About this project
The development of the Rogue C6 emerged from my inability to find a bicycle on the market that provided me a lightweight, efficient machine to commute, tour, or leisurely ride with my family; at a price point that would not break the bank. As an avid biker and engineer, with an eye for detail and style, I set out to design and manufacture the exact bicycle I was searching for; an extremely reliable, technically advanced machine, comprised of the highest quality components.
The components I source from the same manufacturers as all of the other major bicycle companies. However I've removed several steps in the supply-chain unnecessary for a company of my size. This allows me to effectively offer $3,500 and $1,800 bicycles for the significantly reduced prices of $1,950 or $950.
**ROGUE C6 = CARBON FRAME + FORK | ROGUE C6+ = ALUMINUM FRAME + FORK**
For every 5 ROGUE C6 or C6+ bicycles sold, 1 BUFFALO UTILITY bicycle will be made in partnership with World Bicycle Relief (http://www.worldbicyclerelief.org/the-bike) to aid poverty relief and disaster recovery initiatives in developing countries around the world.
Rogue C6 Key Components
- Proprietary combination of High Modulus Unidirectional and 3k woven carbon fiber frame and fork with a strength ratio 7.5 times stronger than standard steel weighing only 3.5 lbs.
- Proprietary 6061-T6 Series Triple Butted Aluminum frame and fork weighing 6.5 lbs.
- Reliable Shimano Alfine group set, comprised of shifter, hydraulic disc brakes, pedals and hubs, to complement the Alfine 8-speed gearing system.
- Gates Drive™ Carbon Drive, clean low maintenance no lube required, quite no chain clatter, weighs less and is stronger than a chain.
- Alfine 8-speed internally geared hub that has ratios equivalent to the gears on a 12 - 38 tooth cassette.
- Built-in LED (Light Emitting Diodes) intelligent lights are integrated seamlessly into custom handlebars and seat post for a versatile waterproof system that continually monitors motion, orientation and light.
- Integrated Location Based Services with fully-featured applications that provide GPS driven, maps, speed, cadence, distance, time, hill slope, elevation, elevation gained.
- Track your bike (via SMS) from anywhere in the world, receive the coordinates of your bike and a Google Maps link to its location within 30 seconds of tracking.
- Custom 700 x 38 or 2180 mm (2-in-1) wheel-set that can run either tubeless or standard clincher tires, designed for use in urban environments.
- Dual platform SPD (Shimano Pedaling Device), giving the rider the option of cycling cleats or normal shoes.
- Bike frame and fork option of Carbon Fiber or Aluminum.
- Alfine 8-speed internal transmission versatile enough for commuting, touring or recreational riding.
- Gates Center Track Carbon Belt Drive™ system is quieter, lighter, cleaner with a longer life than a chain.
- Integrated front and rear headlights.
- Tracking, Mapping and GPS Location Based Services.
- Front and Rear hydraulic disc brakes that stop on a dime even in the worst weather conditions.
- Rogue Custom Wheelset, clincher or tubular give a superior ride on multiple terrain types.
- Dual platform pedals, you can use with cleats or normal shoes.
- Custom Lightweight Fenders
- The bicycle comes fully assembled, all you need to do is remove it from the secure custom shipping container; attach the front wheel and you are good to go!
Frame Size Guide
XS 160 – 168 CM 5’ 2” – 5’ 5”
S 168 – 175 CM 5’ 5” – 5’ 7”
M 175 – 183 CM 5’ 7” – 6’ 0”
L 183 – 190 CM 6’ 0” – 6’ 2”
XL 183 – 198 CM 6’ 2” – 6’ 5”
$300,000 Stretch Goal:
The Rogue Vector will complete our Carbon Hybrid Series lineup; it will have an upgraded Shimano Di2 electronic transmission with an 11 Speed Alfine internal transmission. This seriously low maintenance bicycle with aerodynamic high performance carbon wheels and bullhorn handlebars; is lighter, faster, stronger and more efficient than anything available on the market today. This model will have a projected MSRP of $2,950.
SWAG aka PLEDGES
T-Shirts are slim fitting so order one size up!
Risks and challenges
Technically, the most difficult parts of the project are behind us; specifically the design, tooling, prototyping, second stage testing and integration of the key components have all been completed. Further, I have an established relationship with a major carbon frame and fork manufacturer, and down stream components assembler. However, with any new product there may be potential delays as I establish a baseline for product scale, ramp and delivery. My commitment is to keep you informed to any changes that may effect projected product delivery.
I am using the number one online sales and fulfillment back office platform to support sales and customer service requests. As with many small businesses, I require a certain amount of scale, and the more exposure, pledges and orders I receive via Kickstarter and other forms of social media, the greater opportunity there is for me to offer this bicycle at such a significantly reduced price point. So please, pledge and start spreading the word.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Once the campaign is complete we will contact you to confirm your size and color for t-shirts and cap; recommended bicycle sizes are under specifications.
Initially supporting Apple OS and the iPhone 5/5S family, we are in beta for Android OS, we will potentially develop waterproof cases for the Apple 6, 6+, HTC One (M8) and Samsung Galaxy S phones as demand dictates.
We use air shipping only and it ranges in cost from $95 - $300 per destination, airing on the side of caution the higher number is reflected; however you will be only charged the appropriate air freight fee for your destination.
The bicycle is tested and complies with ISO 4210, EN 14764, 14766 and 14781 requirements.
They currently emit 200 lumens, but we are potentially looking to upgrade to 500 lumens at no extra costs to the consumer. The lights are powered by 2 sets of AA batteries.
There will be pre-drilled attachement points for a rear rack.
4,000 is the maximum number of bicycles we can produce, without opening another factory line allocation.
The radio transmitter embedded supports any 2G SIM card.
We only support straight bars for the Rogue C6, however if we meet our stretch goal of 300k we are offering the Rogue Vector. It will have bullhorn handlebars with integrated lighting an 11 speed Shimano Di2 and lightweight carbon rims; priced at $2,950.
Support this project
- (30 days)