Billy Tucci's ZOMBIE-SAMA! Graphic Novel with John Broglia
An all-new origin story graphic novel featuring offerings for the upcoming revival of the long awaited Shi - Return of the Warrior!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sat, March 2 2019 1:00 AM UTC +00:00.
Who is ZOMBIE-SAMA?!?
Imagine the horror when sushi delivery boy Jim Okami realizes the citizens of his small town are literally being eaten alive by nuclear-contaminated Zombies!
As all Hell breaks loose around him, the desperate former slacker grabs the lone katana from above the restaurant's cash register and is heroically reborn as teen sensation ZOMBIE-SAMA!
Now armed with sword and chainmail armor conveniently appropriated from a local scuba shop, our hero sets out to save his friends from the irradiated flood of rancorous fallout freaks!
Co-creators Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock, Miss Fury) and John Broglia (God Complex, Atomic Robo) are joined by digital colorist Paul Little and letterer/designer Mindy Lopkin for a full-color, 60-page graphic novel. Goriously-good variant covers are offered by Billy, John and European rising star Asha Kishna.
All 60 pages of artwork is complete, and we just have to finalize our coloring and lettering. In addition, we have the art and swag you desire, with offerings of prints, challenge coins, T-shirts and more!
As an added BONUS we’re offering a very, very special reward… a preview ashcan comic for the upcoming “Shi – Return of the Warrior”! The ashcan will ONLY be available to those who pledge for this Kickstarter. You will not be able to get it anywhere else.
So please PLEDGE and help our team to make Zombie-Sama, a reality.
On a personal note, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for 25 Wonderful years in comics. You have all literally changed my life.
So, thank you, please pledge, share and remember…
- Billy Tucci
***ALL COMICS/BOOKS/PRINTS come AUTOGRAPHED BY Billy Tucci and John Broglia unless otherwise requested in pledge message.***
Here’s a peek at a few pages...
AND CONTINUE TO CHECK BACK FOR MORE ADDED PLEDGE REWARD LEVELS TOO!
MEET TEAM ZOMBIE-SAMA!
Billy Tucci - Writer
- Billy Tucci is an award-winning cartoonist best known for his modern-day samurai fable, “Shi”. Through Billy’s Crusade Fine Arts, the multi-Eisner Award-nominated Shi has been printed in five languages sold more than 3 million comic books. He has also worked on a litany of projects for DC Comics’ including “Sgt. Rock”, “Harley Quinn”, “Flash Vs. Superman” and “Batman.”
- His earnest retelling of the Christmas story, “A Child Is Born” has quietly turned into a international blockbuster after winning the Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year Award.
- 2019 celebrates Shi’s 25th Anniversary with the release of the“Shi – Return of the Warrior” and “Shi – Hotaru” graphic novels accompanied by new Shi action figures, statues and reprints. Billy’s also bringing about the return of Golden Age Icon “Miss Fury” for Dynamite Entertainment and two new creator owned projects, “Zombie-Sama!” and “Appalachian Apocalypse” as well as “Wonder Woman” for DC Comics.
John Broglia - Artist
- John Broglia Zombie-Sama! Co-Creator John Broglia is a New York based cartoonist who's love for comics dates back to his early childhood. He attended the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan where he studied animation. Early on in his career he worked on several creator owned projects, including Image Comics' God Complex with Michael Avon Oeming. He has also supplied art for anthology series such as Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures and Image Comic’s Where We Live.
- John has been a part of several successful Kickstarter campaigns, his most prominent with writer Michael Sarrao on Unmasked volumes 1 and 2. John is currently working on Harriet Tubman: Demon Slayer and other creator owned projects.
Paul Little - Colorist
- Paul Little is a colorist who has worked on a number of licensed properties like Darkwing Duck and Sons of Anarchy, as well as Eisner and Harvey Award-nominated titles like Morning Glories and Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream. He lives in Niagara Falls.
Mindy Lopkin - Letterer/Designer
- Mindy Lopkin works as a freelance comic book letter and she enjoys a good challenge. She has worked extensively with Amrit Birdi & Co one of which was youtube sensation, Joe Sugg’s Username Series (the first book of the trilogy, Username: Evie, was the fastest-selling graphic novel in UK history).
- She has worked on multiple projects for Markosia Enterprises and Horizon Line Comics, as well as working on many indie comics including Unmasked: Volume 2 with Michael Sarrao, John Broglia and Paul Little. She was also part of an all-female creative team behind Advent Comics one-shot, titled Sunshine.
J.C. Vaughn - Editor
- J.C. Vaughn is the Vice-President of Publishing at Gemstone Publishing, home of THE OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE, among other books. He is the writer-creator of BEDTIME STORIES FOR IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN, THE FLIGHT, VAMPIRE, PA, and ZOMBIE-PROOF. He has co-written 24, STARGATE ATLANTIS and STARGATE UNIVERSE with Mark L. Haynes, MIGHTY SAMSON with Jim Shooter, and SHI with Billy Tucci.
- J.C. is also presently editing STOKER AND WELLS: ORDER OF THE GOLDEN DAWN.
Asha Kishna - Featured Variant Cover Illustrator
- Break-out cover artist, Asha KIshna met Billy Tucci at a convention appearance in the Netherlands and he was blown away by her dynamic pencils and striking inking and storytelling. Her "Jane Defiant" cover captures the Millennial generations sentiments that no matter how horrible things are going, there's always time to "strike a pose." She has several upcoming projects from a variety of publishers (including Crusade) and we are excited about her amazing future in comics!
Risks and challenges
Zombie-Sama! Is complete, with the exception of a few details as indicated in the Pledge Reward Levels. Once the Campaign is complete, we are ready to go to print. Delivery is expected to be timely, but should anything arise, we be sure advise all of you in the comments. USE MESSAGING WHILE PLEDGING IN ORDER TO CONFIRM SIZING, ADD-ONS AND TO MAKE REQUESTS. PLEASE BE SURE TO LOOK FOR AND COMPLETE THE SURVEY ONCE THE CAMPAIGN ENDS - THAT IS THE ONLY WAY OF ATTAINING YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS. WITHOUT A COMPLETED SURVEY, WE CANNOT GET YOUR REWARDS.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!