Domestic fantasies meet sci-fi reality in our adaptation of Jonathan Lethem's bestselling short story.
Domestic fantasies meet sci-fi reality in our adaptation of Jonathan Lethem's bestselling short story. Read more
ABOUT THE STORY
The only thing standing in between Ted and the life he wants is... rush hour. He's been stuck in traffic for countless months. Still no sign of movement. He's one of the many living out of their cars. On the horizon - only more overpasses.
Welcome to the spectacular world of "Access Fantasy", based on Jonathan Lethem's bestselling short story. Clogged freeways have become a new suburbia for the underprivileged - only the rich can afford refuge in Apartment/Shopping complexes. The only immediate hope? Looming zeppelins that roam the freeways, selecting commuters from the traffic to "Advertise" goods and services to the wealthy.
But this work can come at a price...
A visually striking story about two separate worlds - and a man who discovers just how far he's willing to go in order to live the "good life".
PLEASE JOIN US
We have a strict budget in place. We're committed to get the most out of every dollar you pledge so we've used our collective knowledge and contacts to make sure we're only spending money where we absolutely have to. Each dollar contributed will go to...
- Needed camera gear
- Location usage and insurance
- Props, costumes and set design
- Food for the crew
- Compensation for technicians and local support staff
- Festival entrance fees
- Printing and shipping some of the rewards
- Editing, music and film finishing
We will not be spending money on computers or screens or fancy phones or eccentric scarves and bullhorns. We have all that already. And after putting a year into prepping the visuals, the design, the crew and the very strict budget we only need your contribution - big or small - to bring everything together for our 4 day shoot!
- Find us on Facebook and Twitter! Website coming soon! http://www.facebook.com/AccessFantasy & https://www.twitter.com/AccessFantasy
- What medium are you shooting in? We'll be shooting digitally on a state of the art Red camera.
- What happens after this is shot? We edit it, enter it into festivals, put it online and begin steps developing the feature!
- I love this project! Technically, that's not a question - but THANKS! So do we and we feel privileged to work with so many highly-experienced professionals who feel the same way. Most importantly - we feel privileged with the opportunity to work with YOU on this project - because you guys are truly the one who will make it possible.
- Script available upon request! Please email email@example.com
Risks and challenges
This is an ambitious film. Here are some of our main two challenges and how we plan to address them...
CREATING THE WORLD OF FREEWAYS
This was our first concern when shooting the test footage. We made sure to engage our gifted vfx artists early on so they could advise us how to shoot this in an inexpensive and effective way. We learned a lot creating that test footage and made lasting relationships with the owners of the locations used. We intend to put all those lessons and relationships to good use!
CREATING THE WORLD OF THE MALLS
Since completing the test footage, we have been scouting and capturing interior and exterior footage of structures in both Los Angeles and Tokyo. That footage is currently being cataloged by our vfx artists and camera departments in order to transform an otherwise simple location into a spectacular and surreal shopping environment.
THERE WILL BE OTHER CHALLENGES, OF COURSE
Our greatest asset is our attitude. It's been over a year of prep and hard work - and we're all still in love with this story. Quite simply, we will do whatever it takes to honor your contribution with a film we all will be proud of.
- (30 days)