THE FILM LIVES!
I’m Tim Sutton, the writer/director of PAVILION, a first-time feature film that has just become an OFFICIAL SELECTION OF SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST FILM FESTIVAL (SXSW), a top tier venue celebrating cutting edge independent film from around the world. Unbelievably, this means that our WORLD PREMIERE WILL TAKE PLACE AT SXSW IN MARCH 2012!
It's a thrilling result for all of the hard work and collaboration put forth by a great group of artists and friends. We believein this film! With the lush cinematography of Chris Dapkins, the bold and stylized editing of Seth Bomse, a haunting score from indie star Sam Prekop, otherworldly digital design from Caspar Newbolt, and incredible support from the staff, team, and mentors at IFP...I mean, what's NOT to believe in? Take a look and become a believer with us!
WE TRULY NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Is a film about Max, a quietly troubled 15 year old, who leaves his lakeside town to live with his father on the sun-blasted fringe of suburban Arizona. As the film drifts through endless summer days, the story is transformed from a calm and lush daydream into a drastic and frayed confusion — much like the spirit of youth itself.
In PAVILION, kids are complex and flawed, free to do whatever they want in an atmosphere charged with dread, but not without a sliver of hope. In this deep and ethereal landscape, life is beautiful, but not easy, and PAVILION shows us an innocent world coming apart at the seams.
WHAT WE TALK ABOUT WHEN WE TALK ABOUT FINISHING...
Ok, where does this leave us? Thrilled by the opportunity to take on the next set of steps necessary to get down to Austin and show the film the right way. These are those steps:
- Final Sound Mix: expensive, but a necessary finishing touch for both US and International premieres, as well as the film’s eventual distribution.
- Color Correct, HD Masters & Dubs for festival screenings and distribution.
- Festival Travel & Logistics: airfare, lodging, food-on-the-table for crew and cast for SXSW and other festivals to come.
- Marketing, PR, Street Team & Artwork: once we get to the festival, we have to ensure that the film gets its fair share of media coverage and fanbase interest.
- Original Score: Sam Prekop’s haunting score mastered and packaged as an EP to support the film.
I’ll be honest, there is nothing less fun than asking for money. However, I believe in the deep meaning of a brand of film that attempts to stake out new narrative space - PAVILION is one of these films. Your support, collaboration and interaction with this film doesn't just help place it on the map - it can be the start of a relationship that can develop in many ways.
Thanks so much for taking the time and thanks in advance for your support. Check out the REWARDS, which are pretty fantastic (one of them offers my, er, culinary prowess!). And, truly, I always have time to talk shop. Contact info below.