We're thrilled to announce that we reached 100% of our funding goal on just the 12th day of the campaign! A huge thank you to all our backers who have made this possible, we love you!
Now that we've ensured we'll be able to cover our manufacture and shipping costs, we've decided to unlock a stretch goal that will make Pegged In even nicer - so you can see your support gets directly translated into the game's quality!
So you've helped us unlock our first stretch goal, let's now go for the second one! Help us reach £3,000 to unlock a new reward.
The aim of the game is to score the most pegs, but beware! you could get pegged out! The one with the most pegs in their section of the board win! To know how to score and more you can:
- “Clear, clever and quick; a great one for introducing strategy but with a nice touch of luck. Great board too!” - Nes, (General Manager, Draughts London boardgame cafe)
- "The base game is quick, simple to learn and fun to play, but the real strength of Pegged In is its potential. The board, combined with the game pieces and the dice, offers a huge range of possible house rules and variations." - Alberto Furlan (Game Designer)
- “Pegged In is a cleverly thought-out boardgame that brings back the elements of classic gaming into a modern environment.” - Tony Fish, (Co-Founder and Director of Fab Lab London)
- “Connecting Neurons is a fantastic and very impressive start up. I saw the team at work, and they even produced a bespoke board for me, with my image on the chips. It’s an exciting business and I wish them all the luck in the world.” - Zac Goldsmith (MP and candidate for Mayor of London 2016)
Pegged In is a fun and easy to play customisable board game, appropriate for all ages which aims to become a modern classic, by sparking social interaction in an innovative approach through customisation.
Customisation provides the spark to connect with each other by modifying the product according to personal preference or that of the individual you are giving it to.
The 'customisable' in 'Customisable Boardgame' not only comes in in the form of the physical product, but also in its rules. You can vary them to provide entertainment for a quick-paced game as well as a longer family fun session.
Pegged In brings in the raw elements of what makes board gaming fun in its simplest form, combining chance in the form of dice-rolling with strategy whilst leaving room for players to build alliances and play against each other.
It also doubles easily as a drinking game, with rules simple enough to follow even when you have had one too many - making those nights in with friends hilarious or just providing a handy ice-breaker in that student house party where you don't know anyone!
- Family friendly game
- Appropriate for all ages
- 15 min – 30 min length
- 2 - 5 players
- Assembled by hand
- Simple, aesthetic and functional
A Pegged In game set contains:
- 1 x instructions manual
- 1 x game board
- 50 x pegs
- 2 x dice
The Pegged In board and pegs have been lovingly designed using CAD software by our very own professional Product Designer to be simple, functional and aesthetic, and conceived to be either manufactured in wood or casted acrylic.
You have the opportunity to customise your Pegged In game to your own taste by choosing the material of the board, and we additionally give you the chance to engrave a personalised message on its back. We have also designed a small range of themed frames you can choose from and have engraved on the rim of the board. Whether you want to go with a stylish and minimalistic look or a colourful children-friendly one, we've got you covered. You can now be sure your Pegged In game is unique in the world!
The elegant but playful lines of Pegged In's design make it a beautiful decorative object even when not in use, so you can show it off in your living room when visitors come!
The Pegged In board has been beautifully crafted in varnished FSC certified birch plywood, with the additional options of having a maple, cherry, or walnut veneer finish and/or the bottom layer of the board in coloured casted acrylic in the colour of your choice.
Both our game board and pegs are cut in layers using a lasercutting machine and then sanded, assembled and glued together by us, ensuring a high quality hand finish. The dice are the only game component we will not manufacture ourselves, since we cannot ensure balanced dice with our current equipment. Instead, we will buy high quality wooden or coloured plastic dice.
We come from different cultural and educational backgrounds, having graduated from Product Design, Astrophysics and Mechatronics Engineering respectively, but we share a passion for making, stimulating social interaction and education.
Being part of the Fab Lab community, we share its ethos of "make, learn and share" and that's how Connecting Neurons was born. Through our first Kickstarter campaign, we aim to establish ourselves as a new, ambitious and responsible Product Design and Events company.
Gain more insight into the exciting and valuable moments of our development of Pegged In by reading our blog posts and checking out our photo gallery on www.connectingneurons.com. We also plan to feed more tips and variations of the game through our website and give more to our community the more we grow. To keep updated you can also subscribe to our newsletter here!
All rewards for this project will be shipped from the UK. These are set prices based on the weight of the product and location.
Shipping to the UK: £3.90
Shipping to Europe: £13.00
Shipping to the US: £15.00
We intend to start production as soon as the campaign finishes, keeping our backers updated regularly on our progress. If everything goes according to our estimates, this is what our timeline would look like:
Risks and challenges
These are the measures we have taken to ensure that we are capable of delivering our product if our Kickstarter campaign gets successfully funded:
1. We have essentially finished our game design files. While the KS campaign is live we will work on designing additional board frame patterns and will give the final tweaks to our game design.
6. We have limited choice in customisation to assure we meet our budget and our backers' expected delivery dates.
2. We have the guidance of the staff at Fab Lab London, which have much experience in building a business and providing customer satisfaction.
4. As this is our first KS experience and we want to ensure we deliver within our proposed timeframe, we have limited the amount of units we can manufacture to a maximum of 500.
3. Our manufacturing method means we can produce the game using the facilities available in most maker spaces. Reaching around 100 units will mean that we can produce the game ourselves, ensuring our product attains the quality you deserve.
5. If we exceed our funding goal, we will then look elsewhere to produce the game in a larger batch. We have inquired into external laser cutting providers and have built a database of material suppliers to evaluate which is the best supplier for us under these circumstances.
6. We will do our best to stick to our schedule and we promise to maintain transparency and keep you informed at all times.
Thank you for your trust in us! Let's bring Pegged In to the Table Top world!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)