So we finally have the last of the dice made for yall. The last handful of orders will be shipping out no later than Monday the 30th, so keep an eye on your inbox for your tracking numbers. It's been a hell of a long ride, and I appreciate everyone hanging in there. This project was a huge learning experience for me and the rest of the Artisan Dice crew. Thanks to yall's support, Artisan Dice went from a small weekend project to a full on business in no time flat. To that end we've been going like gang busters for the past year and a half with more 70+ hour weeks than I care to count.
Since we are wrapping things up how about some facts and figures for this project?
- We had 1,131 backers
- Raised $91,542
- Total dice made was roughly 8,000 - 10,000
- Total cost of the project was roughly $142,000
- Purple Heart was BY FAR the most popular wood. Bloodwood, and Jack Daniels, were near enough tied for second.
And with that, I am pleased to note that this will be the last update for this Kickstarter project. We've got every last die made and ready to ship, we need to make 2 more Kauri boxes on Monday when the parts get here to fix the Banshee (our new CNC router we use to make boxes) as we broke the coupler and ball screw assembly.
Broken Coupler/Ball Screw Assembly on the Banshee's Z Axis
Bois de Rose ready to ship
And last but not least, a change in plans. When David was doing the final tally to ensure we did not miss anything, we came up short on the AWBCS sets. Since I can't get more of some of those woods as they are incredibly hard to source, we elected to come up with a different collector's set as a replacement. That set is the Burl Woods Collector's Set you see above. It comes with the following woods.
Which as you can see, have been engraved on the inside of the lid as per yall's suggestion. So if you do not have your ABWCS already, one of these will be in the mail to you tomorrow.
For those of you that are having issues with the last round of ABWCS boxes, I do apologize. We will get new boxes made for you and sent out ASAP. From looking at the photos, it appears that the walls were a bit thicker than I designed the box for, which lead to some of the dice getting stuck. I'll make sure the side wall are the correct thickness in the replacement boxes, and that will alleviate the issue.
Thanks again for everyone's support. I know this project drug on way longer that was ever intended, but as I freely admit, I had no clue what I was getting into when I launched this project so I did a ton of stuff the wrong way to begin with. A year and a half later, I'd like to think that I have a much better grasp on the whole dice making thing.
So on behalf of myself and the Artisan Dice crew, I'd like to once again, thank each and everyone of our backers. I am well aware of the fact, that without yall, the 4 of us would not have the awesome jobs we do now.