About this project
Two high-level oil executives, separated by two continents, are being drawn together by an undefined movement, as they attempt to take the future of energy into their own hands. Jon Hill is an executive security agent for a global oil company in the U.S. investigating several recent abductions linked to the oil industry. Ernesto Sandoval is a research scientist for an oil company in Venezuela, independently investigating the disappearance of his son. Both men have been conducting clandestine renewable energy research in direct conflict with their infinitely powerful industry. Unbeknown to them, each is what the other is looking for.
Jon and his wife Barb, living in suburban Pennsylvania, deal with a dark and steady drifting apart brought on by the recent death of their son. Their gifted and complex daughter Laurie is a soccer sensation. However, the loss of her younger brother and a devastating sports injury cause her to question the purpose of her pursuits. Ernesto, in Venezuela, teeters on insanity in an obsessive search for his missing son. Coupled with the political fallout surrounding Jon and Ernesto’s covert research and the collapse of their emotional foundations, both families attempt to regain balance in their everyday lives. In the background, the fate of civilization’s future energy infrastructure looms.
There is one common bond that every country, culture, theology and government can rally around: the future of human civilization. The heroes of our story are scientists, engineers and executives; individuals with the foresight and courage to address the security of future generations. The energy that powers our civilizations' infrastructure is the key to this future. The main characters’ personal struggles both within and peripheral to this idea are the impetus for “Convergence.”
• The paranormal and federal justice aspects
• Ability to bring cinematic production value to television
• Global, political & corporate ties to energy and the oil industry
• Concept of connecting multiple, character-based story lines
• Intense character development
Six Feet Under
• Interconnecting complex, interesting characters based on everyday life
With the rise of on-line video, social media and cable TV, the series medium has become a growing and proven platform for independent film making. On the strength of this 30-minute pilot episode for "Convergence," our aim is to establish the viewership and momentum necessary to secure funding for Season 1 and beyond.
Our team has created and produced hundreds of videos for the web and many for broadcast. In 2013, we produced “BLACK,” a successful web-based series, featuring Mikal Vega (TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, GRIMM, TRANSFORMERS: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, G.I. JOE: RETALIATION).
In 2014 we secured funding and are in production for “BLACK” Season Two. We have also produced several award-winning short films since 2008.
Risks and challenges
Because our story is character-driven, it will require a tremendous amount of time to ensure we have consistency in performance across the board. The bilingual, multicultural aspect of the story increases that challenge.
Our initial goal for this Kickstarter is $30,000 for which we will produce a slightly abbreviated version of the pilot episode (don't worry, it'll still be awesome :-). We have a stretch goal of $45,000 with which we will be capable of completing the full 40-minute pilot.
Another difficulty with the making of Episode 1 and reaching our goal through Kickstarter is that you, our 'audience,' does not yet know the "Convergence" story or characters. Asking people to support something they haven't seen before is a huge challenge. We are confident in the story, our crew and our passion for the project and are excited to have others join us on this journey!
THE FINE PRINT
• For those of you visiting our set, we will keep you updated so you can plan ahead to visit us.
• If you become an extra or receive a cast credit, you must be a US citizen or have a valid US work visa.
• You must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to visit the set as a production assistant or extra.
• If you are appearing in the film, you will have to sign a release.
• The 90-second video includes a 1-day, 2-camera shoot within 50 miles of Chicago. Contact us for additional details and limitations.
• This fundraising campaign is all subject to applicable Kickstarter rules/regulations, movie guild rules and applicable law. if any of this conflicts, we will work with you in good faith to give you a substitute reward.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (34 days)