About this project
Beta Sector is an area of space far distant from our current solar system. Hundreds of years from now, this area has been both explored and colonized by human and alien races. Pirates, smugglers, militaries (some friendly, some fiercely protective of their domains) and civilizations both primitive and advanced abound in Beta Sector. Full of wondrous sights, discoveries, and riches beyond the imagination, Beta Sector is also called "home" by those who would quickly dispatch trespassers and would-be adventurers who make a single miscalculation.
Master of the Void takes place during a period known as the Great Galactic War, a nearly ten-year struggle between the peaceful worlds of the Unified Collaboration of Systems and the destructive Kafaran Empire. Based on Jules Verne's epic classic, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Master of the Void will be a modern retelling, with 20kL's thematic essentials unraveled and rewoven together with elements specific to the Beta Sector universe to create a unique, grand adventure taking new and engaging characters across the stars and beyond.
Like my other science fiction novels, select backers of this campaign will have the opportunity to have a character (either a major or minor one) named after them. They're not going to just read an adventure; they're going to be a part of it!
As an exclusive to the backers, hardcover editions of Master of the Void will only be available through the Kickstarter, so get them here while you can!
With this campaign, we're also looking for a few writers who want to get their names out there and are willing to add their own creations to my novels. Short stories submitted to us will be reviewed, edited (with your guidance and approval), and placed at the end of Master of the Void or other upcoming titles as a separate work. See the Story Submission perk for more details.
Between 2010 and 2014, I wrote a series of novels taking place in Beta Sector. The Kestrel Saga, available on Amazon, was both well received and reviewed. As I began to close that adventure, I discovered that there were many more stories to tell, and from a plethora of different perspectives. Master of the Void is one such adventure.
I've also fully outlined a number of other stories I would like to turn into novels to help flesh out Beta Sector. Each one is an adventure unto itself, some using preexisting characters, and other outlines dealing with entirely new casts and new locations in my universe. Stretch goals to this campaign will get these future novels published and into your hands.
I pride myself on the level of communication I give to my backers. Anyone who has backed a previous campaign knows how accessible I am, either in responding to Kickstarter messages, personal emails, or Facebook messages within 24 hours of the request (oftentimes within 10-15 minutes). Creators like me are here for you, as you're the reason our projects exist in the first place.
All backers will receive the revised digital edition of The Army of Light before it is released on Amazon this fall. Backers donating to the Digital 4-pack, or whose level includes those perks, will get digital copies of the first three novels in the Kestrel Saga.
Backers donating $11 or more will receive a 3", fully embroidered campaign patch designed by me.
A high-resolution digital map of Beta Sector in PDF.
An interactive digital map of Beta Sector, mouse and touchscreen compatible. Check out the single-sector prototype here: https://www.facebook.com/BetaSectorStories/videos/1732217667056599/
A digital "travel poster" poster, suitable for printing, which depicts one planet in Beta Sector.
- Your name will appear in the acknowledgement section of Master of the Void. If other Beta Sector novels are produced as a result of this campaign, your name will be listed there as well.
- You will have access to download a digital version of Master of the Void. It will be formatted in ePub, .mobi (Amazon devices), and PDF.
$3,001 - ACHIEVED!
The First 100 backers will receive a free digital copy of my first stand-alone Beta Sector novel, Traitor Winds, as soon as the campaign is finished.
$4,500 - ACHIEVED!
All backers will receive a digital compilation of Beta Sector short stories (ePub, mobi, and PDF formats).
All backers who have donated $11 or more will receive two 2"x2" color stickers depicting the logos below. Each sticker is made of thick, durable vinyl with a UV laminate to protect it from scratching or fading.
- Editing of the final installment in the Kestrel Saga will be funded, as well as the cost for setting up the print version. All backers will receive a free digital copy 30 days before it's released to the public (2017). For those wishing to own a physical copy of the book, please add an additional $25 to your existing pledge via Kickstarter and a hardcover version will be set aside for you, or you can add an additional $11 for a paperback version.
- Backers who have donated $11 or more will receive an additional 3", fully embroidered campaign patch designed by me.
- Backers who have donated $11 or more will receive a 1.5" (3.81cm) metal challenge coin depicting the 538th Interceptor Squadron from the Kestrel Saga.
- Two additional posters, suitable for printing and depicting elements specific to Beta Sector, will be added to your digital perks.
- You’ll receive a digital pack of logos depicting elements, both military and civilian, specific to Beta Sector. They are high resolution and suitable for printing.
- Three more regions will be added to the interactive Beta Sector map.
Risks and challenges
There are sometimes delays in printing materials or getting them to me in a timely manner. There are also sometimes delays in shipping the material to you, but I strive very hard to meet my projected delivery date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)