Surviving The World: 2017 Photocomic Page-A-Day Calendars
Surviving The World: 2017 Photocomic Page-A-Day Calendars
Over eight years of photocomic archives condensed into 365 pages of chalk-free humor and education - new content, new calendar!
Over eight years of photocomic archives condensed into 365 pages of chalk-free humor and education - new content, new calendar! Read more
Hello there! Grab a seat, class is back in session.
Page-a-day calendars. The 2017 version!
Let's start at the beginning.
I'm Dr. Dante Shepherd. For the past eight years, I've been producing Surviving The World, a daily photocomic with a chalkboard and labcoat and lessons touching on just about everything (science, literature, creeping people out, you name it). The comic is a mix of humor and education combined with complete destruction of the fourth wall. In my real life, I'm an actual professor, and in STW, I pretend to be. And the comic is a whole lot funnier!
We previously made a page-a-day calendars for 2014 through a Kickstarter, and they came out friggin' amazing. 6.25 inches by 6.25 inches, weighty, full color, utterly beautiful.
You could plaster your door or your fridge with them. You could plaster your dog with them. The stand-alone content worked perfectly as a page-a-day calendar, and given that there are now over 2800 comics to choose from, you'll get a solid 365 days of content!
Not only that, but these calendars will contain 50 ORIGINAL STW COMICS! That's on top of pulling from the best of the previous 2800+ comics!
And each page has other content to enjoy! Besides a comic on each page you get:
- - a fake international holiday inspired by a real historical event for every single day of the year!
- - a rudimentary word-of-the-day, basically making your calendar two-calendars-in-one, but in this case, we reaffirm the quality of your present vocabulary! Who needs to learn new words when you're already good at words!
- - a cloud name for each day of the year! Hurricane centers tell you what hurricanes are called and some weather channels tell you what winter storms are called, but this calendar goes even further and unilaterally tells you what the clouds themselves are named!
To thank you for your contribution to the campaign, there are number of pretty cool rewards available at the different tiers, many of which will only be available through this Kickstarter. These rewards may even increase your happiness, which, hey, who doesn't want that?
What are some of these great rewards?
Well, let's talk about them!
- Recognition on the Surviving the World site itself! (And you'll even get a nickname of questionable coolness!)
- A PDF form of the 2017 calendar!
- A hard copy of the 2017 calendar!
- A leftover hard copy of the 2014 calendar!
- Magnets depicting classic STW mazes to help hang up the pages of the calendar that you display!
- The STW class report card printed on a whiteboard, for your own personal life assessment!
- A STW-specialized black dry-erase board!
- A personalized mini-slate chalkboard with a permanent lesson, personalized for whatever subject matter you want!
- An original maze painting on canvas, with colors of your choosing!
- I will even once again eat a pound of raisins (and hate every second of it and be utterly miserable in more ways than one that day), just like last time!
- There are even crazy tier levels, like getting a ball of cat hair with your rewards, or having me draw a mustache on my face on every page!
And may reward tiers include various combinations of these rewards!
Actually, yes! There are a number of STW items which you can directly choose to include as a reward if you add it on to your backing tier. These can include additional calendars as well. First, select the reward tier that you're interested in, with the amount necessary to support the campaign at that tier. Then, make your donation an additional amount to reflect the add-on item that you wanted. This will cover the shipping of both items, too.
The pricing for the add-on items are as follows:
- An extra calendar = $25
- A set of 4 black-and-white STW mini-books containing lessons from the site, signed and personalized = $10
- A set of 12 STW squid-themed Christmas cards = $12
- A velociraptor USB containing over nearly 50 different velociraptor impressions = $15
- An official STW labcoat = $40
- A signed official STW labcoat = $45
If we're fortunate enough to hit the target and keep on going from there, we will not only continue to improve the content of the calendar itself but also improve the content of the rewards that you receive! So consider, if we break the following overall tiers:
- $27,500 – FLURRY OF CHALKDUST: the calendar will contain 12 new STW comics - ON TOP OF THE 50 ORIGINAL COMICS already part of the calendar! So a total of 62 ORIGINAL COMICS!
- $30,000 – THE AUDIOBOOK: a digital recording of me reading the entire calendar will be provided to all backers
- $35,000 – THE SOUNDTRACK: a soundtrack listing to go with every calendar page will be provided to all backers
- $40,000 – REFRIGERATOR EXTRAVAGANZA: two additional magnets to the magnet set for every A-PLUS and higher level
- $45,000 - TO BE ANNOUNCED as we get closer
So fingers crossed!
All of this and all of that sounds awesome!
I agree! So thank you for your support! You will love these calendars!
Risks and challenges
The calendar design is complete, and most of the content is already prepared. In order to handle distribution, I'm working with Topatoco and Make That Thing once again to help get the highest quality of product and to make sure the calendars get out to everyone on time! So there shouldn't be too many concerns moving forward! Onwards!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)