At Sager Beer Works,
"There are no strangers here; only friends who have not yet met."
William Butler Yeats
Who We Are
- Sager Beer Works is a brewpub located in the Culver Rd - University Ave neighborhood of Rochester NY, expecting to open in Fall 2018. Founded by Paul Guarracini and Don Tumminelli, they have been passionate about craft beers for over 20 years. From Paul's first real ale while in England to Don’s first sip of Humboldt Red Nectar in sunny San Diego, there has been no turning back. After months of scouting the Rochester area, we found a location that was too good to be true. Now, tucked away in a century old industrial building at 46 Sager Drive, a dream is becoming a reality as we create a unique location for beer lovers. This area is surrounded by the East Avenue neighborhood just steps away from the brewery and is complete with high tech businesses, local artists, a winery and cafes. The brewery will consist of a 5 BBL brewhouse, a cozy tap room with plenty of old world charm, and a full kitchen creating global cuisine.
It takes more than just quality craft beer, local artisan food and an awesome location in Rochester to create a successful brewpub. For us, it also takes years of home brewing, passion, patience and experience in the industry to breathe life into Sager Beer Works!! We are not just pouring our life savings into this venture but our heart and souls, not to mention a few bruised knuckles as we watch the fruits of our labor come to life. We invite you to be part of this venture.
This campaign is not just about raising money but also about creating an experience for our customers. Please take the time to look over the rewards and see how you can join in. If not, you can always stop in for a craft beer and a bite to eat. Looking forward to meeting all of you in the very near future!! Paul & Don
Meet our Team:
Paul Guarracini- Partner/Brewmaster
Donald Tumminelli-Partner/House Manager
Kevin Reynolds-Project Manager
Dave Schraf - Remodeling and Construction
Brent Rasmussen-Social Media
No venture this size comes without risks, from signing the lease (big step), lawyers (bigger step) and applying for our TTB and SLA licence (giant leap), everything is on the line, however passion, experience and drive to create the best craft beer and food with excellent customer service will be our road to success. Some equipment has arrived such as our new 5BBL system shown below.
At this point we have received out TTB and conditional SLA licence so there is not much more stopping us now other than installing the rest of the equipment and finishing the construction of the tap room. This means lots of little details that add up fast.
The Beer Line-up
We like to say that our beers are creatively traditional. High on drinkability and refreshment, they pair well with our food. We have 15 recipes developed, with five on tap every day. Plus there will be three guest beers and a draft hard cider. If you're not a beer drinker, we'll have wine, soda and kombucha. Here’s a few of the house-made beers:
1) It’s My Jam - New England style IPA
2) Sager Saxon IPA - German IPA
3) King Charles Porter - London style Porter
4) No Hype Amber - West Coast Red Ale
5) Gearhead Kolsch - Golden Hopfen Ale
Meet the food
We will have something for everyone when it comes to filling up the old belly. Flatbread pizzas, Tacos, Crepes, Bison burgers, Beet burgers and more. Our food will strive to be as fresh and local as possible. Here's sample pics of what we have to offer. We hope to see you soon and discover all the tasty items on our menu.
Stay a while!
It's not just about the beer and food so we are creating a cozy spot for you to enjoy them. From the corner tables, to the Long Bar, or the Comfy Corner, you'll want to stay a while.
We have set our goal at $20,000 to help us bring you inside and up close with our concept. Please look over the levels here and choose the one that is right for you. If you can’t help out, we also welcome emails of encouragement and social media likes. Check us out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
As William Butler Yeats suggested, don't be a stranger, come on in!!!
Risks and challenges
Paul has been in the brewing business for over five years and Don has managed other brewpubs so we've got a good head start. But every new business brings new challenges and we are prepared for them. With our Federal and State licenses in hand and most construction completed, we are almost there. We still need to obtain a Certificate Of Occupancy and kitchen permits.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)