Each game will be unique and stretch the child’s imagination. It’s not about winning but fulfilling fun challenges.
Each game will be unique and stretch the child’s imagination. It’s not about winning but fulfilling fun challenges. Read more
Why Bumples Games?
Yes there are a lot of games on the web and no question they are good. But, we feel that we can continue to offer unusual games. Our members have asked us for more games. There will be the popular games but always with a twist.
- 4 issues a year with 6 new and exciting games, plus sub-games.
- Each game will have an easy version and a harder version.
- Go to 6 special animal homes in Bumpleville to play a game. (For instance, to play a sports game you will go to Griffy Giraffe’s home.).
- Every child will become a Bumples, receive a letter from a Bumple animal; Subscribing to the games also allows you to read the magazines.
Hidden Objects:: Everyone loves the hidden object games but how about an element of surprise when you find an object. You might be taken to a strange place and have to solve a mystery to get back to the hidden objects.
- In the first game, match the animal parts, find their homes, listen to
them and feed them.
Maze: Enter the maze at your peril. Touch a line and start over again or maybe you are taken to another place. Miss Bumples is full of surprises.
- The first game is easy as you go to 4 different animals. Bugsy Bunny takes you down a hole. Ally Alligator takes you underwater and Casey Cardinal up in the air. Miss Bumples is not telling where she will take you. To get back you will have to catch food or monsters.
Building: We love to build or make things like airplanes ( we did that in one issue of the magazine). or help Chicky Dickey’s cook. All projects will start from scratch, find the materials and put them together.
- The first house you will build is Henrietta Hippo’s home and beauty shop. After building the home, help her make her beauty supplies.
Sports: The Bumpleville animals love sports so we will include sports games. Either the child can join the Bumpleville animals in a sports game or play a game with children.
- The first sport is soccer. You can join either Griffy Giraffe or Katie Caterpillar’s team.
Word Games: Word & hangman games have been played for years, but we take the games to a different level. Win or lose you will laugh at some of the games Some correct words will take you to the next level to other word or math games.
- In the first hangman game, if you guess the wrong letter, watch what happens to the boy.
Jigsaw puzzles: Who doesn’t love a good jigsaw puzzle. After finishing a puzzle, one of the pieces will take you to another game. They will be different from other games and full of surprises. Miss Bumples would love to take you to Mars and meet her family. She has a special language and you can learn how to read it.
- In the first game you will make the puzzle and then Miss Bumples will take you to a special place for an unusual game. She’s not talking, so sign up and join the fun.
Bumples began modestly in 2009 as the first interactive magazine for children 4-10. Bumples’ specializes in illustrated stories about children and animals in mysteries, sport stories, poems, fantasies, and adventure. The pages flip like a magazine, but...the illustration move, the poem speaks, the games rewind, and the pages ask questions. It’s a totally interactive magazine for children. And it’s fun.
I can’t thank all of the writers and artists enough that have contributed to Bumples the last four years. They live all over the world and I truly feel blessed having such wonderful friends. So many of them are established writers, but we also have helped new writers. Through them, I have been able to offer a quality magazine. I hope and plan to do that with the games. I look forward to getting games from gamers all over the world
Eliza de Haas:
A truly gifted artist that has been selling her work since she was 13. She is entering Parsons School of Design this fall. She has helped with the design for the video. Over the years she has illustrated stories for Bumples.
A junior in high school is setting her sights on being a broadcaster. No doubt the talent is there. In the meantime she did the vocal for this video and over the years has recited many of our poems.
Over the years, I have done many things, teacher, coach, accountant, writer and now publisher. I have written 4 books, which I will give out as rewards. This summer. I will turn 70 and this project is very special to me. As a child, I loved to play games, but after winning, I always changed the games to make them harder. As a coach, I learned early that you never knew who was going to rise up and shine that day. How cool is that to see a child that couldn’t catch a ball, catch one that wins a game. They will never forget that moment. I don’t coach anymore, but I am hoping that these silly games will help give a child the confidence that they need in life. Feeling good about yourself is everything in life.
Why we need your help:
We are looking for money to help get this project off the ground. We have the crazy fun ideas but we need an additional programmer to help with the games. The programmer would also help us get the games on all the I-pads, Androids and other gadgets. If we have any extra money, we will hire a marketer.
Risks and challenges
Risks and Challenges
The games are ready for the programmer. When we start programming, I am sure that we will make changes to make the games even more fun.
The challenge will be getting a good programmer that can get the games on the latest gadgets using Html5. Right now we can get the games on the computers using flash.
This project means so much to me. Bumples will be a safe place for children to go play fun games and then read wonderful stories. I will meet my obligations with you, my backers.
I am always open to suggestions and changes we should make. I am confident that I can deliver the prizes in a timely manner. If any issues arise, I will communicate with you and let you know how I will resolve them.
- (30 days)