In 2015 Bright Light and fans Kickstarted Mixtape Massacre, the ultimate horror board game where up to 6 players prowl the streets of Tall Oaks dispatching victims, racking up body counts, and eliminating their fellow slashers in an epic battle to prove who’s the baddest of the brood.
Fast forward to 2017. With Mixtape Massacre available to the masses, why stop now? Let’s keep the body count rising.
Bright Light is thrilled to introduce, the fan-demanded expansion: Mixtape Massacre: The Black Masque
What is Mixtape Massacre: The Black Masque?
3 years ago, the Town of Tall Oaks was the site of one of the bloodiest crime scenes in recorded history. Headlines dubbed it, The Black Masque, for the dark nature of the murders and the rumor of costumed assailants. Little did they know how appropriate that name would become.
The body count was so high that it served as an invitation for Death itself.
Not to be outdone by freaks in masks, Death has arrived at the borders of Tall Oaks. And it’s come to show the town, victim or victimizer…
DEATH COMES FOR US ALL.
The Black Masque brings to Mixtape Massacre a main adversary, as well as other new enemies, challenges, and of course, more fun.
- Do battle with Death in hopes of diffusing Death cards from over taking the board and ending the game with no winner.
- Draw Challenge cards forcing you to to roll the new Challenge Dice vying for a kill, but sometimes activating other troubles.
- Activate the new 'A-Bit of an Event' cards which can change the rules, add side missions, introduce new enemies, and more for rounds at a time.
- Alternate Rules of Play i.e. using the Challenge Dice during Brawls to defend yourself, or using the Challenge Dice to Resurrect yourself when dead and more.
These components and more are packed into the expansion bringing with it more gameplay, and of course, more horror, gore, and wonderful eighties nostalgia to keep you laughing while you’re slashing.
What's in the box?
- (2) Challenge Dice - Enter Kills, Unlock Events, and Revive Yourself
- (30) Death Pegs - Keep track as Death leaves it's mark on you
- (20) Killer Scenes, Dude Cards - New Death Cards, Challenge Cards, and more Victims (All custom illustrated)
- (10) A-Bit of An Event Cards - Situations arise bigger than the game itself (All custom illustrated)
- (10) Bonus Tracks - To help balance out some of the new obstacles
- (1) Rulebook - New rules and new troubles await
- (2) Reference Cards - Quick reference for dice combos and special abilities
And even more can be added with stretch goals...
We have some awesome plans for stretch goals that'll help grow our game even more! Check out what we have in store below and if we hit these marks in our campaign these items will be included into every copy of your expansion.
ALL STRETCH GOALS UNLOCKED:
Check out the different Pledge Levels offered during the campaign:
Shipping will be calculated separately after the Kickstarter campaign ends based on actual shipping costs and will be collected via Backerkit. This allows us to charge shipping fairly for all backers and avoid a 'one size fits all' thought process for shipping.
Below are shipping estimates for the different pledge levels we're offering based upon regions. Again, these are just estimates. Costs may rise due to weight increases as more items are unlocked via stretch goals and add-on purchases you may choose to add. This will be calculated by Backerkit after backer surveys are turned in, post-Kickstarter Campaign.
These ranges cover the smallest pledge, just the Expansion, up to the largest pledge, The Whole Bloody Affair, both games with all the swag.
- US - $4 - $20 shipping (depending on package)
- CAN - $6 - $25 shipping (depending on package)
- EU - $6 - $55 shipping (depending on package)
- AUS - $6 - $55 shipping (depending on package)
- NZ - $6 - $55 shipping (depending on package)
We've received a lot of love, compliments, and high-fives from fans, critics, and the horror and movie community. Here are just a few of those comments.
Looking to add some additional goodies to your pledge?
We are Bright Light, an award winning digital design agency. We are compiled of a tight knit team of designers, developers, creators, and insomniacs who love what we do and are passionate about each project we take on. Design is in our DNA. In a combined 30 plus years of experience, we have had the pleasure of working with clients ranging from start-ups to fortune 500’s and everything in between.
We’re also avid horror film fanatics, art junkies, hardcore gamers, and last but not least… 80’s kids.
We've been grateful to have had the opportunity to bring Mixtape Massacre to life. We truly hope to keep it alive for fans with The Black Masque and even more to come!
Risks and challenges
With this being our second Kickstarter, we will be using many of the lessons we’ve learned from our past experience to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible for our backers.
We are working with our new manufacturer, Panda Games, to ensure we create the best expansion possible. We instill our full trust in them, as we’ve worked with them for the second run of our base game, Mixtape Massacre and couldn't be happier with how smooth and easy the process has been. And once again we will be using ShipNaked to fulfill all rewards to their rightful backers.
We will communicate all updates on our project in a timely manner as your trust in us is very important. We want to make sure you get the best product possible and have the best time playing it.
We are very grateful for each of the backers we’ve had in our prior Kickstarter and look forward to welcoming any new ones for our expansion.
Happy slashing!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)