About this project
We joined the Greenlight community to get access to distribution through Steam. Fortunately, 12 is Better Than 6 reached 3,000 votes in 4 days when it was Greenlit!
12 Is Better Than 6 is a dynamic top-down kill-everyone shooter with stealth elements, presented in a Wild West theme. The action takes place in 1873 – the noon of lawless and cruelty all over North America. The main hero was wrongfully incarcerated, and he's now trying to escape at all cost so that he can get his revenge.
It’s easier to show you what the game is all about, so how about you download the pre-alpha build for 12 Is Better Than 6 by clicking the button below?
You can now download the NEW pre-alpha Rat King Perk Level by clicking on the button below!
Now you can download a NEW Pre-Alpha build showcasing the Double Shooting Perk!
- Platforms: PC, Mac, and Linux
- Release date: March 2016
- Gameplay time: Around 6-8 hours for the main storyline (plus side quests and extra content available after launch).
- Languages: English, Spanish, Russian, German, French and Korean.
To be judged by 12 means that you get to go to court where you’ll be judged by a jury of 12 people who will decide your fate.
To be carried by 6 is to be dead. Why? You see, it is common for 6 people to carry a coffin (3 people on each side) to and from the hearse.
Our hero would rather kill someone and go to jail for it than be killed and have to be buried.
It is 1873. An escaped slave is slowly walking through the desert, making his way from Mexico to Texas. He keeps a revolver close and is wearing the sombrero stolen from a dead man.
Five years. He can remember the last five years of his life. He remembers himself being worked to death, dragging trolleys in a mine.
Memories of the whistling whips of slave-drivers, the thunder of all the shots fired and the cries of dying slaves are deep in his mind. It is as if he had lived his entire life on that mine among killers, thieves and debtors.
As the escaped slave rolls up the sleeve on his left arm, a tattoo of an Aztec deity stares back at him. The deity is smiling. Seems that today might be a good day. After breaking the skulls of the slave-drivers and taking their weapons, he sets out on a new journey.
He wants to forget, but he'll probably never forgive. It is time to start a new life... or at least that is his intention. But there seems to be a problem. Someone is following his tracks, and it seems that the local headhunters are looking at him funny with every step he takes. Will he find any friends in this harsh weather or will he run into new enemies that want to cash in the bounty on his head?
Join our hero on his journey and find the answers to these and other questions. Help him eradicate his enemies so that he can one day find the peace he so desperately seeks.
Make the most of your time with 12 is Better Than 6. Visit the towns on your path and interact with NPC to learn more about the area. Take to finding hidden treasures in the middle of nowhere. Rob trains, protect the innocents, collude with Sheriffs, and eradicate the gangs. Find out how long you can endure against the whole world… you might then understand why 12 is always better than 6.
“...it really does look beautiful. Black, white and red all over.”
- Unique shooting mechanics – You’ll need to cock the revolver with one trigger before being able to shoot by pressing another trigger. Shooting in 12 Is Better Than 6 will keep you on your toes. One false move and you’ll be overrun in an instant.
- A challenging game – Your abilities and reflexes will be pushed to the limit. Bullets are deadly, your enemies don’t think twice before firing, and they rarely miss.
- A beautiful art style – The game is drawn by hand with pen and paper to create an interesting visual experience.
- Choose your own play style – You don't have to go all guns blazing. You can definitely choose to take a more stealthy approach to surprise your enemies, or even just sneak straight past them. You can complete almost the entire game without being noticed!
- An enthralling and long story – Live through the journey of an escaped Mexican prisoner fighting for survival and freedom in the 1870's in the United States. Above all, it’s a story about people, their lives, and how these people tried to forge their own little heaven in a violent, yet hopeful, New World.
- Environments – Real places and towns, the spirit of the desert and the most desperate bandidos of the district will help you to plunge into the breathing and cruel world of the Wild West. Visit Austin, San Antonio, Albuquerque, and Huston. You'll find cheap saloons and expensive cabaret, Indian colonies and traveling caravans. But don't you worry, you'll find trouble in every of this places!
- Authentic weapons – We'll use only great weapons in the game. Winchesters, double-barreled guns, revolvers and Gatling guns will gladly help you to destroy your enemies. And we also have a special and crazy one: a RAT with dynamite. After throwing a rat it will run to your enemies by itself.
- Upgrades – These will help our hero stay alive through the Wild West hell. You'll find breastplates that will have a 50% chance to deflect some bullets, a fast recharging skill that will allow the hero to insert 2 bullets at once, extreme accuracy (less spread for your shots), being able to kill an enemy in stealth without attracting the unwanted attention of his friends, and more!
- Friends – Meet some old friends of the main character when travelling through the cities. But will they work as your allies or did they change during the last five years?
- DRM-Free & Steam version – Backers will receive both a DRM-Free version and a Steam code for the game!
We found a lot of like-minded people during the development of the game. One of those enthusiastic individuals is our kind friend musician Ivan Rechetnev who, along with the team of composers as JOHN R1SE and Exaige, coped with the task to combine Western melodies, Mexican notes and modern music into 12 is Better Than 6.
We are very proud of our soundtrack and we are sure that we can continue to improve on it if you help us with your support!
You can find examples of the soundtrack on Soundcloud:
“...excellent soundtrack, and the tactical stealth/action gameplay is well implemented.”
The team has been working on the game for one and a half years now, and over that time they took it from concept to a pre-alpha demo which is available for you to test right now.
The game is planned initially for PC, Mac and Linux, though we would love to expand to other platforms depending on our final budget!
While developing the game, we had to cope with several difficulties such as choosing our own visual style or working on the game to make the gameplay more interesting. But the biggest part of problems have already been solved, and we have a development plan to finish 12 is Better Than 6 once you've helped us to fund this Kickstarter.
We are currently about half way through development, with a lot of features already in place.
The most important thing for us is to make you feel the atmosphere of Wild West, which is why we're working hard on the details.
We feel confident that the game will remain on schedule and that we'll be able to provide access to the Alpha and Beta versions for 12 is Better Than 6 to those of you who decide to back us at the corresponding reward tiers... or higher!
This is the project we desperately want to make, but we can’t do it without your interest and support.
Our goal with this campaign is to raise enough funds to allow us to focus full-time on developing 12 is Better Than 6 and, depending on how well this Kickstarter does, increase the scope of the game and add even more features.
A Kickstarter campaign is also a unique opportunity to connect with our potential fan base, and most importantly, to gain the valuable feedback that will enable us to make the game people truly want to play! A game is always a dialogue between the author and the consumer. We don’t want to put additional walls between the two parties!
We've managed to create a playable pre-alpha for 12 Is Better Than 6, but this game cannot be made without your support. If you decide to help us, we will be able to finish the game and give you a very fun Wild West experience.
If we reach the stretch goals we’ve set for this Kickstarter campaign we’ll be able to expand the game and include more levels, more enemies and new multiplayer modes for Co-Op, opening the door for deathmatch and team deathmatch! The more funds we can get, the bigger and better we can make 12 Is Better Than 6.
The core of our team consists of three people: a programmer, an artist and a level designer.
I've enjoyed creating my own maps for games like Warсraft III and Heroes of Might and Magic II since I was a child.
In my final year of college before graduation, I realized that the knowledge I had gained there was useless - no one needed it, and it was purely mathematical. Fortunately, I had the idea to apply this knowledge in other areas of my life. I started by creating procedural special effects (like explosions, liquid mechanics, lightning, and splintering) solely for my own enjoyment. I really liked creating impressive effects out of mathematical equations. Painters create with brushes, programmers use mathematics, so why not use that for something that can be fun for others?
I've been writing since I was 14 years old, so that's how I became a screenwriter and level designer. To build your own town piece by piece, to create a story for your town – it's a great source of joy for those who, like me, have been imagining their own worlds since they first played with building blocks and toy soldiers. Now with 12 is Better Than 6 I get to see other people enjoy the designs I have created. How cool is that?
Drawing was always my passion, but the manifestations of this love were just sketches in a notebook. But then, one of these sketches became the idea for 12 Is Better Than 6.
I was inspired by westerns with Clint Eastwood, especially «The Good, the Bad and the Ugly» (a classic!). The main character of our game shares some elements with Tuco, one of the main characters of this film.
My favorite games in the Western genre are Call of Juarez, Desperados and Sunset Riders.
Risks and challenges
We have every intention of releasing the game on March 2016, but as everyone knows, when developing a game there are always unexpected situations that might delay the release. But you can rest assured that we will do our best to complete the game as soon as possible, and to let you know as soon as we know there might be a delay on the release. You're helping us make 12 Is Better Than 6 become a reality, and we're very thankful for your support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)