Super Cordon Bleu
Super Cordon Bleu
Welcome to a land in which culinary skills are the highest form of magic and power! Become the legendary Master Chef !
Welcome to a land in which culinary skills are the highest form of magic and power! Become the legendary Master Chef ! Read more
Early Test Footage
Super Cordon Bleu is a 2D Action Platformer that has been specially prepared for the hungry gamer in us all. Made from the finest ingredients like awesome pixel art, great animation, and outstanding music, Super Cordon Bleu is an Entre' so good that even after its finished you'll be licking the controller as you savor the memory of its exquisite gameplay! Bon Appetit !
With your help, we can realize our dream of creating an old-school 2D platformer for the modern area of gaming. My vision for this game has been roaming my heart and soul for quite some time now. I always wanted to make what I felt was the definitive 2D platformer. Taking inspiration from the 2D Mario Bros. franchise and games like Mega Man, my goal is to fuse elements of them both resulting in a 2D platformer with tight controls and awesome action and combat. In order to fully realize this dream, we need the help of the Kickstarter community.
With you backing us on Kickstarter we will be able to create a game world that is bright and colorful yet beautifully animated. Beautiful enemy sprites and large, awesomely animated bosses will come to life in stunning 2D. By backing our Kickstarter we will create the 8-bit game that could never have been made back in the days of the NES. Imagine if as an industry, gaming never moved into the realm of 3D and instead favored 8-Bit pixel art. How would it look? How would it be animated? We are going to pour our heart and souls into this project in order answer that very question but we can't do it without your help. Here's what backing our Kickstarter will enable us to do.
- There are 8 worlds to explore, each with various enemies and bosses to battle. There are even secret levels to find!
- The game is level based but not in the traditional way. Levels are filled with multiple tasks to accomplish.
- The game will feature exploration. There are also tons of unlockables within the game as well as awesome rewards for beating the game.
If fully funded, we will be able to create a deep, yet simple combat system that will be accessible to both novice and core gamers. With your help, we can spend the time to fully tweak, and polish every aspect of our games mechanics. Check out what we are implementing.
- CHEFS HAMMER - Use the legendary Chefs Hammer to defeat enemies with its culinary magic! There are several Hammers in the game that grant you a different ability. Each Hammer is based off of one of the five major food groups. Protein, Dairy, Veggie, Fruit, and Grains. Of course we have added one more food group. The Pastry group! The Pastry Hammer allows you to use the Frosting Dash which lets you run up walls and walk on ceilings!
- COOKING/CRAFTING - In this magical culinary world, cooking is similar to crafting. In our game, as you defeat enemies they drop ingredients. (Think of it as how enemies in Metroid would leave behind energy orbs after being destroyed by Samus.) Collecting enough of these ingredients would allow you to craft different power ups as well as replenish your Hunger Meter. See, the more you fight, the hungrier you get. Your Hunger Meter is always depleting so you need to craft the right foods to keep the meter full ! The right foods will increase your Hunger Meter in return making your attacks stronger. On the flip-side, cooking the wrong foods can have the opposite affect, making your attacks weaker not to mention the wrong foods can result in explosive vomiting from the mouth and butt, even death ! Cook wisely my friends...cook wisely.
- Combat - Combat in Super Cordon Bleu will be fast, fun, and highly rewarding. You will have access to dashes, jumps, quick evades and combos. The goal is to make combat as deep and as engaging as possible. Each time you attack an enemy, your Special Meter will begin to fill up. Filling this meter up will allow you to perform a super, screen clearing attack on enemies.
- Exploration- Exploration in Super Cordon Bleu will send you on side quest to find items, forcing you to look in every nook and cranny as well as smash every brick and block with your hammer! You will uncover secrets that unlock more secrets and hidden areas filled with wonders.
Patrick Hicks - Studio Head
Well, this is me. My role in this project will be as lead game designer, programmer and art director. Yes, that is quite a few hats to wear but each hat fits quite comfortably and I'm definitely up for the challenge.
Chris Silva - Composer and Sound designer
Now if you want to talk about talented, this man right here is exactly that. One of the kindest men I know, Chris absolutely loves to compose and has such a passion for video game music and gaming in general.
Desert Grains Theme
The Game - Minimum $10
All digital copies will be sent out on release day. The planned platforms are PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. We plan on a PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One release in the future.
Digital Instruction Booklet - Minimum $15
Remember when every game had one of these? Yeah we miss those days too, which is why we are bringing back the instruction booklet. In digital form, of course.
Digital Soundtrack - Minimum $25
Composer Chris Silva will be creating an original soundtrack for Super Cordon Bleu. Backers in this tier will receive a digital download.
Digital Art Book - Minimum $40
Backers in this tier will receive a digital art book containing character and stage art from the game.
T-Shirt - Minimum $70
Backers of this tier will receive a Super Cordon Bleu T- Shirt. Design is not final.
Special Print Art Book - Minimum $150
Backers of this tier will receive a physical copy of the Master Chefs Secret Menu. The Ultimate art book containing an in depth look into the history of the world of Super Cordon Bleu.
So, Why Kickstarter?
IE Entertainment is a small, but passionate studio. As it stands, we work on this game on a part time basis due to having full time jobs. We spend every extra hour, minute, and second developing our game, and with that said, we can only take this project so far without your help. This is where you come in.
With your help, we will be able to pour even more time and resources into making Super Cordon Bleu a reality. With a fully funded Kickstarter, we will acquire the necessary tools and licenses, as well as paying for the many man hours needed to bring our game to completion.
- The Team - We are a small studio of two. IE Entertainment consists of a game designer/programmer/artist and an audio designer/composer. With help from you, the Kickstarter community, we will be able to work on Super Cordon Bleu exclusively without having to divide our time and attention away from development. In short, your funding would go towards paying our salaries which would mean full time development for our game.
- Licenses and additional costs - With your backing, we will be able to acquire the necessary tools to continue working on our game. Licenses for Unity Pro, Android Pro, iOS Pro, as well as a team license and a Steam Green light submission fee will be needed for our initial batch of platform releases.
- Fixes and feedback - Bringing in testers and getting the necessary feedback on our game is essential to development. This will take time and the last thing we want to do is rush out our game. No broken software from us!
Your support is essential
As you can see, we have a solid foundation laid out. Now comes hard work, execution, and with your help funding our game, we can make the best possible experience that we know you will love and enjoy. We understand that there are a lot of places that you can choose to spend your money and there are a lot of great projects on kickstarter. We hope that you see the potential in us as a small indie dev team, and we hope you see the potential in our game, Super Cordon Bleu. We are truly hard workers and 100% committed to bringing our game out on as many platforms as possible, but for that to happen we need your help. We know you love to support indies and we would absolutely love for you to support us. With your funding support, we can make Super Cordon Bleu a an experience that you will enjoy for years to come. Thank you for taking the time to look over our proposal. We can't wait to reach our funding goals! Thank you all for you support.
Risks and challenges
We are a brand new studio and Super Cordon Bleu will be our first commercial release. We understand that it can sometimes be a bit of a gamble betting on a studio that is new and unproven. For this very reason we will be keeping you guys updated on a weekly basis with as much info as we possibly can. We want you to feel comfortable in knowing that your money is being put to good use and we are hard at work on this game. This isnt our hobby. Its our passion.
As with any project, there are always risks and challenges. With Super Cordon bleu, we are fully committed to what we started many months ago. Although the game is in an early state, we have a working prototype complete with solid game mechanics and art direction. We are currently working very hard on creating solid platforming mechanics. Everything is coming along nicely and we will continue to tweak the mechanics until we achieve perfection.
Like I said, we are 100% committed to the completion of Super Cordon Bleu. As it stands, we work on it part time when not at our full time jobs, and no matter what happens, we will continue to do so until the game is complete. The mechanics are working, the art direction is solid and the sound design is coming along nicely. Super Cordon Bleu WILL be COMPLETED. .Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)