Fainting Goat Games is crowdfunding a 5 issue series of quick, frantic and fun mini-scenarios for the ICONS roleplaying game.
They will be titled Improbable Tales and will be ideal for a quick evening's entertainment or to drop as a set-piece into a longer adventure. Each mini-scenario contains art, maps, antagonists and tips on running the adventure.
Improbable Tales will be published both as pdf e-books and as a printed volume that collects all 5 adventures.
Improbable Tales is written by Mike Lafferty (who wrote the Battlescenes Adventures for Vigilance Press) and Chris McGroarty (who wrote Gangbusters for Adamant Entertainment) with the invaluable assistance of our Chief Editor (and videographer) Kristen Perkins.
Art is by Adrian Smith of Mesozoic Press, Dan Houser, Line Artist for the ICONS RPG, Jacob Blackman and Scott Harshbarger. Jon Gibbons will be kicking in character images for contributors as well as providing art for future releases.
- Day of the Swarm: Massive ants terrorize the city! But who is the mysterious figure guiding their rampage?
- Primal Power: A super-intelligent ape is on the loose in the countryside. His goal: vengeance against humanity!
- Vampires of Red Square: The undead are storming the Kremlin! Russia teeters on the brink of chaos - the call goes out worldwide for heroes to stand against the bloodsucking legions!
- Aqua-Zombies of the Kriegsmarine: The heroes have been contracted to retrieve a powerful artifact lost 65 years ago in a sunken Nazi U-boat. But something evil has been waiting all those years on the ocean floor...
- The Golden Robots of Dr. Warp: The heroes are called upon to storm the HQ of a time-travelling mad scientist, Dr Warp.
The TBD Slots
If we meet our funding goal in time, we will open up a TBD slot - a 6th Improbable Tales adventure that will be nominated and voted upon by everyone who donated at or above the $12 level. After that, a new adventure will be 'unlocked' for every $150 that is raised beyond the initial funding goal
***FAINTING GOAT LOGOS for Shot Glass or T-shirt***
- (37 days)