Litelok Theft Protection
For ultimate peace of mind you can purchase Litelok Theft Protection and we will replace your stolen bike if its been secured with a Litelok, subject to terms & conditions below.
Bike value up to £1,500 ($1,850, €1,650)
It is available to anyone in the world. You can only purchase Litelok Theft Protection as an optional extra when purchasing a Litelok. We are currently unable to offer Litelok Theft Protection post-purchase.
By purchasing Litelok Theft Protection you allow us to pass on your information to our partner Yellow Jersey.
LITELOK THEFT PROTECTION - TERMS & CONDITIONS
What Litelok will cover you for:
- Theft of your bicycle
- if it is locked using your Litelok and,
- you have complied with our security requirements and,
- you have purchased our Litelok Theft Protection and,
- your bicycle’s value is less than, or equal to, the value of our Litelok Theft Protection you purchased.
- One claim only per year following the purchase of our Litelok Theft Protection
- Whilst adhering to our security criteria, your Litelok Theft Protection can guarantee you against theft for one bicycle at any one time.
Where Litelok will cover you:
What Litelok will NOT cover you for:
- The first £100 of any theft claim when using a Litelok Silver Lock
- Theft of your bicycle if you have not complied with our security requirements
- Theft of your bicycle if its value is greater than the level of cover purchased in our Litelok Theft Protection
- Any claim for a bicycle which you do not own
- Any claim if you cannot provide proof of ownership of your bicycle
- Accidental damage or malicious damage of your bicycle
- Any claim if your bicycle has not been used in accordance with local laws
- Any act of fraud or dishonesty by you or anyone acting on your behalf
- Theft of your bicycle whilst in or on a motor vehicle
- Theft, damage or malicious damage to clothing, helmets or any other part of the bicycle that is not integral to the use of the bicycle (e.g. bike computer)
- Theft of wheels and/or power meter devices unless the bicycle itself is stolen having complied with our security requirements
- Any injury or damage you cause to third parties or third party property whilst using your bicycle
- Accidental damage sustained to your bicycle in transit
- Gradual wear and tear, cosmetic damage, mechanical or electric breakdown, defect or malfunction of your bicycle
- Any costs incurred due to your failure to maintain the bicycle in a roadworthy manner
- The cost of a replacement Litelok following a (successful or attempted) theft
- Natural disasters.
- Our Litelok Theft Protection is managed by Yellow Jersey. In the event of a claim, we will pass your information to them, who in turn reserve the right to pass any relevant information to their partners for the explicit purpose of settling your claim
- If your bicycle is lost or stolen, and its disappearance cannot be explained, we reserve the right not to pay your claim
- Every time you lock up your bicycle outside, it is best practise to take a photo of the bike demonstrating it is locked to an immovable object using your Litelok as this helps us examine your claim
- If your bicycle is stolen, you must notify the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number
- Claims must be submitted within 7 days of the incident.
Within a building:
The bicycle must be secured through the frame and at least 1 wheel by your Litelok to an immovable object within the building.
Outside of a building:
Malicious damage or theft of the bicycle whilst away from a building shall only be covered in circumstances where:
1. The bicycle is not left unattended by you; or
2. The bicycle is left unattended, but secured to an immovable object by your Litelok through the frame and at least 1 wheel and any access to the bicycle is affected by forcible and violent entry.
3. The bicycle is not left locked and unattended for a period longer than 12 hours.
4. Where possible, a time stamped photo is provided demonstrating you have adhered to Security Requirement 3.
FRAUD PREVENTION AND DETECTION
In order to prevent and detect fraud we draw to your attention in accordance with Data Protection Legislation, to the fact that Yellow Jersey may at any time record and monitor telephone calls for the purpose of detecting fraud & deception. They may also pass your details through any number of data sharing/fraud prevention Agencies such as Hunter and CIFAS. Your cover details may be added to the Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register, run by the Insurance Database Services Ltd and the Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register, run by the Association of British Insurers. It is a condition of your policy that you must tell us about any incident (such as accident or theft) whether or not it gives rise to a claim as soon as possible. Yellow Jersey will pass information relating to it on to these Agencies. If you or anyone acting on your behalf gives us false or inaccurate information and Yellow Jersey suspect fraud, all benefits under this Litelok Theft Protection Offer will be void. The matter will be recorded with the above Agencies and pursued in accordance with the law. Yellow Jersey may share information about you with their associated and subsidiary companies. Other organisations may also use and search these records in their effort to combat fraud and undertake credit searches.