One pair becomes thousands of shoes. You won't believe what these shoes can do!
One pair becomes thousands of shoes. You won't believe what these shoes can do! Read more
About this project
A true interchangeable shoe that you would never know is interchangeable by looking at them. The parts come together with a zipper system that is carefully hidden inside the shoe. Even though the zippers are inside, Guppi shoes are very comfortable to wear, even barefoot!
Guppi shoes always look great because YOU put them together the way that YOU want.
Guppi shoes come in 5 main parts:
- Soles (1 pair)
- Side Panels (1 set = 4 side panels)
- Tongues (1 set = 2 tongues)
- Heels (1 set = 2 heels)
- Laces (1 pair)
1. Soles - women's sizes 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. For half sizes, just round up. For example, if you normally wear a size 8 1/2, round up to size 9. More about sizes: These shoes also fit girl's sizes. Simply add 2 to girl's sizes to get women's sizes. For example, a girl's size 3 = women's size 5. Girl's size 4 = women's size 6 and girl's size 5 = women's size 7.
2. Side Panels - There are 20 different Side Panels to choose from. Here are all 20...
3. Tongues - There are 7 solid colors to choose from for the tongues.
4. Heels - There are 7 solid colors to choose from for the heels.
5. Laces - There are 10 colors to choose from for the laces.
We think you'll love these shoes.
1. Q: How do you put the shoes together? A: There is an instruction video on the Guppi website: www.guppiinc.com Go to the "FAQ" page on the Guppi website to see the instruction video.
2. Q: How can I see what a shoe will look like when the different parts are put together? A: Go to the Guppi website. When you get there, click on "shoeviewer." Select a side panel, then a heel, then a tongue, then click on "Submit" to see what the shoe looks like.
3. Q: Will smaller sizes be available? A: Yes, in the future we will introduce more sizes, including half sizes, but as a new company, we're starting with women's sizes 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
4. Q: When will a boys line be available and what will it look like? A: Our fashion designer, Alex Huff (VERY talented) will put together a boys line as soon as we secure sufficient funding to expand our line of shoes.
5. Q: How strong are the shoes? A: Very strong. We took several pairs to a gymnastics gym and had gymnasts perform extensive tumbling while wearing the shoes. The shoes did great!
6. Q: How comfortable are the shoes? A: VERY comfortable. The zipper head is stored under the insole, it does not come in contact with the wearer's feet after the shoes are assembled.
Risks and challenges
There is very little risk with the Guppi shoe project because we already have the manufacturer in place and even have a decent size of sample inventory. The molds for the soles have been made and the manufacturer, after two years of working with me, is ready to go into full production mode. We even have shipping worked out with the U.S. Post Office. If there is a problem, it will most likely be in sizes. If your shoes are the wrong size, just send them back within 30 days in unaltered (like new) condition, and we'll replace them with the right size.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (40 days)