plugins help rollback (fix and undo) griefs, and help to prevent them in the first place.
- (Normal Chat for members) Staff Chat plugin to separate Member and private staff discussions.
- Vanishing --- Allows staff members to follow and track possible hackers, and griefers, hopefully stopping them before they get too far. When a staff member is vanished, nobody will be able to see them, except for other staff. Staff can see each other if they are vanished, but they will not appear on the online list, to help hide them even more from the bad players that will join for sure. We use this to help prevent these from happening in the first place.
- ModReq --- Allows members to request a Moderator/Administrator for their help, to investigate griefs, get help protecting their house, and whatever else comes on their mind.
- PwnFilter --- With a custom filter built by EpicATrain, it will prevent around 95% or so of bad language, even including variations of bad words like repeating letters, or replacing 'u' with 'v' and more! This plugin also allows us to create custom commands for the staff to use, and possibly some fun commands for the members!
If you are able to contribute, that would be much appreciated, even if you do not have Minecraft, then you can be added to a list on our official website when we get the server running letting everyone know you contributed. If you have a website, as long as it is G rated (Family friendly) we could link to your website as a sponsor getting our server going.
If you do have Minecraft and want to contribute, please post your Minecraft Username with it's case-sensitive letters (notch VS Notch or NoTch, etc.)
I have administrated a server before, and am already preparing the server privately. I have uploaded the files to the host, but I am still working with a friend to build more of the server to make it look nicer! He is doing this free of charge, because he likes to help out his friends. I will just need to publish the connection address (IP or subdomain) when we are ready for the public to connect!
The minimum funds will cover One Year of the server without extra funds, which is what we are hoping to get covered to keep it going without worrying month-to-month.
Risks and challenges
There are risks and challenges, like all projects. These include bad players that will have to be muted (unable to chat), to warned, then kicked, then banned if they do not follow the rules that we have set up.
Some challenges we will face no doubt, are getting lots of members to join and keep everyone entertained, which is our goal! Other challenges might come into effect when there are no Staff online, but we hope to get some staff members to be on at different times, in different time-zones and countries, to keep it as staffed as possible.
Some possible challenges after we are funded can include keeping it funded after the first year, but this can hopefully be remedied by using a service called Buycraft, which automatically processes donations without any interaction on our part, so we can focus on keeping all our members happy!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)