CAKE&WHISKEY ~ The Sweet & Spirited World of Business
CAKE&WHISKEY ~ The Sweet & Spirited World of Business
CAKE&WHISKEY magazine ~ The Sweet & Spirited World of Business. Launching Print and Digital formats in the Spring of 2013
CAKE&WHISKEY magazine ~ The Sweet & Spirited World of Business. Launching Print and Digital formats in the Spring of 2013 Read more
About this project
How CAKE&WHISKEY Makes a Difference
CAKE&WHISKEY is a quarterly magazine devoted to women in all stages of their business journey. CAKE&WHISKEY aspires to motivate and spark women to dream bigger, reach higher, and achieve greater things. For the modern woman, successful navigation of today’s business landscape requires mastering the fine art of cake and whiskey. When a woman balances strength and spirit with a passion to share in life’s sweet indulgences, she can achieve great success in working to fulfill her dreams and live a balanced, fulfilling life.
CAKE&WHISKEY will provide current, engaging, provocative and sophisticated perspectives into the modern business world with in-depth interviews conducted over a slice of cake and glass of whiskey, articles written for diverse interests, stunning photography and creative design. We seek to become the leading business magazine for today's woman and a trusted partner for organizations and companies that promote female participation, growth and leadership in business.
Whether a recent college graduate looking for her first job, a corporate executive climbing the ladder or an entrepreneur looking to start or expand a small business, we believe that all women have a valuable story to share and we want to share these stories with readers.
What you can expect in an issue of CAKE&WHISKEY
· Main Feature: Recognizable business woman achieving success with a balanced life
· Social Media
· Cultural Business Challenges
· 3 Generations: Three generations of women in a family business.
· Marketing: Best marketing strategies, innovative branding and packaging
· Life as a Mompreneur
· Workplace Communication
· Shopping guide for women in business
· Setting Goals
· Beyond the Desk: Charitable efforts by business women
· Self Confidence/Inner Beauty
· The Answer Man
· Cake recipe
Whiskey drink recipe
· Personal Challenge
Why you should help fund CAKE&WHISKEY magazine
CAKE&WHISKEY started as a business women’s hobnob group founded by Megan Smith with the desire to introduce smart business women to each other over delicious cake, strong whiskey drinks with a bit of shop talk in between. Megan couldn’t let the concept of CAKE&WHISKEY stop there. With her work as a freelance writer for multiple publications and her ability to tap into the experience of mentors and editors, the idea for a business women’s magazine was brewing. Within weeks, she was taking two of her most respected business gals out to share the dream. They caught the vision…and came on board….CAKE&WHISKEY magazine was born.
Over the past months, we have created what we know to be a relatable, beautiful, thoughtful magazine for business women around the globe. We have had the privilege of connecting with some of the best women in their respective industries to provide engaging and inspiring content within the pages of CAKE&WHISKEY magazine. With the availability of both print and digital publications, CAKE&WHISKEY will reach women around the globe, either on the go at a busy subway terminal or at the end of the day curled up with a cup of tea and a quilt.
What’d you say? You want to be a part?
All money raised will go toward start-up costs associated with CAKE&WHISKEY: first issue printing costs, digital formatting, design and distribution.
This is a launch campaign. Once the magazine progresses, it will move toward a fully funded business with advertising backing and subscription fees to sustain the magazine long term. The 96 page magazine will be printed quarterly, and will also be available digitally, including a fully interactive web platform.
· $4 Donation: One time online subscription
· $25 Donation: One-year online subscription to CAKE&WHISKEY magazine
· $50-$100 Donation: One-year print and online subscription to CAKE&WHISKEY magazine
· $250 Donation: One-year digital and print subscription and a CAKE&WHISKEY start-up kit to host a CAKE&WHISKEY gathering in your city (coming spring 2013)
· $500 Donation: One-year print and online subscription plus a permanent “Thank You” mention on CAKE&WHISKEY magazine’s website as a supporter.
· $1000 Donation: One-year print and online subscription, first issue signed copy of CAKE&WHISKEY magazine and mention in a 2013 print issue as a supporter.
· $5000 Donation: One-year print and online subscription, first issue signed copy of CAKE&WHISKEY magazine, mention a the 2013 print issue as a supporter and a special gift from CAKE&WHISKEY headquarters to be mailed to your home or business.
· $10,000 Donation: Lifetime subscription to CAKE&WHISKEY magazine plus a first issue signed copy of CAKE&WHISKEY magazine, mention in a 2013 print issue as a supporter and a 2 night stay in Lexington, Kentucky for the CAKE&WHISKEY launch party in the spring of 2013.
Other ways to help CAKE&WHISKEY magazine succeed
Help spread the word about CAKE&WHISKEY magazine. Share the link to our landing page, sign up on our mailing list and tell your friends through social media avenues and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (25 days)