Hello everyone! After processing first batch of feedback we have received since the first version of Fighting Arena was published, we have introduced a number of fixes, improvements and additions. So today we are giving you an updated build of this stand alone combat playground.
Here's a comprehensive list of most recognizable features and mechanics that have changed:
- fixed AI for all gunner NPCs engaged in close combat
- fixed animation of rifle attack in close combat
- sniper rifle is added
- the impact system has been tweaked: now enemies will twitch when you hit them in the armour
- Tyrang soldiers armed with sniper rifles / shotguns have been added as possible companions / enemies character
- movements now look smoother
- all execution animations became quicker
- some bugs related to stimulator usage have been fixed
- interface for planning your fight has been updated: now there's a certain limit of enemies / companions you can pick during one fight
- new general music track was added to fight preparation area (written by our own artist and inspired by works of Mark Morgan)
- the effectiveness of using ranged weapons in close combat has been slightly increased
- middle quick slot can be used for grenades and can be reached by pressing G, while first quick slot can be used for stimulators and can be activated by pressing F
- both Ctrl and C buttons can be used to sit
- new types of armours have been added and some fixes to the old ones have been introduced
- aiming logics has been changed, now you can shoot without actually aiming
- both general and aiming interfaces were simplified
- rag doll feature added
- you can now perform all kinds of actions while sitting: attack, reload, heal etc.
Wait, what is Fighting Arena?
If this is the first time you hear about this, you should probably read this update first. This article is all about what we are trying to achieve with this stand alone build, testing suggestions, and it also features a quick reference to controls.
Give me download link, now!
Sure, sure, here you go (Windows only). No 4shared links this time as they proved to be not very user friendly. Let us know if you will have any troubles downloading from this source, and we will provide you with an alternative one.
We will be grateful for any kind of feedback as this will help us improve combat mechanics for the final version of InSomnia.
Until next time!