Beta update has dropped!
Hello everyone! INSOMNIA’s beta branch has been updated on Steam today and we are happy to share the details.
Regarding the English localisation: additional text has been added. You will finally know what those items in your inventory are for! Now it's just a matter of further editing and fixing occasional spelling errors or missing dialogue.
The FPS cap has been removed and in-game settings now save properly, just as was promised in one of our previous news updates. On the top of that, thanks to your feedback, we were able to eliminate quite a few game crashing scenarios, so you will have a more comfortable game experience in the near future.
We have also addressed the following issues:
- Crawler IV texture turning black after talking to Riebel
- system error appearing upon exiting the game
- game crashing after guns get jammed during non-stop shooting
- game crashing after placing items which are being used (consumables) in other inventory slots
- regular attacks with melee weapons doing no damage
- never ending loading screen while entering the H-27/55 location
- Tank Armor sprint animation issues
- game resetting current settings after beta is complete
- inventory background turning white while consuming food
- player pre-emptively notified about a quest update before it is active
- Vulture Nest quest bug related to fixing generator before talking to Riebel
Is that it? Not really! Other than fixing what's broken, we’ve introduced a number of additional combat animations and effects to make fighting a bit more satisfying overall. Also, to make it easier for testers, a more advanced crash reporting feature was implemented in case you will still bump into game-breaking issues.
Our future plans include solving a few issues that crop up while playing the beta with 1920х1080+ screen resolutions, as well as any other problems the testers may find.
Backers beta keys distribution status
We have recently announced that all Kickstarter backers will receive beta keys as a way to thank you all for supporting us. By now, we’ve already covered phases 2 and 3, while the last batch of keys for phase 4 will be sent during next few hours.
If you don’t see an email from us by the time Saturday (July 7th) hits the calendar, please make sure that our email didn’t end up in the Spam folder. If that is not the case - reach out via email (support[at]insomnia-project.com). Alternatively, you can message us on Kickstarter or post in the comments section.
For more details regarding how to start playing, what to expect and how to submit feedback, please refer to these instructions. As always, we are very interested in receiving your feedback about each and every aspect of the game.
This is the ultimate way for our team to know what needs to be fixed or improved from your perspective.
Until next time!