About this project
The development of the Rogue C6 emerged from my inability to find a bicycle on the market that provided me a lightweight, efficient machine to commute, tour, or leisurely ride with my family; at a price point that would not break the bank. As an avid biker and engineer, with an eye for detail and style, I set out to design and manufacture the exact bicycle I was searching for; an extremely reliable, technically advanced machine, comprised of the highest quality components.
The components I source from the same manufacturers as all of the other major bicycle companies. However I've removed several steps in the supply-chain unnecessary for a company of my size. This allows me to effectively offer $3,500 and $1,800 bicycles for the significantly reduced prices of $1,950 or $950.
**ROGUE C6 = CARBON FRAME + FORK | ROGUE C6+ = ALUMINUM FRAME + FORK**
For every 5 ROGUE C6 or C6+ bicycles sold, 1 BUFFALO UTILITY bicycle will be made in partnership with World Bicycle Relief (http://www.worldbicyclerelief.org/the-bike) to aid poverty relief and disaster recovery initiatives in developing countries around the world.
Rogue C6 Key Components
- Proprietary combination of High Modulus Unidirectional and 3k woven carbon fiber frame and fork with a strength ratio 7.5 times stronger than standard steel weighing only 3.5 lbs.
- Proprietary 6061-T6 Series Triple Butted Aluminum frame and fork weighing 6.5 lbs.
- Reliable Shimano Alfine group set, comprised of shifter, hydraulic disc brakes, pedals and hubs, to complement the Alfine 8-speed gearing system.
- Gates Drive™ Carbon Drive, clean low maintenance no lube required, quite no chain clatter, weighs less and is stronger than a chain.
- Alfine 8-speed internally geared hub that has ratios equivalent to the gears on a 12 - 38 tooth cassette.
- Built-in LED (Light Emitting Diodes) intelligent lights are integrated seamlessly into custom handlebars and seat post for a versatile waterproof system that continually monitors motion, orientation and light.
- Integrated Location Based Services with fully-featured applications that provide GPS driven, maps, speed, cadence, distance, time, hill slope, elevation, elevation gained.
- Track your bike (via SMS) from anywhere in the world, receive the coordinates of your bike and a Google Maps link to its location within 30 seconds of tracking.
- Custom 700 x 38 or 2180 mm (2-in-1) wheel-set that can run either tubeless or standard clincher tires, designed for use in urban environments.
- Dual platform SPD (Shimano Pedaling Device), giving the rider the option of cycling cleats or normal shoes.
- Bike frame and fork option of Carbon Fiber or Aluminum.
- Alfine 8-speed internal transmission versatile enough for commuting, touring or recreational riding.
- Gates Center Track Carbon Belt Drive™ system is quieter, lighter, cleaner with a longer life than a chain.
- Integrated front and rear headlights.
- Tracking, Mapping and GPS Location Based Services.
- Front and Rear hydraulic disc brakes that stop on a dime even in the worst weather conditions.
- Rogue Custom Wheelset, clincher or tubular give a superior ride on multiple terrain types.
- Dual platform pedals, you can use with cleats or normal shoes.
- Custom Lightweight Fenders
- The bicycle comes fully assembled, all you need to do is remove it from the secure custom shipping container; attach the front wheel and you are good to go!
Frame Size Guide
XS 160 – 168 CM 5’ 2” – 5’ 5”
S 168 – 175 CM 5’ 5” – 5’ 7”
M 175 – 183 CM 5’ 7” – 6’ 0”
L 183 – 190 CM 6’ 0” – 6’ 2”
XL 183 – 198 CM 6’ 2” – 6’ 5”
$300,000 Stretch Goal:
The Rogue Vector will complete our Carbon Hybrid Series lineup; it will have an upgraded Shimano Di2 electronic transmission with an 11 Speed Alfine internal transmission. This seriously low maintenance bicycle with aerodynamic high performance carbon wheels and bullhorn handlebars; is lighter, faster, stronger and more efficient than anything available on the market today. This model will have a projected MSRP of $2,950.
SWAG aka PLEDGES
T-Shirts are slim fitting so order one size up!
Risks and challenges
Technically, the most difficult parts of the project are behind us; specifically the design, tooling, prototyping, second stage testing and integration of the key components have all been completed. Further, I have an established relationship with a major carbon frame and fork manufacturer, and down stream components assembler. However, with any new product there may be potential delays as I establish a baseline for product scale, ramp and delivery. My commitment is to keep you informed to any changes that may effect projected product delivery.
I am using the number one online sales and fulfillment back office platform to support sales and customer service requests. As with many small businesses, I require a certain amount of scale, and the more exposure, pledges and orders I receive via Kickstarter and other forms of social media, the greater opportunity there is for me to offer this bicycle at such a significantly reduced price point. So please, pledge and start spreading the word.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)